You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-22 15:47:11

HC13 Aries Styles

The News and Rumors of AEW Signings and possible

So News is out that AEW have signed Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson)  to a contract...   Just might be the biggest signing and biggest steal from the WWE to date????
Then the news that AEW is in talks with CM Punk and it very well possible they could come to a deal in the near future. Which IMO would be the biggest signing in AEW History....
What are your thoughts of these two possible joining AEW ???

#2 2021-07-22 16:49:44

Aj29051994

Re: The News and Rumors of AEW Signings and possible

If both these signings happen, I would be less enthused about CM Punk than Bryan Danielson, just because of how long Punk has been out of the ring now. I just don’t feel him making a return to wrestling will be as big as it would have been a few years ago. Don’t get me wrong if he does return, it would still attract viewers, but I’d have my reservations as to the level Punk could perform at having been away for so long.

Bryan Danielson though I feel would be a great addition, personally I’d love to see Danielson compete against many different talents in AEW, but top three for me would be, Kenny Omega, Adam Page & Jungle Boy.

#3 2021-07-22 21:12:23

RyanP

Bryan would be a great addition but he’s not going to be a full time weekly attraction for them to utilize. Also keep in mind that he has a history of concussions and AEW/NJPW is a lot more hard hitting than WWE. All it would take is one stiff shot to the head and his AEW career could be cut short. I don’t think Punk is nearly as big a deal now as he would have been a few years ago.

#4 2021-07-23 04:54:29

Aj29051994

RyanP wrote:

Bryan would be a great addition but he’s not going to be a full time weekly attraction for them to utilize. Also keep in mind that he has a history of concussions and AEW/NJPW is a lot more hard hitting than WWE. All it would take is one stiff shot to the head and his AEW career could be cut short. I don’t think Punk is nearly as big a deal now as he would have been a few years ago.

I’m fully aware that he will not be a full time talent, as I’ve read the other reports detailing that he would be working a limited schedule but still be getting paid very well for it. I’m also fully aware as I’m sure many other wrestling fans are about his past history with concussions, it’s no different to Christian Cage. AEW or NJPW, might be more hard hitting, but funnily enough it don’t matter what company a wrestler works for their career could be cut short after “one stiff shot to the head” even without having a past history of concussions.

Board footer