You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-06 12:46:22

RyanP

WWE vs. AEW (The women’s divisions)

My first time posting a topic on this new forum and I decided to pick a topic that I want to hear other people’s thoughts on. WWE has a packed women’s division(s) with a lot of talent used and unused. Sasha,Bayley,Becky Lynch and Charlotte like it or not are the top of the mountain when it comes to the WWE women’s divisions. Then you have your secondary Stars in Carmella,Nattie,Naomi,Asuka,Kairi Sane,Alexa Bliss,Dana Brooke and Nikki Cross(I apologize if I missed anyone) The NXT womens division is stacked with Ripley,Bazler,Io Shirai,Bianca, Mia Yim etc...
AEW doesn’t have that big named female star to put them on the map yet. No disrespect to Riho,Allie,Brandi and Awesome Kong but they don’t have the drawing power of Sasha and Becky. With a big spotlight on women’s wrestling in today’s wrestling world AEW will need a big name female star in order for their women’s division to be successful in my opinion.Thoughts?

Last edited by RyanP (2019-11-06 12:52:04)

#2 2019-11-06 12:54:05

Jayke1981

Re: WWE vs. AEW (The women’s divisions)

I agree. the WWE Women's division is the best in the world - it's actually a shame they aren't utilised more. AEW's 'star' woman, at the moment, is probably Britt Baker. They definitely need more star power, but I don't who they can get yet. Cos Tenille Dashwood signed with Impact, Scarlett Bourdeaux is in NXT and Allysin Kay is in NWA.

Let Me In

#3 2019-11-06 13:05:01

RyanP

Jayke1981 wrote:

I agree. the WWE Women's division is the best in the world - it's actually a shame they aren't utilised more. AEW's 'star' woman, at the moment, is probably Britt Baker. They definitely need more star power, but I don't who they can get yet. Cos Tenille Dashwood signed with Impact, Scarlett Bourdeaux is in NXT and Allysin Kay is in NWA.

I agree with you but would Tenille Dashwood, Scarlett Bordeaux or Allysin Kay provide that star power or do they need to poach someone from WWE like Sasha Banks or NXT’s Rhea Ripley to get that star power that they need.

#4 2019-11-06 14:11:34

SirEdger

Jayke1981 wrote:

I don't have anything bad to say against Britt Baker but it baffles me that they don't use Allie and Awesome Kong more than they already have. Those are the 2 that can really draw for AEW's Women.

#5 2019-11-06 21:25:56

WNSYeti
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

RyanP wrote:

My first time posting a topic on this new forum and I decided to pick a topic that I want to hear other people’s thoughts on. WWE has a packed women’s division(s) with a lot of talent used and unused. Sasha,Bayley,Becky Lynch and Charlotte like it or not are the top of the mountain when it comes to the WWE women’s divisions. Then you have your secondary Stars in Carmella,Nattie,Naomi,Asuka,Kairi Sane,Alexa Bliss,Dana Brooke and Nikki Cross(I apologize if I missed anyone) The NXT womens division is stacked with Ripley,Bazler,Io Shirai,Bianca, Mia Yim etc...
AEW doesn’t have that big named female star to put them on the map yet. No disrespect to Riho,Allie,Brandi and Awesome Kong but they don’t have the drawing power of Sasha and Becky. With a big spotlight on women’s wrestling in today’s wrestling world AEW will need a big name female star in order for their women’s division to be successful in my opinion.Thoughts?

We had fun making this a segment of this weeks pod!! Thanks so much for the post man and this is the type of post we love to see!!  Make sure to check out SADIE GIBBS......Shes huge and is on this weeks AEW After Dark....She is the future of the AEW and the Womens Division.  #TIWMafia @3irishboyz

Irish Whip Podcast COO / Talent Relations
Wrestling News Source Contributor
Head Agitator - WNS Forums - Read weekly on @3irishboyz Podcast.

#6 2019-11-07 12:31:11

El Pollo Loco

I'm a Big fan of AEW but I can honestly say that WWE Womens division is by Far Better with the four Horse Women's and Alexa Bliss, Natalya BUT!!!!!! you know How WWE like to Screw things with the Storylines so yes they had the Best Women Division but the horrible booking ideas we are seeing these day it can destroy this division with a finger snap

#7 2019-12-04 09:00:51

GoodOldPapa

SirEdger wrote:
Jayke1981 wrote:

I don't have anything bad to say against Britt Baker but it baffles me that they don't use Allie and Awesome Kong more than they already have. Those are the 2 that can really draw for AEW's Women.

Agreed.  I'm glad I'm having the opportunity to get familiar with the other women wrestlers on the AEW roster, but I'm disappointed that Allie hasn't got more love.  Maybe with the formation/introduction of the new tag team that arrived last week, maybe she will at least get more air time.  They had her dressed in kind of a take on her demon bunny side in Impact, so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Board footer