You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-13 11:17:54

HC13 Aries Styles

Maybe Revolution changed the Landscape of AEW here’s why!?

Looking at this past weeks AEW Dynamite, it seems Revolution will the the show/PPV that changes things up... Here some noticeable changes most will notice.. 

1- The World Title picture- Moxley is out someone different is in (Christian Cage)..   Looks like they going pair Jon Moxley with Eddie Kingston for while, don't know how long, and what the goal, maybe possible World tag title run??  I only wonder how long will such a run last 6 months, maybe the whole year??   Then besides Christian Cage maybe keep in mind the top 5 contenders, got Darby Allin as TNT champion for now and could see him facing Kenny Omega sometime down the road before Double or Nothing or such, also got 3 others who is undefeated in 2021 so far, PAC, Hangman Page (which I think a rematch with him and Omega will happen before 2021 is over),  then Miro...

2-New Factions and old factions and stables...  Since AEW begun we had the Inner Circle, the Dark Order, the Elite, the Nightmare Family, Death Triangle was formed since as well as in 2020 too Team Taz...  Looking like we going see a new force in AEW in the group that MJF formed with FTR, Shawn Spears, Wardlow, and Tully Blanchard, time will only tell what their potential is??   We have Matt Hardy forming his own group or stable of men along with Private Party, looking like maybe the Butcher and Blade will join him.. 

3- The Women Division is beginning to shine- With the Showcase International main event at Revolution 2021 with Shida and Ryo Mizunami...  Then have to mention the International all star Buy in with Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. and Maki Itoh (with Rebel) taking on Riho and Thunder Rosa, then the news of next weeks Main Event will be Thunder Rosa vs Dr Britt Baker the first time in AEW history women will main event...  Then looking at the rest of the division we have Red Velvet who is coming out as one to watch...  Tay Conti time will only tell how far she will go, Anna Jay though she is out with injury same applies- also though I like them much better as duo Anna and Tay....  Jade Cargill, who had lots of nay-sayers, saying she would flop, I think otherwise after she showing what she can do in the mix tag match her and Shaq won against Cody and Red Velvet..   The international stars Rhio, Ryo Mizunami, Maki Itoh... Then can't go without mentioning Ivielisse and Diamante, I only got wonder if this year AEW will start a Women's Tag division later this year???

4- Then the tag team division- probably the best tag team and most stacked tag division in Wrestling ever???   First to notice the 360 they change up the Death Triangle tag team to PAC and Rey Fenix, and having Penta go into a single run, I think that interesting giving they are #1 contenders and the history the Lucha Brothers have with the Young Bucks...  Next FTR, will their stable they a part of  help boost them for another tag title run, time will only tell??  Then Santana and Ortiz through much of 2020 they seem loss in the pack and didn't really contend for the titles, but I think if anyone deserves a run it them two...   Also we have other teams a SCU and Jurassic Express both with undefeated ranks in 2021...

5- Next the TNT title and Darby Allin, only have to think he have several contenders for the belt that can and could and very well likely will be champion sometime this year...  Ricky Starks, so much promise, so much talent...  Miro the brute the monster, only a matter of time before he is holding title gold could be the TNT title??  Lance Archer,  same applies kinda surprise he isn't a champion already in AEW... Scorpio Sky, looking like we might see a different side from him going forward, and also should be champion sometime soon..

6- Lastly AEW Dark, AEW Dark Elevation- and AEW expanding their shows and TV time...   I take it later this summer AEW will debut their new TV show on TNT/TBS one or the other, I thinking they waiting til they can have  more fans in attendance??  Then the AEW Dark brand, that showcases lower and mid-card guys, and women, I enjoy AEW Dark myself as it have introduce many guys I may never have know of..   Looking forward to AEW growing more throughout 2021...

So what are your thoughts here of AEW in 2021???

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-03-13 12:46:20)

#2 2021-03-13 12:33:58

RyanP

Re: Maybe Revolution changed the Landscape of AEW here’s why!?

While I think AEW is on the right track I do think there are a few concerns. The first being that after that botched PPV ending there were about 190,000 less viewers than there was the week before let’s hope that doesn’t continue. The second is Christian Cage coming in an immediately challenging Kenny Omega for the world title. Fans tend to take an issue with recently signed wrestlers especially older ones that join a new promotion and are immediately put in a world title feud. I mean we’ve all seen the criticism WWE has gotten for pushing there older stars that are part timers ahead of the younger stars that are there all the time. Another concern is the number of ex wwe guys they’ve signed so far. The reason I see this as a concern is that when AEW came into existence they said they were going to be an alternative to WWE by being more about the wrestling and less about the entertainment and that they weren’t going to sign a lot of ex wwe guys. Ask yourself if they’ve lived up to that statement or not. AEW has a lot of positives and potential but I also think that they are at a crossroads right now. The botched PPV ending and the over hyped signing of Christian has lead at least in my opinion to a lot more criticism from their own fans than they are used to receiving. I hope they succeed because AEW’s success is good for the wrestling business and I think that’s what true wrestling fans of all promotions want to see is the success of the wrestling business.

