You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-30 08:52:28

RyanP

NXT officially moving to Tuesdays

It has been made official by WWE and USA Network that NXT will be moving to Tuesdays. Another interesting development is that they also announced a MULTI Year partnership agreement to continue to air NXT on USA Network. The questions are simple. What do you think about the Tuesday night move for NXT now that it has been made official? Are you surprised by the multi year extension to air NXT on USA Network? I think this is going to be a good thing not only for NXT but wrestling fans in general. The whole Wednesday Night War propaganda can finally be put to rest and fans can watch both shows live without it hurting the viewership of the show they like more. I also find the multi year extension interesting as well considering a lot of fans assumed that even with a move to Tuesdays that they would eventually remove NXT from USA Network because of the low viewership numbers. Like I said this is a win win for wrestling fans in my opinion. What do y’all think about these announcements?

#2 2021-03-30 09:10:02

GoodOldPapa

Re: NXT officially moving to Tuesdays

I wasn't aware of the multi-year extension, but yes this should be a win for all wrestling fans.  You've got Raw on Mondays, NXT on Tuesdays, AEW on Wednesdays, Impact on Thursdays starting April 8, and Smackdown on Fridays.  Thats a win-win in my book for true fans of professional wrestling.

#3 2021-03-30 09:56:20

RyanP

GoodOldPapa wrote:

I wasn't aware of the multi-year extension, but yes this should be a win for all wrestling fans.  You've got Raw on Mondays, NXT on Tuesdays, AEW on Wednesdays, Impact on Thursdays starting April 8, and Smackdown on Fridays.  Thats a win-win in my book for true fans of professional wrestling.

Couldn’t agree more. True wrestling fans will see this as a win win situation for them whereas marks will see this as a way to fan the flames for the non existent “war”between WWE and AEW. Like I said before being on separate nights should and hopefully will put an end to the whole ratings war crap.

#4 2021-03-30 10:22:59

ilyem

Overall better for all shows on hand. NXT will hopefully see an uptick in viewership and hopefully so will AEW.

Impact is moving to Thursdays so it'll be back to the five night a week wrestling and people can still pick and choose what they want.

I didn't think NXT was gonna move off TV, USA has had a deal with WWE for years and if they can get viewership in a time slot they don't typically get much, why would they kick it off?

Pipe dream to think this will stop any WWE vs AEW thing aside from them not being on same nights, we'll still see it. People like drama and they are gonna continue to fan those flames for as long as they can, just how it works. Just don't be bothered by it.

Board footer