You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-24 23:58:18

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW having their first house shows

It was announced that AEW is having 2 non-TV house shows... One can only think in the near future when AEW go back on tour they will do more house shows....
What do y'all think of this annoucement ??

#2 2021-03-25 01:46:58

RyanP

Re: AEW having their first house shows

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

It was announced that AEW is having 2 non-TV house shows... One can only think in the near future when AEW go back on tour they will do more house shows....
What do y'all think of this annoucement ??

I don’t see them doing a lot of house shows because if you recall when AEW first came into existence they said that they weren’t going to do a lot if any house shows because they didn’t want to wear there talent out by doing too many house shows which was a shot at WWE and their ridiculous number of house shows a year. So will they do more house shows than the 2 announced? Absolutely but I don’t see that number going into the double digits.

#3 2021-03-25 08:14:14

ilyem

TK, Kenny, Cody, & the Bucks have all been pretty firm on that they wouldn't be working 7 days a week and that they want to be able to give their talent the breaks they need between filming. I don't think house shows will be regular weekly things but I could see them doing them here and there, maybe a few times a year in different places. I think right now they are just taking advantage of not being able to have a lot of fans in and now Covid restrictions are easing.

#4 2021-03-25 10:39:03

HC13 Aries Styles

I think they will do weekend shows Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.....   Consider  WWE don't or have done 5-7 days a week house shows in years (Monday and Wednesday and Friday being  there  TV shows- tapings, Saturdays and Sundays being there regular house shows....
I could see AEW doing 6 to 8 house shows a month, but we probably several months away before they test such on the road..

#5 2021-03-25 11:20:29

HC13 Aries Styles

Anyways before/after the pandemic happen several key figures Jim Ross, Cody, even Tony Khan was talking about adding house shows in 2020, thus they push it back to this year...and the weekend of  of Wrestlemania at that..

Board footer