You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-20 14:19:24

RyanP

Tay Conti and Sammy Guevara

Tay and Sammy have been making headlines these past few days and not for good reasons. Sammy announced that his engagement had ended and all the social media trolls started blaming Tay since her and Sammy are friends to the point where she deactivated her Twitter account. Anybody who’s seen any of Tay’s social media accounts knows she posts nothing but positive things and to see this happen to her is disgusting and it makes me embarrassed to even be a wrestling fan. Wrestling fans are legit thee MOST toxic fanbase on social media and it shows when they do stupid stuff like this and the argument that Sammy made it public by proposing in the ring so that justifies any all criticism towards him and Tay is ridiculous. I don’t give a rats ass if he did propose to her in the ring it doesn’t justify the way these two especially Tay are being treated on Social media. So here are a few questions for you. What do you all think of this situation? Are wrestling fans the most toxic fanbase on social media? Do you think wrestling news sites are helping or hurting these wrestlers by reporting on their social media activity? Give me your thoughts on this and have a Merry Christmas!!

#2 2021-12-20 14:44:04

wrestlewriter

Re: Tay Conti and Sammy Guevara

While there is no excuse for harassing people on social media or anywhere else, I do feel that people expect to post their life on social media and only receive wonderful feedback, if anyone posts in the public domain, you will get a variety of opinions back, from the good, the bad and the ugly.  If you only allow a positive feedback loop then people will turn even more narcissistic than before as they are only hearing amazing things about them and vice versa.  My advice would be if anyone does not want joe public from around the world having access to their private lives, don't post about it.

All this will calm down as its no different to George orwells two minutes of hate, a collective of people pick a person or subject, complain and then move on.

#3 2021-12-20 16:34:39

ilyem

Wrestling Twitter is notorious for bullying women off the platform for stupid as hell reasons, usually pertaining to men. Naomi was bullied off Twitter because people blamed her for her husbands actions, Jade Cargill dared to just exist and she got bullied off Twitter. Now it’s going after Tay who literally everyone says is an actual ray of sunshine.

If anything is a lesson not to have a public proposal but either way at the end of the day, it’s really not anyones business. If something did happen between them it wouldn’t be the first time it happened, it’s not the best thing but aside from her being part of Sammy’s blog crew, there is nothing pointing to them being anything other than friends.

Even if they aren’t, I don’t think it’s up to the IWC to hold her accountable as they don’t have the best track record. Apparently no one has learned anything from Hana Kimura.

#4 2021-12-21 17:03:45

Enziguri

Who cares?

#5 2021-12-22 14:37:42

RyanP

Enziguri wrote:

Who cares?

You know I’ve never understood why people say this because all asking who cares does is show that on some level you do care otherwise you wouldn’t be commenting on it at all.

#6 2021-12-23 14:48:21

Enziguri

RyanP wrote:
Enziguri wrote:

Who cares?

You know I’ve never understood why people say this because all asking who cares does is show that on some level you do care otherwise you wouldn’t be commenting on it at all.

No. I genuinely do not care.

You were asking for opinions, correct? That's why you posted this on a public forum. Well my opinion is that I don't care.

#7 2021-12-24 19:06:11

RyanP

Enziguri wrote:
RyanP wrote:
Enziguri wrote:

Who cares?

No. I genuinely do not care.

You were asking for opinions, correct? That's why you posted this on a public forum. Well my opinion is that I don't care.

I did post this on a public forum asking for opinions but just because I did doesn’t mean you had to respond especially if you “genuinely do not care.” If you truly didn’t care you wouldn’t have replied to my post at all but you did so it stands to reason on some level that you do care whether you want to admit it or not. Clearly we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. Anyway have a happy holidays.

#8 2022-01-01 07:37:57

Mikest77

And now they’ve come out as a couple on Twitter ?

Board footer