You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-06 21:43:55

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 691

Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

It seems to me Talk Is Jericho is becoming  AEWs version of Steve Austins Broken Skull Sessions...
Though AEW don't have a streaming service  that it's available, but I could see it eventually adding one in the coming years with expanding it product, shows...
What do y'all think, could AEW add a Streaming service??

Offline

#2 2021-07-07 10:11:33

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 487

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

There’s an old saying that I believe applies to your question and it also could apply to their eight figure video game division investment. Learn to crawl before you walk. Fans aren’t going to care about a streaming service or video games if the in ring product isn’t living up to their standards.

Offline

#3 2021-07-07 13:40:54

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 188

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

I don't think a streaming service will come for a bit seeing as they are too new still, I could see more content being released to youtube over a streaming service just yet, not enough content to put on it unless the move Dark and Elevation, but since that is currently free I don't see it happening just yet. I think they might put more focus on their youtube channel and ad revenue from that first. They also have the AEW podcast so only time will tell.

Also, Ryan, really, that answers nothing as he was asking a question of what people think is going to happen. I also see plenty of people happy with AEW's product, so please stop acting as you speak for their fans when you clearly aren't one.

Offline

#4 2021-07-07 14:57:20

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 487

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

ilyem wrote:

I don't think a streaming service will come for a bit seeing as they are too new still, I could see more content being released to youtube over a streaming service just yet, not enough content to put on it unless the move Dark and Elevation, but since that is currently free I don't see it happening just yet. I think they might put more focus on their youtube channel and ad revenue from that first. They also have the AEW podcast so only time will tell.

Also, Ryan, really, that answers nothing as he was asking a question of what people think is going to happen. I also see plenty of people happy with AEW's product, so please stop acting as you speak for their fans when you clearly aren't one.

I don’t have to be an AEW fan to state the obvious dude. If the fans aren’t happy with the in ring product(and yes there are AEW fans that aren’t happy with the product) then they’re not going to be interested in a streaming service or a video game. WWE Network is the perfect example. When Roman won the Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan a lot of people canceled their WWE Network subscription because they were unhappy with the in ring product. What do you think would to happen to subscriptions on an AEW streaming service if they had another botched PPV ending like the exploding barbwire death match? Do you think they would lose subscriptions? I get it AEW fans don’t like to accept criticism of their company but what did I say in my original statement that was inaccurate or couldn’t be possible? I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I also can read comments on social media and I see AEW is getting criticized more and more by fans that at one point were defending them.

Offline

#5 2021-07-07 15:10:59

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 188

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I don't think a streaming service will come for a bit seeing as they are too new still, I could see more content being released to youtube over a streaming service just yet, not enough content to put on it unless the move Dark and Elevation, but since that is currently free I don't see it happening just yet. I think they might put more focus on their youtube channel and ad revenue from that first. They also have the AEW podcast so only time will tell.

Also, Ryan, really, that answers nothing as he was asking a question of what people think is going to happen. I also see plenty of people happy with AEW's product, so please stop acting as you speak for their fans when you clearly aren't one.

I don’t have to be an AEW fan to state the obvious dude. If the fans aren’t happy with the in ring product(and yes there are AEW fans that aren’t happy with the product) then they’re not going to be interested in a streaming service or a video game. WWE Network is the perfect example. When Roman won the Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan a lot of people canceled their WWE Network subscription because they were unhappy with the in ring product. What do you think would to happen to subscriptions on an AEW streaming service if they had another botched PPV ending like the exploding barbwire death match? Do you think they would lose subscriptions? I get it AEW fans don’t like to accept criticism of their company but what did I say in my original statement that was inaccurate or couldn’t be possible? I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I also can read comments on social media and I see AEW is getting criticized more and more by fans that at one point were defending them.

