You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-12 07:34:00

Y2JFanatic

Chucky appears on RAW, borrowing ideas from WCW???

A bit of De Ja vu, I would say?

#2 2021-10-12 07:50:45

Tommy

Re: Chucky appears on RAW, borrowing ideas from WCW???

No it's not borrowing ideas. The new Chucky show is airing on the USA Network so it's promotion for the show.

#3 2021-10-12 08:08:25

Y2JFanatic

Tommy wrote:

No it's not borrowing ideas. The new Chucky show is airing on the USA Network so it's promotion for the show.

Yeah, I know that it's bringing up hype for the new show but I think Vince and Bruce stole a bit of ideas to bring Chucky into wrestling like WCW did. I bet they looked back at that Rick Steiner WCW segment and they decided to give it a go, bring Chucky to RAW.

#4 2021-10-12 10:35:42

Tommy

Y2JFanatic wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Yeah, I know that it's bringing up hype for the new show but I think Vince and Bruce stole a bit of ideas to bring Chucky into wrestling like WCW did. I bet they looked back at that Rick Steiner WCW segment and they decided to give it a go, bring Chucky to RAW.

Pretty sure USA made the decision to utilize Chucky on Raw and it had nothing to do with Vince.

#5 2021-10-12 10:41:07

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

He should show up on NXT and confront Bron Breakker! wink

#6 2021-10-12 17:38:02

Y2JFanatic

Tommy wrote:
Y2JFanatic wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Pretty sure USA made the decision to utilize Chucky on Raw and it had nothing to do with Vince.

That little segment was made by WWE. Everything you see on TV goes under Vince's approval so of course it was all on him. USA probably asked him to do that and he was all for it, obviously. Apparently, Vince seems like he's a big horror movie fan himself.

#7 2021-10-13 06:58:47

GoodOldPapa

Ben Kerin wrote:

It would be appropriate if they did that, since dear ol' Dad was part of the original commercial!

#8 2021-10-13 08:53:34

Y2JFanatic

GoodOldPapa wrote:
Ben Kerin wrote:

It would be appropriate if they did that, since dear ol' Dad was part of the original commercial!

Would be cool but would never happen. Sad that the WWE wants to ignore the Steiners legacy for whatever reason.

#9 2021-10-13 10:29:18

Y2JFanatic

Here's another thought... do you guys think that the reason that Vince and the WWE ignoring the legacy of Rick and the Steiners is because Scott Steiner aka Big Poppa Pump said so many hateful and mean things about Vince and the WWE over the years? Scott's been outspoken about the WWE over the years which is why the Steiners aren't in the Hall of Fame and it's why WWE refuses to acknowledge them over the years. Scott and Vince aren't in good terms. Could be why. They don't want fans looking back at that and they were afraid of that.

#10 2021-10-13 10:55:54

RyanP

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Here's another thought... do you guys think that the reason that Vince and the WWE ignoring the legacy of Rick and the Steiners is because Scott Steiner aka Big Poppa Pump said so many hateful and mean things about Vince and the WWE over the years? Scott's been outspoken about the WWE over the years which is why the Steiners aren't in the Hall of Fame and it's why WWE refuses to acknowledge them over the years. Scott and Vince aren't in good terms. Could be why. They don't want fans looking back at that and they were afraid of that.

Ya think? Vince and I would bet most promoters aren’t going to acknowledge someone who constantly trashes their company. Why would you give a former employee any kind of recognition if all they do now is trash talk your company.

Board footer