#3 2021-03-13 12:52:15

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:

While I think AEW is on the right track I do think there are a few concerns. The first being that after that botched PPV ending there were about 190,000 less viewers than there was the week before let’s hope that doesn’t continue. The second is Christian Cage coming in an immediately challenging Kenny Omega for the world title. Fans tend to take an issue with recently signed wrestlers especially older ones that join a new promotion and are immediately put in a world title feud. I mean we’ve all seen the criticism WWE has gotten for pushing there older stars that are part timers ahead of the younger stars that are there all the time. Another concern is the number of ex wwe guys they’ve signed so far. The reason I see this as a concern is that when AEW came into existence they said they were going to be an alternative to WWE by being more about the wrestling and less about the entertainment and that they weren’t going to sign a lot of ex wwe guys. Ask yourself if they’ve lived up to that statement or not. AEW has a lot of positives and potential but I also think that they are at a crossroads right now. The botched PPV ending and the over hyped signing of Christian has lead at least in my opinion to a lot more criticism from their own fans than they are used to receiving. I hope they succeed because AEW’s success is good for the wrestling business and I think that’s what true wrestling fans of all promotions want to see is the success of the wrestling business.

I think it should be mentioned that both most of Wrestling this week was  going head to head with Conference  Tournaments, I expect with the NCAA Basketball tourney starting this week wrestling will suffer with loss viewers...

#4 2021-03-15 14:03:26

ilyem

RyanP wrote:

I've had conversations with you on the majority of your points before. There has been no full announcement that Christian is the next to challenge Kenny for the title, they had a 'moment', which Kenny also had with Eddie and Mox within five minutes of each other. I am not sure if it means that they are gonna have Christian be the next to challenge Kenny, it doesn't surprise me if it does go that way, and if it does, that is a bridge to cross once it gets there, also it's a way to draw viewers in, Christian, a guy who a lot of people have wanted to be more appreciated for years comes in and gets treated like the big deal he should be. I don't see many fans complaining on a possible match between Omega/Christian, so that just kind of seems like a nitpicky issue. I also don't think Christian's signing was overhyped, he is a HOF worthy talent who was backseated for Edge, a lot of people are excited to see what they do.

Also, WWE is known for hoarding a good portion of talent, again, if you aren't going a sign a perfectly good wrestler just because they are from WWE, that is not a good reason, this goes for Christian who is not only former WWE, but also all other former WWE signings. People need to stop focusing so much on that, eventually there will come a point where WWE signs a former AEW talent or talent that often appeared on AEW just as they've done  with TNA over the years. Please also remember there is very little 'homegrown' talent in WWE these days, a major part of their roster got their starts elsewhere, just like with AEW. A wrestler shouldn't not get signed because they left WWE.

The botched ending probably soured a lot of people on it and they weren't as intent on tuning in. Once NXT moves to Tuesday nights we'll see where both shows truly lie on that scale.

Mission statements change, business change, they are still in their infancy, ideas change and things differ down the way. I'm well aware the product is not perfect, but it's something enjoyable for me and I do my best to separate it from WWE and vice versa.

All these points you've made before and no matter what anyone says you continue on with these same things, it's word vomit at this point. I get you want people to fall in line behind you and agree with everything you say but again, everything you have said is a reiteration of things you've said in countless other threads with a sprinkling of new information that you are trying to use to combat any success AEW has. It's true they are at a crossroads when the botched ending happened, I and everyone can admit that, however they handled it the best they could with what they had and it's not gonna be something that causes me to all of a sudden give up on the show and honestly, last weeks show was fantastic, it set up for further story lines and I am looking forward to the future.

My point is, engaging with you is incredibly hard, you've made it clear that AEW isn't the product for you, so my confusion is why you focus so hard on it?

#5 2021-03-18 13:58:59

WNSYeti
#FreeFigFriday
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Its cool to see a solid foundation being constructed in company history with a legitimate thought process and storytelling ability in the matches that matter and doing the best they can for the ones that are forgettable.

Irish Whip Podcast COO / Talent Relations
Wrestling News Source Contributor
Head Agitator - WNS Forums - WATCH LIVE as we record our podcast with Giveaways and Prizes each and every week.  Follow us @3irishboyz on Twitter and LIVE at 705PMEST Every Friday: facebook.com/3irishboyz

Board footer