I am all for criticizing the product you consume, I have done it with AEW many of time even on this site itself. I don't understand where you think I don't also criticize the product I consume. I see people criticizing AEW, but I also see lots of fans who enjoy the product. I am telling you the same thing you've touted to people many times in here with WWE. The way you are staging it is that there is no one enjoying AEW, when there is, you just don't want there to be. I am not above saying that there are things they need to work on, but you are acting as if the majority of AEW fans are hating the product which isn't true. Stop acting as if I haven't criticized AEW myself and am some fan who cant accept that not everything they do is perfect, but you are also acting like they are about to be cancelled because NO one enjoys them anymore. This is why I can't take you seriously because you claim to dislike AEW but you are in here quite a bit trying to shit on them under the guise of 'this is what other people are saying not just me.' Because if someone turned around and talked about how the standard of WWE has gone way down you'd be pulling yourself apart defending them as you always have. You are transparent at this point, if you aren't going to contribute anything of substance to a conversation then don't contribute at all, as you would say to anyone just pointlessly grabbing at things to crap on WWE about. Also in my reply I literally said I don't think it's a good idea, because they are too new and don't have enough content. If WWE was less than three years old it wouldn't make sense for them to having a streaming service either.

Also saying AEW fans can't take any criticisms is rich coming from you in all situations because I see you both on the forum and in the comment sections you claim to hate so much doing whatever you can in defense of WWE, which is my problem with you, because you can defend WWE but AEW fans can't place any defense for AEW? That's hypocritical as hell my dude.

Last edited by ilyem (2021-07-07 15:18:26)

Offline

#6 2021-07-07 15:30:57

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 487

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I don't think a streaming service will come for a bit seeing as they are too new still, I could see more content being released to youtube over a streaming service just yet, not enough content to put on it unless the move Dark and Elevation, but since that is currently free I don't see it happening just yet. I think they might put more focus on their youtube channel and ad revenue from that first. They also have the AEW podcast so only time will tell.

Also, Ryan, really, that answers nothing as he was asking a question of what people think is going to happen. I also see plenty of people happy with AEW's product, so please stop acting as you speak for their fans when you clearly aren't one.

I don’t have to be an AEW fan to state the obvious dude. If the fans aren’t happy with the in ring product(and yes there are AEW fans that aren’t happy with the product) then they’re not going to be interested in a streaming service or a video game. WWE Network is the perfect example. When Roman won the Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan a lot of people canceled their WWE Network subscription because they were unhappy with the in ring product. What do you think would to happen to subscriptions on an AEW streaming service if they had another botched PPV ending like the exploding barbwire death match? Do you think they would lose subscriptions? I get it AEW fans don’t like to accept criticism of their company but what did I say in my original statement that was inaccurate or couldn’t be possible? I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I also can read comments on social media and I see AEW is getting criticized more and more by fans that at one point were defending them.

I am all for criticizing the product you consume, I have done it with AEW many of time even on this site itself. I don't understand where you think I don't also criticize the product I consume. I see people criticizing AEW, but I also see lots of fans who enjoy the product. I am telling you the same thing you've touted to people many times in here with WWE. The way you are staging it is that there is no one enjoying AEW, when there is, you just don't want there to be. I am not above saying that there are things they need to work on, but you are acting as if the majority of AEW fans are hating the product which isn't true. Stop acting as if I haven't criticized AEW myself and am some fan who cant accept that not everything they do is perfect, but you are also acting like they are about to be cancelled because NO one enjoys them anymore. This is why I can't take you seriously because you claim to dislike AEW but you are in here quite a bit trying to shit on them under the guise of 'this is what other people are saying not just me.' Because if someone turned around and talked about how the standard of WWE has gone way down you'd be pulling yourself apart defending them as you always have. You are transparent at this point, if you aren't going to contribute anything of substance to a conversation then don't contribute at all, as you would say to anyone just pointlessly grabbing at things to crap on WWE about. Also in my reply I literally said I don't think it's a good idea, because they are too new and don't have enough content. If WWE was less than three years old it wouldn't make sense for them to having a streaming service either.

Also saying AEW fans can't take any criticisms is rich coming from you in all situations because I see you both on the forum and in the comment sections you claim to hate so much doing whatever you can in defense of WWE, which is my problem with you, because you can defend WWE but AEW fans can't place any defense for AEW? That's hypocritical as hell my dude.

I’m not saying AEW fans can’t defend the AEW product what I’m saying is I see more AEW fans(not yourself) dishing out criticism of WWE and not being able to handle the criticism of AEW. I want AEW to succeed. AEW’s success is good for the wrestling business in general but I’m going to hold them accountable for bad decisions just like I would WWE. While it’s true that I defend WWE a lot I’ve also stated numerous times that there are areas of the product that they could improve on. I’m not going down this rabbit hole any farther. The topic is about a possible AEW streaming service and I stand by what I said that they need to focus on improving/tweaking their in ring product and gathering more content before they worry about a streaming service or even video games for that matter.

