Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Should Rampage increase to 2 hours?

Early days, but I think the one-hour format will be very limiting going forward.

I guess, TNT are looking at numbers before making a clear decision, but given the AEW roster is exploding with talent it would only seem the right thing to have 4 hours of network television a week.

Do you think the show should add another hour?

#2 2021-08-15 13:44:12

GoodOldPapa

Re: Should Rampage increase to 2 hours?

They should wait until after they make the move to TBS in January to decide that.  That would give them more flexibility plus ample time between now and January to see how Rampage is going to do.

#3 2021-08-15 13:55:50

RyanP

I think the ratings are going to decide what they do and I haven’t seen any reports yet about what the debut episode drew for viewership ratings yet. That said I have a question to ask. What number does the viewership number for Rampage need to be at consistently in order for them to consider adding a second hour?

#4 2021-08-15 14:21:25

Aj29051994

RyanP wrote:

I think the ratings are going to decide what they do and I haven’t seen any reports yet about what the debut episode drew for viewership ratings yet. That said I have a question to ask. What number does the viewership number for Rampage need to be at consistently in order for them to consider adding a second hour?

What a ridiculous question to ask. Who on this website is going to be able to give an exact factual answer to that question? It’s a question to ask AEW themselves and the TV networks.

#5 2021-08-15 21:19:31

RyanP

Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:

What a ridiculous question to ask. Who on this website is going to be able to give an exact factual answer to that question? It’s a question to ask AEW themselves and the TV networks.

I was looking for AEW fan’s opinions on what they thought an acceptable viewership number for the new show should be not a factual answer because obviously like you said it would be impossible for anyone on here to say for certain. Bottom line is like every question I’ve asked on here I’m looking for opinions and if there are factual aspects to that opinion then so be it.

#6 2021-08-16 11:35:38

Aj29051994

RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I was looking for AEW fan’s opinions on what they thought an acceptable viewership number for the new show should be not a factual answer because obviously like you said it would be impossible for anyone on here to say for certain. Bottom line is like every question I’ve asked on here I’m looking for opinions and if there are factual aspects to that opinion then so be it.

It does not matter what anyone’s opinions are to a question like that, as none of us are involved in the day to day operations at AEW or the TV networks. It’s not like anyone’s opinions to that question are going to have any impact on what AEW or the TV networks do with Rampage.

#7 2021-08-16 12:04:45

RyanP

Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

It’s not like anyone’s opinions to that question are going to have any impact on what AEW or the TV networks do with Rampage.

Since when has that stopped you or anyone on this forum from voicing their opinion on the posted topics. Of course it’s not going to have an impact on what happens with Rampage but speculation is something that fans of any sports team or wrestling promotion does. All I asked was a simple question of AEW fans looking for their opinions but it seems like your personal beef with me as kept you from seeing that.

#8 2021-08-16 13:54:46

Aj29051994

RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:

It’s not like anyone’s opinions to that question are going to have any impact on what AEW or the TV networks do with Rampage.

Since when has that stopped you or anyone on this forum from voicing their opinion on the posted topics. Of course it’s not going to have an impact on what happens with Rampage but speculation is something that fans of any sports team or wrestling promotion does. All I asked was a simple question of AEW fans looking for their opinions but it seems like your personal beef with me as kept you from seeing that.

It’s simple, you ask a ridiculous question, I’ll give you a ridiculous answer. Personal beef with you? That made me laugh, so you feel you can see people having personal beefs with you but yet you cannot see when you have a personal beef against someone or something yourself as has been pointed out by numerous users on here about the way you constantly try and crap over AEW, on a wide range of topics. If it bothers you “thinking” that I’ve got a personal beef that much, because of what I say or comment back to you, why don’t you just go and do what you always did and go and turn into “Ryan the Reporter” again.

Last edited by Aj29051994 (2021-08-16 13:55:25)

#9 2021-08-16 14:38:44

RyanP

Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

It’s simple, you ask a ridiculous question, I’ll give you a ridiculous answer. Personal beef with you? That made me laugh, so you feel you can see people having personal beefs with you but yet you cannot see when you have a personal beef against someone or something yourself as has been pointed out by numerous users on here about the way you constantly try and crap over AEW, on a wide range of topics. If it bothers you “thinking” that I’ve got a personal beef that much, because of what I say or comment back to you, why don’t you just go and do what you always did and go and turn into “Ryan the Reporter” again.

