Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

AEW Video Game rumored?

Every since AEW launched there have been video game rumors.

I've no doubt the higher up's in the company have been considering one, and have probably had initial discussions to get one into production.

It would be a good time to get one launched given the current WWE 2K series being at its lowest point, they could look to capitalize off the back of that.

If they do launch a video game, what developer would you like to see back it? What features and game modes would you like?

Shoot...

#2 2019-11-18 13:25:25

Tommy

Re: AEW Video Game rumored?

I would like to see how a company like EA Sports would do in the wrestling game department. As far as features and game modes I would say the standard wrestling stuff. Career mode, create a wrestler, create a show.

#3 2019-11-19 02:30:32

CamelToeClutch

Ben Kerin wrote:

Every since AEW launched there have been video game rumors.

I've no doubt the higher up's in the company have been considering one, and have probably had initial discussions to get one into production.

It would be a good time to get one launched given the current WWE 2K series being at its lowest point, they could look to capitalize off the back of that.

If they do launch a video game, what developer would you like to see back it? What features and game modes would you like?

Shoot...

Developers: Yuke's (original WWF game developers), Spike Chunsoft (Fire Pro Wrestling World, Dragon Quest series), or NetherRealm Studios (Mortal Kombat, Injustice).

Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive (would make sense since TNT and NetherRealm are both owned by WarnerMedia) or Square Enix (Final Fantasy series, All Star Pro-Wrestling)

GAME MODES/FEATURES: Career Mode, Tag Team Career Mode (2-Player Co-Op), Quick Play, Multiplayer (local and online), Create A Wrestler, Create An Entrance, Custom Soundtracks, Free post-launch DLC, Alternate Outfits/Attire, Full Cross-Platform Support.

#4 2019-11-19 15:54:55

Ahole

considering how Jim Corrnet called the show "video game wrestling" already ...they really should make a game

To be the Ahole you gotta beat the Ahole

#5 2020-01-01 20:03:14

WrestlingExpert

Tommy wrote:

I would like to see how a company like EA Sports would do in the wrestling game department. As far as features and game modes I would say the standard wrestling stuff. Career mode, create a wrestler, create a show.

Electronic Arts made a couple of video games for WCW back in 1999 and 2000. They made WCW Mayhem and WCW Backstage Assault. Those were two of the worst wrestling games ever produced. The rosters were good but the actual gameplay and the animations and everything, those games were HORRENDOUS.

Having said that though, I would think that EA would know that they would have to do A LOT better than that nowadays, so maybe they actually could crank out a good game for AEW.

Board footer