You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-21 20:09:46

Y2JFanatic
Member
Registered: 2020-01-15
Posts: 607

Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

... I'll have to say that segment between Alexa and Charlotte with the doll thing was unwatchable at best. This feud is getting stupid.

I'm admittedly missing the Fiend now 'cause of it.

I wish people would take it easy on Meltzer though 'cause I can see people leaving during a boring segment like that.

WWE has always been awful with their creative writing...

... but for the most part, most of last night's RAW was pretty good

Offline

#2 2021-09-22 08:36:21

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 483

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

... I'll have to say that segment between Alexa and Charlotte with the doll thing was unwatchable at best. This feud is getting stupid.

I'm admittedly missing the Fiend now 'cause of it.

I wish people would take it easy on Meltzer though 'cause I can see people leaving during a boring segment like that.

WWE has always been awful with their creative writing...

... but for the most part, most of last night's RAW was pretty good

The problem with Meltzer’s “story” about people leaving the venue was it was debunked by people who were actually AT the venue. Meltzer’s problem with WWE whatever it may be has clearly affected his ability to be unbiased when reporting WWE news and to be honest I’m surprised this site or any wrestling website uses him as a source for WWE news. In fact I wouldn’t mind an explanation from Ben as to why they use Meltzer as a source for wwe news when his accuracy is sub par at best when it comes to reporting wwe news.

Offline

#3 2021-09-22 08:43:28

Y2JFanatic
Member
Registered: 2020-01-15
Posts: 607

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

Fans in attendance thinking they debunked Meltzer's claims still doesn't mean it's the real truth and doesn't mean it's real evidence.

Offline

#4 2021-09-22 09:44:06

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 483

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Fans in attendance thinking they debunked Meltzer's claims still doesn't mean it's the real truth and doesn't mean it's real evidence.

Are you for real? Who’s a more reliable source? The people who were at the show or a guy who very clearly has an issue with WWE and whose wwe news reporting accuracy is sub par at best. Reporting AEW news he is spot on because of his connection to the elite but when it comes to WWE news he is not very accurate or consistent with his wwe news reporting. Bottom line is the guy has a beef with WWE and it shows in his reporting of WWE news.

Offline

#5 2021-09-22 13:28:44

Enziguri
Member
Registered: 2020-10-28
Posts: 73

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

I don't even consider Dave Meltzer to be a wrestling journalist anymore. He's nothing more than a fan with an opinion. 99% of his "news" just seems to be his own speculation at this point.

Offline

#6 2021-09-25 13:31:10

Y2JFanatic
Member
Registered: 2020-01-15
Posts: 607

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

Enziguri wrote:

I don't even consider Dave Meltzer to be a wrestling journalist anymore. He's nothing more than a fan with an opinion. 99% of his "news" just seems to be his own speculation at this point.

I agree... Dave is not the best wrestling news reporter but I think he's actually onto something with this one, though.

Offline

#7 2021-09-26 14:48:45

WrestlingExpert
Moderator
Registered: 2019-10-12
Posts: 66

Re: Whether Dave Meltzer was telling the truth or not...

The thing about Meltzer is that he is clearly, CLEARLY biased towards AEW, and Meltzer and Alvarez shameless praise nearly everything that AEW does, while strongly criticizing nearly everything that WWE does.

Personally, I definitely think that AEW is currently offering a more entertaining and enjoyable product, but Meltzer and Alvarez will often criticize WWE for no reason other than just to criticize WWE.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer