You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-08 09:23:44

Y2JFanatic

WWE on Peacock is actually pretty nice, way better than the Network...

I was a little disappointed for a little while... WWE Network shutting down and moving to Peacock permanently but now I think maybe that was a good move after all. I signed up for Peacock over the weekend so I can continue to watch my WWE and I've been using it all week. Watched a few streaming "Chronicle" episodes Shayna Baszler and Jeff Hardy. Then I've been watching the live streaming: WWE Hof and "NXT Stand and Deliver" last night.

Just a little review of WWE Peacock, I'm quite impressed. The WWE Network had all kinds of streaming issues anyways so I'm now thinking: good riddance. The Peacock streaming is way better and the live streaming is a bit better too.

Not a lot of WWE stuff on Peacock yet 'cause they didn't make the full move yet and they will this month. On top of that, Peacock is way cheaper than WWE Network $4.99 a month. There will be advertisements but I don't mind the ads 'cause it's just like watching regular TV and even the ads are impressive 'cause they don't bombard you with them so I'm cool with the ads.

I'm pretty happy with Peacock streaming and it's also a good opportunity for WWE to grow a larger audience. Peacock has also cool TV shows and movies so I put a bunch of that on my watchlist like "Yellowstone", "The Munsters" and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"... yes please.

So far so good, Peacock is awesome.... my only gripe is that Peacock is not yet available for Samsung Smart TV's but I'm hoping it will be down the road. I just watch it on my PS4 for now which works really good.

What are your thoughts on Peacock so far? Feel free to post your honest review.

#2 2021-04-08 11:29:28

Shadow409

Re: WWE on Peacock is actually pretty nice, way better than the Network...

You're happy that Peacock is literally erasing wrestling history, by censoring anything they don't feel is "family-friendly" while they keep shows like Vikings unedited? I have never had any trouble with the network streaming, I have had nothing but issues since Peacock took over, but I'm sure that will get better with time. I don't know I don't have a solid opinion yet, but if I had to give one right now I'd say not impressed 4/10. I am sure it will get better as things get sorted and added, but as of this second I only switched to get Mania, I'm sure I'll end up keeping it, but eh I preferred the network.

#3 2021-04-09 16:51:25

Blazaholic

Shadow409 wrote:

You're happy that Peacock is literally erasing wrestling history, by censoring anything they don't feel is "family-friendly" while they keep shows like Vikings unedited? I have never had any trouble with the network streaming, I have had nothing but issues since Peacock took over, but I'm sure that will get better with time. I don't know I don't have a solid opinion yet, but if I had to give one right now I'd say not impressed 4/10. I am sure it will get better as things get sorted and added, but as of this second I only switched to get Mania, I'm sure I'll end up keeping it, but eh I preferred the network.

Same, that's the thing that sucks about selling your product to other companies, they can edit it to fit with their standards. Hulu and Netflix have done the same thing with some shows, whereas Disney just puts warnings at the beginning of controversial episodes. Honestly I think the way Disney goes about it is the better way to go. That way the snowflakes can choose to skip it while the people who don't care can enjoy wrestling history, good and bad in it's entirety, NBC doesn't really care about that though. Public image will always be more important to them.

#4 2021-04-09 17:50:19

Y2JFanatic

So I guess you guys are okay with WWE personalities using racial slurs on their programming including Vince McMahon himself...

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/ … r%20Series.

Anyhow, they can take out the Edge and Lita orgy stuff for all I care and they can take out the Mae Young giving birth to a hand and the Triple H necrophilia crap.

Children and families don't need to see any of that.

#5 2021-04-09 21:00:55

bswanson

yeah with firestick wwe network would buffer alot but no other apps would fine on peacock and some things should be removed vince should never had said n word. dx doing blackface not okay. and its not edited yet but do we really wanna relive katie vick lol. so far only things edited are racial stuff. besides that all raws from 96 to present are there

Board footer