You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-05 06:41:32

AdyFB

Who’s the Hall Of Fame worthy signing?

Who do you guys think is the Hall Of Fame worthy star that has signed for AEW? I think it’s either Rob Van Dam or wait for it…… The Undertaker, let me try and explain, recently The Undertaker has recently retired (but do you really think he 100% retired?) he’s been critical of WWE lately and he says the current crop of WWE stars are soft, also he’s very much a Hall Of Fame worthy star. Who do you think it is?

#2 2021-03-05 09:00:57

Enziguri

Re: Who’s the Hall Of Fame worthy signing?

Sounds crazy, and I never thought I'd say this, but I think John Cena could be a possibility.

Brock Lesnar, maybe? He goes where the money goes.

CM Punk seems the obvious choice, but I don't think its him.

Either way, I'm extremely interested, and that's coming from someone who doesn't watch AEW's weekly show.

#3 2021-03-05 10:22:46

HC13 Aries Styles

I going say Brock Lesnar is the front runner,  but then again CM Punk a close 2nd in who it may be???
Don't think it's the Undertaker due to his relationship with Vince  besides according to most reports he signed to the WWE til 2034...  John Cena, it would be a shocker, but I think he's very loyal to WWE and the McMahon family...

It could be a handful of guys Scott Steiner, some one from New Japan fame- Jay White,  even maybe Carlito, Austin Aries, besides the two names I mentioned earlier....  One thing I thinking it will be someone  Paul Wight former the Big Show have worked with in the pass in the WWE...

#4 2021-03-05 16:04:58

Aj29051994

I have had the same names run through my head at least once that you all have, one additional name that I have had cross my mind is Kurt Angle, just down to the fact that he has been talking a lot in the media as of late and would definitely meet the announcement of a “Hall of Fame worthy signing”.

#5 2021-03-05 16:49:25

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

I would be extremely shocked if John Cena jumped ship given his WWE loyalty and closeness with Vince McMahon and family. I would put money on it not being him. Lesnar on the other hand, money talks to him, and if AEW have offered him an insane amount of money I could see him making the jump for a short period.

The fact they are "worthy" rules out all current WWE Hall Of Famers right?

#6 2021-03-05 21:11:49

Montana Max

I think it will be the Paul Wight himself. If not, then it will be someone that has to make sense for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match since there is still one more spot left.

#7 2021-03-05 22:53:55

xFilmXfreakx

He said HOF worthy, not HOFer so I'm thinking RVD

Last edited by xFilmXfreakx (2021-03-05 22:54:40)

#8 2021-03-06 00:29:49

HC13 Aries Styles

Montana Max wrote:

I think it will be the Paul Wight himself. If not, then it will be someone that has to make sense for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match since there is still one more spot left.

Tony Kahn said the person in the Face of the Revolution Ladder match isn't the surprise...  Take it that we will get two debuts in one PPV.... 
Next if it not Lesnar, CM Punk,  Kurt Angle, Booker T,  Scott Steiner,  RVD,  or any other guy that one could call a future  Hall of Famer.... What if it someone with a MMA background????

#9 2021-03-07 13:04:45

RyanP

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
Montana Max wrote:

Tony Kahn said the person in the Face of the Revolution Ladder match isn't the surprise...  Take it that we will get two debuts in one PPV.... 
Next if it not Lesnar, CM Punk,  Kurt Angle, Booker T,  Scott Steiner,  RVD,  or any other guy that one could call a future  Hall of Famer.... What if it someone with a MMA background????

While it is interesting to speculate who this signing might be it is also worth noting that all the hype this announcement is getting could backfire on them if nots one of the top guys listed on here like Lesnar,Punk,or Angle. Don’t forget what happened when Khan hyped up an announcement that was supposed to be “landscape altering” in professional wrestling and in the end it ended up being Shaq appearing/competing on Dynamite he received a lot of backlash on Twitter for that. I think it could be a good signing for them but I also think that the huge hype this signing is receiving could backfire on them if it’s not a big name like Lesnar,Punk or Angle. On a side note. Scott Steiner? Really? If your goal is to sign the most bitter ex WWE guy on the planet and take more shots at WWE then Steiner is your guy but otherwise I think he would be more of a hassle than what he’s worth in my opinion.

#10 2021-03-07 14:08:04

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
Montana Max wrote:

While it is interesting to speculate who this signing might be it is also worth noting that all the hype this announcement is getting could backfire on them if nots one of the top guys listed on here like Lesnar,Punk,or Angle. Don’t forget what happened when Khan hyped up an announcement that was supposed to be “landscape altering” in professional wrestling and in the end it ended up being Shaq appearing/competing on Dynamite he received a lot of backlash on Twitter for that. I think it could be a good signing for them but I also think that the huge hype this signing is receiving could backfire on them if it’s not a big name like Lesnar,Punk or Angle. On a side note. Scott Steiner? Really? If your goal is to sign the most bitter ex WWE guy on the planet and take more shots at WWE then Steiner is your guy but otherwise I think he would be more of a hassle than what he’s worth in my opinion.

So far all their announcements have worked for them, expanding their rating lead...  Only thing after this announcement, time will tell esp this Wednesday night viewership will tell  the whole story...

#11 2021-03-07 14:37:00

Tommy

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
Montana Max wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. What if it is a MMA guy and not an actual wrestler? I'm going out on a limb here and saying it'll be Henry Cejudo. The guy was always destined to get into pro wrestling at some point. He even had a WWE contract offer but instead decided to pursue MMA and has always said he's open to doing wrestling after his MMA career. He retired a double champ in the UFC and is without a doubt hall of fame worthy in MMA.

Board footer