You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-19 10:02:39

Y2JFanatic

Shane McMahon in WWE Hall of Fame, yay or nay???

Yeah, I know Vince already inducted himself in the WWE Hall of Fame but if there were to be another McMahon to be inducted in the Hall of Fame... I think Shane McMahon would be totally worthy.

I mean love him or hate him all you want to, he contributed and accomplished a lot in the wrestling business.

Lets see:

- Was big part of the Corporation and the Corporate Minustry
- Was big part of the Alliance and WCW Invasion storyline
- Had long reigning feud with Kane
- Had feud with DX and Bobby Lashley
- Had matches with pretty much a lot of iconic stars you could think of: Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Vince, etc.
- Was playable character in a lot of WWE video games you could think of
- 1 Time European Champion
- 1 Time Hardcore Champion
- 1 Time Tag Champion with the Miz as tag partner
- WWE World Cup "Best in the World" (dare I say it but it's an accomplishment)
- Backstage producer
- Ran WWE.com website

When Shane did wrestling matches over the years, love him or hate him, he had some pretty exciting as hell matches over the years and the dude wasn't afraid to take some really dangerous bumps either. This guy was never afraid to take big risks to put on an exciting show and he would do anything to do that.

I think Shane-O-Mac will get in the Hall of Fame one day... maybe not right away but maybe when he retires for good, he'll agree to get himself in but he's definitely worthy.

I dare someone tell me he isn't.

#2 2021-03-19 10:43:20

Shadow409

Re: Shane McMahon in WWE Hall of Fame, yay or nay???

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Yeah, I know Vince already inducted himself in the WWE Hall of Fame but if there were to be another McMahon to be inducted in the Hall of Fame... I think Shane McMahon would be totally worthy.

I mean love him or hate him all you want to, he contributed and accomplished a lot in the wrestling business.

Lets see:

- Had matches with pretty much a lot of iconic stars you could think of: Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Vince, etc.
- Backstage producer
- Ran WWE.com website

When Shane did wrestling matches over the years, love him or hate him, he had some pretty exciting as hell matches over the years and the dude wasn't afraid to take some really dangerous bumps either. This guy was never afraid to take big risks to put on an exciting show and he would do anything to do that.

I think Shane-O-Mac will get in the Hall of Fame one day... maybe not right away but maybe when he retires for good, he'll agree to get himself in but he's definitely worthy.

Okay, first off, Vincent Kennedy McMahon IS NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame. His father Vincent J. McMahon was inducted by Shane in the mid-90s, but Shane's Dad and current Owner/CEO of WWE is not in the Hall.

Now onto is Shane worthy of the Hall of Fame? Sure, why not? People that have done half as much are in there, so I'm sure Shane will go in at some point, but that is a sticky spot for WWE and the McMahons. There will plenty of people that will claim they are only there because of their last name, and they don't deserve it. Shane has a great list of accomplishments as you stated, but again, people will still think it's because of his name. I've seen Shane do some crazy stuff, leaping off everything from ring posts to the top of a stage, he has a good character on tv, and has a good fan base (when not on tv weekly).

#3 2021-03-19 13:20:22

Y2JFanatic

Shadow409 wrote:
Y2JFanatic wrote:

Lets see:

- Backstage producer
- Ran WWE.com website

Okay, first off, Vincent Kennedy McMahon IS NOT in the WWE Hall of Fame. His father Vincent J. McMahon was inducted by Shane in the mid-90s, but Shane's Dad and current Owner/CEO of WWE is not in the Hall.

Now onto is Shane worthy of the Hall of Fame? Sure, why not? People that have done half as much are in there, so I'm sure Shane will go in at some point, but that is a sticky spot for WWE and the McMahons. There will plenty of people that will claim they are only there because of their last name, and they don't deserve it. Shane has a great list of accomplishments as you stated, but again, people will still think it's because of his name. I've seen Shane do some crazy stuff, leaping off everything from ring posts to the top of a
stage, he has a good character on tv, and has a good fan base (when not on tv weekly).

You're right, my bad. I should have looked at the Hall of Fame inductees list before posting this. Vincent K. not in the Hall of Fame yet. Vince should be in there as well but maybe while not working for the company still. Maybe when Vincent K. leaves the business for good or passes on, he'll get in there but not as of this time.

If anything, Shane should definitely get in there before Vince K., though.

#4 2021-03-19 17:12:09

HC13 Aries Styles

No and No and Not anytime soon.... Maybe if we want we can talk about this in another year or 5 years or 10 years from now...

#5 2021-03-19 18:45:16

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

One day, but I suspect not anytime soon.

All the McMahon's will be in there one day, and Triple H but I suspect they don't want that spotlight on them just yet.

#6 2021-03-19 21:56:33

Blazaholic

Vince will probably get in posthumously. I can't imagine him wanting to be in while he's alive. I could see Shane and Steph getting in while they're alive, but not anytime soon. Shane if or when he steps away again, or for good. It just doesn't seem like a good look to induct the people in charge of the company.

Board footer