You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-19 06:45:11

GoodOldPapa

CM Punk's Debut!?

As of right now, all signs seem to be pointing to the initial debut of CM Punk in AEW, with a good possibility that it may happen tomorrow night in Chicago at Rampage.  If it does, the question is simple:  When do you think would be the best time during the show for him to appear?  There's no right or wrong answer here per say, just wondering what everyone is feeling about it.

#2 2021-08-19 12:29:27

Majin Tween
Administrator
Website
XMPP:
raccoon@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Re: CM Punk's Debut!?

My guess is Punk will be the last thing you see on the show. Cliffhanger ending, etc.

#3 2021-08-20 10:22:19

wrestlewriter

it would be cool to see a scenario where say a wrestler is in the ring, and it goes black and on the big screen it shows a mid card performer who the fans think is the opponent, after a few words the wrestler says "I am not your opponent" then points, lights come back on and CM punk is standing in the ring behind the wrestler, that would be both misdirection and an interesting start to aew cm punk with the crowd reaction etc.

#4 2021-08-21 08:53:27

HC13 Aries Styles

Right now AEW is  getting what they want and need the attention.... For a show debut to be talked about 2 days before and 2 days after  Rampage debut.....  Then to have CM Punk and AEW Rampage -Chicago- United Center to be talked about for the past 3 weeks on social media....  It was smart of them   having Punk open the show and tease challenge Darby for All Out....

#5 2021-08-21 13:32:20

pinkFloyd4ever

I've watched wrestling since 1981 as a kid. I've never witnessed something as awesome as Punk's return.
I've tried to think of close similarities but nothing comes to mind.
Daniel Bryan or Edge post concussion return doesn't compare. HBK is below that.

The moment helped being in Chicago too but that was white hot and memorable.

Board footer