Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

AEW Dynamite moving nights?

So there are a lot of rumors AEW Dynamite may have to move off Wednesday nights due to the recent National Hockey League and Turner Sports deal.

Tony Khan recently responded to the rumor:

"I know Wednesday night is our slot and our home," Khan said (h/t Fightful). "I'm thrilled with our partnership with TNT. It's the lifeblood of our company and our primary revenue source. It's the way most fans get exposed to AEW and see our show. Every Wednesday that we do Dynamite, for a lot of wrestling fans, it's a really important night of the week. I want everyone rest assured that they're not going to have to worry about these kind of major....we have a contract with over two and a half years left for Wednesday nights in this slot. If there was ever an opportunity to move or a deal to be had, I would consider it. If we did something, it would have to be a really good deal for AEW and make sense for us. As it stands right now, that is the spot we're in. If we move, I would certainly consider a deal if there was something in it for AEW."

Do you see Dynamite moving night? Will they pursue WWE and move to Monday or go for their "own" night?

#2 2021-04-29 08:04:07

GoodOldPapa

Re: AEW Dynamite moving nights?

You never know but early speculation is that the NHL might be on TBS. They seem to have more flexibility with their TV schedule right now.  I would anticipate Dynamite staying in their current time slot, at least for the duration of the current contract.

#3 2021-04-29 09:43:13

ilyem

GoodOldPapa wrote:

You never know but early speculation is that the NHL might be on TBS. They seem to have more flexibility with their TV schedule right now.  I would anticipate Dynamite staying in their current time slot, at least for the duration of the current contract.

Same, TK doesn't seem to worried about moving as he said, they still have over 2 years contracted for Wednesday nights, so I think they'll be staying to Wednesdays for now, who knows what could happen in the future though. I prefer having different things to watch nightly, I've been liking watching NXT on Tuesdays now, have caught Impact a couple times now.

#4 2021-05-15 09:11:30

HC13 Aries Styles

I don't think they will move Dynamite to another night, but with TV and deals one never knows???
Right now I think TNT airs the NBA on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with ESPN airing games on Wednesdays and Fridays... As for when the NHL start airing  if when reading about the TV deal it was to be air on both TBS and TNT,  I could see them airing the NHL on Saturday and Sunday on TNT and TBS once or twice a week....   Speaking of wording, take AEW contract to have a 2nd show on the Turner networks (TBS and TNT) could be possible if and when AEW launch a 2nd show could be on TBS??

Board footer