Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Tessa Blanchard on racist comments "it’s just not true"

During a media conference call, she told Fightful.

“It was a very emotional weekend, full of highs and lows. I chose to step away from social media for a bit because of all the things that were going on. With everything that went on over the weekend, not everyone’s going to like me. Not everyone is going to agree with what I choose to do in my life. I’ve made mistakes, I’ve faced challenges. One thing I will say though, I’ve never used a racial slur of any kind in my life. It’s not something that I’ve done, it’s not something that I will do. It’s just not true. Some people, they look at social media, someone will make an accusation and will say something, then everyone hops onto the bandwagon. We’ve all got our own stories. There’s a side of everyone’s life that is public and there’s a side that is private. There’s a part for all the world to see and can be judged by anyone that’s interested in it. It’s very unfortunate that some people resort to saying certain things, but it’s just not true and that’s as much I’ll say on it. I know who I am. That’s the world we live in. I’ve faced challenges and obstacles that allowed me to persevere, to become the woman and athlete that I am today. This is just another stone in that step"

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/new … On-Racism/

#2 2020-02-07 11:37:21

RyanP

Re: Tessa Blanchard on racist comments "it’s just not true"

I’m not buying Tessa’s response to these accusations. One person making an accusation can be written off as a bitter ex employee but multiple people making the same accusation is a pattern of behavior that Impact Wrestling should be concerned with and should look into. Also don’t forget that this all came up AFTER Tessa tweeted about women supporting each other. As someone who was bullied a lot growing up nothing sets you off more than a bully talking about people supporting each other and as far as why they didn’t bring it up sooner when the bully is at the top of the card and has a HOF daddy in her corner who do you think management is gonna believe. so I don’t think the timing of it was questionable either. It was even reported that the reason WWE didn’t sign her was because of her bad attitude. Based on what’s been said I believe that there is some truth to these accusations but as far what was actually said and how much of it accurate we will never know for sure.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-02-07 11:38:32)

Board footer