Offline

#7 2021-07-07 17:55:45

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 188

Re: Talk Is Jericho and AEW programs

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I don’t have to be an AEW fan to state the obvious dude. If the fans aren’t happy with the in ring product(and yes there are AEW fans that aren’t happy with the product) then they’re not going to be interested in a streaming service or a video game. WWE Network is the perfect example. When Roman won the Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan a lot of people canceled their WWE Network subscription because they were unhappy with the in ring product. What do you think would to happen to subscriptions on an AEW streaming service if they had another botched PPV ending like the exploding barbwire death match? Do you think they would lose subscriptions? I get it AEW fans don’t like to accept criticism of their company but what did I say in my original statement that was inaccurate or couldn’t be possible? I don’t speak for anyone but myself but I also can read comments on social media and I see AEW is getting criticized more and more by fans that at one point were defending them.

I am all for criticizing the product you consume, I have done it with AEW many of time even on this site itself. I don't understand where you think I don't also criticize the product I consume. I see people criticizing AEW, but I also see lots of fans who enjoy the product. I am telling you the same thing you've touted to people many times in here with WWE. The way you are staging it is that there is no one enjoying AEW, when there is, you just don't want there to be. I am not above saying that there are things they need to work on, but you are acting as if the majority of AEW fans are hating the product which isn't true. Stop acting as if I haven't criticized AEW myself and am some fan who cant accept that not everything they do is perfect, but you are also acting like they are about to be cancelled because NO one enjoys them anymore. This is why I can't take you seriously because you claim to dislike AEW but you are in here quite a bit trying to shit on them under the guise of 'this is what other people are saying not just me.' Because if someone turned around and talked about how the standard of WWE has gone way down you'd be pulling yourself apart defending them as you always have. You are transparent at this point, if you aren't going to contribute anything of substance to a conversation then don't contribute at all, as you would say to anyone just pointlessly grabbing at things to crap on WWE about. Also in my reply I literally said I don't think it's a good idea, because they are too new and don't have enough content. If WWE was less than three years old it wouldn't make sense for them to having a streaming service either.

Also saying AEW fans can't take any criticisms is rich coming from you in all situations because I see you both on the forum and in the comment sections you claim to hate so much doing whatever you can in defense of WWE, which is my problem with you, because you can defend WWE but AEW fans can't place any defense for AEW? That's hypocritical as hell my dude.

I’m not saying AEW fans can’t defend the AEW product what I’m saying is I see more AEW fans(not yourself) dishing out criticism of WWE and not being able to handle the criticism of AEW. I want AEW to succeed. AEW’s success is good for the wrestling business in general but I’m going to hold them accountable for bad decisions just like I would WWE. While it’s true that I defend WWE a lot I’ve also stated numerous times that there are areas of the product that they could improve on. I’m not going down this rabbit hole any farther. The topic is about a possible AEW streaming service and I stand by what I said that they need to focus on improving/tweaking their in ring product and gathering more content before they worry about a streaming service or even video games for that matter.

And I will stand by what I said that I don’t think a streaming service is even on their radar right now as they don’t have that amount of content for it. You can say you want AEW to succeed but you try to punch it down at any chance you can get, but I’ve seen you on forms on peoples cases for doing the same to WWE. I’m not saying it’s right, I’m saying it’s hypocritical in any case. The video game has already been announced, a lot of companies are in the red for certain things, I’m sure it’s happened even in the infancy of WWE. The game is too far into development to axe it now.

I agree they don’t need a streaming service but not for the reasons you say, again, if WWE wasn’t even three years old I’d say the same thing. It makes sense for the WWE to have one because they have decades of content that they either produced or own themselves, AEW doesn’t have that so it wouldn’t make sense.

You just come off as someone who will try and take shots at AEW any chance you can but can’t handle it when it’s done back to you. It’s not the move dude, I’m obviously a bigger AEW fan than I am WWE but I can support and critique WWE in a way that isn’t just pure shitting on them. Sometimes it’s needed, but not always.

Last edited by ilyem (2021-07-07 17:58:26)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer