You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-10 16:25:44

Y2JFanatic

Surprise returns at the Royal Rumble this year... will we get any?

Usually at the Rumble every year they would leave a little room for a few surprises.

I'm sure we'll get a few surprise returns in the women's rumble and the men's rumble both. Last year we saw some surprise 1 off returns and we saw maybe like 1 or 2 full time comebacks.

Asuka hasn't been placed in the Rumble yet... if they're not gonna put her in before the Rumble ppv... she could be making her shocking return on the Rumble night itself and I would prefer that more. Asuka shows up out of no where, it be cool if they did that. I'm sure the women's Rumble will bring in a few NXT stars and a few legends like always.

Wishful thinking but I would like for Chris Jericho to return, at least for a one-off or something. That one is probably out of the question but it would be amazing. He's in contract with AEW still but I'm sure Tony and Vince could work something out so don't rule it out just yet. Like they all say, anything is possible in wrestling!

Maybe The Rock will actually show up for this one, who knows? I would like Triple H to make his comeback soon 'cause he's been out of action for a long while but will 2022 be his year?

If we're gonna get any returns in the Men's Rumble then the most likely choices would have to be: Cena, The Rock, Elias (he's been out for a long while) and maybe Undertaker if anything. 

And just something to point you guys out, that maybe a released superstar will make return... that is also a possibility. ugggghhh, if only they bring The Fiend back 'cause imagine that? Vince and Bray Wyatt worked something out and brings him back. Would be awesome but I doubt it, wishful thinking!

Just wanted to post some thoughts and you can too!

#2 2022-01-13 02:42:09

Status Tomb

Re: Surprise returns at the Royal Rumble this year... will we get any?

I think we might get a Kane return, maybe Booker T.
Corey Graves now he is cleared to wrestle.

#3 2022-01-13 09:30:29

Y2JFanatic

Status Tomb wrote:

Good choices... wishful thinking I'm tired of getting the same "returns" every year, though.

I want a total surprise, a return no one expected like Jericho, RVD, Triple H, Shane O' Mac, etc.

#4 2022-01-13 12:28:15

RyanP

Y2JFanatic wrote:
Status Tomb wrote:

Good choices... wishful thinking I'm tired of getting the same "returns" every year, though.

I want a total surprise, a return no one expected like Jericho, RVD, Triple H, Shane O' Mac, etc.

Jericho would be like the ultimate forbidden door entry and I’m not sure how receptive AEW fans would be to that forbidden door being opened. I do think there will be a forbidden door entry in the men’s rumble from Impact Wrestling like maybe Moose or Eddie Edwards.

#5 Today 14:39:01

Tommy

Women's Rumble:

Ronda Rousey
Paige
Maybe Inspiration/IIconics. I mean they already got Mickie, try for them too.

Men's Rumble:

Corey Graves
Moose
Ken Shamrock

#6 Today 14:48:44

Y2JFanatic

Tommy wrote:

Women's Rumble:

Ronda Rousey
Paige
Maybe Inspiration/IIconics. I mean they already got Mickie, try for them too.

Men's Rumble:

Corey Graves
Moose
Ken Shamrock

Great choices. I can see Ronda coming back for this one.

Ken Shamrock would be "surprising" if they can actually get him. That would be cool.

Board footer