If criticizing AEW is considered “crap on AEW” then guilty as charged but I don’t know if you’ve noticed this or not but I’m not the only one who does that. I have nothing personal against AEW I just think if people are going to criticize WWE for doing stupid things then AEW should be subjected to the same criticism when they make questionable decisions. You don’t like what I have to say fine but as far as your “personal beef” against me goes I have noticed that most of the time when I comment on here you’re one of the first ones to respond to me so yeah I think you’ve got a personal beef with me. As far as reporting you or anyone else goes the only people I’ve reported lately are the spam accounts that keep showing up in the General discussion category. I don’t plan on reporting anyone that disagrees with me or insults me anymore unless it’s really toxic. All I did was ask a simple question in my original comment looking for the opinions of AEW fans that’s all I was trying to do.

#10 2021-08-16 17:41:21

Aj29051994

RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:

If criticizing AEW is considered “crap on AEW” then guilty as charged but I don’t know if you’ve noticed this or not but I’m not the only one who does that. I have nothing personal against AEW I just think if people are going to criticize WWE for doing stupid things then AEW should be subjected to the same criticism when they make questionable decisions. You don’t like what I have to say fine but as far as your “personal beef” against me goes I have noticed that most of the time when I comment on here you’re one of the first ones to respond to me so yeah I think you’ve got a personal beef with me. As far as reporting you or anyone else goes the only people I’ve reported lately are the spam accounts that keep showing up in the General discussion category. I don’t plan on reporting anyone that disagrees with me or insults me anymore unless it’s really toxic. All I did was ask a simple question in my original comment looking for the opinions of AEW fans that’s all I was trying to do.

Jesus Christ, I never said that you are the only one who craps on AEW, as I’ve clearly stated on this very forum in the past, I too have criticised AEW for things they do. If you’re also referring to the comment sections on here or other websites in regards to people crapping on AEW, again like I’ve said very recently on a different topic on the website, I do not bother concerning myself with the comment sections. I’m always one of the first ones to comment to anything you say, well that’s rich, when you are one of the prime candidates for commenting ASAP on any topic as soon as someone creates one, whether you like what’s been posted or not. So based on your apparent perception of what a “personal beef” is, any comments that you disagree with must surely mean that you have a “personal beef” with them, as that is apparently what it means to you when I disagree with anything you say.

#11 2021-08-16 22:46:49

WrestlingExpert

Personally, I'm okay with a good one-hour wrestling program. If the show is booked nicely, a one-hour wrestling show can be very enjoyable, and the time goes by quickly.

#12 2021-08-17 11:36:32

ilyem

With the current spot they have, they should be staying to one hour, unless the moved to a different night and got a 9PM slot then I could see them going to two hours, but I think the one hour is the best for the time and night they have right now.

#13 2021-08-21 08:44:34

HC13 Aries Styles

I could see them doing so after the move to TBS adding another hour saying starting at 9pm til 11pm on Friday nights.... Though I could see them test it with Special-Rampage on TNT just to see what viewership they bring in too??

#14 2021-08-21 13:29:23

pinkFloyd4ever

No. Don't flood the airwaves. 1hr leaves you wanting more

#15 2021-09-09 01:39:18

Musikislife

Honestly I say Yes they should and Move Dynamite to 3 hrs also.. I love what AEW is doing atm

#16 2021-09-20 01:57:38

ktglitz

Not at the moment no. I like AEW TV as it is at the moment. One of the reasons I went off WWE was that the shows got longer and the content got thinner, really thin. I like AEW because as a rule we don't get the same replay of a match repeated multiple times in the same broadcast because there's not enough real content. Yes, for AEW, the roster is growing so they are going to have to be careful in how they book shows but extending things too soon might be a mistake. Build slowly on what you have and grow steadily and don't rush to extend everything because people think you should match WWE.

Board footer