You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-01 19:11:10

Ari

WWE should use original music for their shows

WWE has used some catchy, but embarrassing music---considering the context---for some of their events over the years.

2015 summerslam's theme, for example, was a song about sex. wrestlemania 36's theme was about love, and this year's wrestlemania theme is about a broken heart from fallen relationships.

people complain that WWE doesn't play rock music for their shows anymore, but i think the real problem is that the music is too irrelevant these days, and sometimes, just plain inappropriate.

the main problem is, they won't have some of the mainstream attention from using popular music if they rely on original music, and WWE isn't popular enough to convince people to flock on over to listen to their stuff

#2 2021-03-02 00:54:34

GoodOldPapa

Re: WWE should use original music for their shows

About 90% of WWE's music they use for PPVs comes from musicians that almost no one has ever heard of.  I guess WWE thinks if the musicians get the rub from them, everyone wins, as in the brand is the thing.

#3 2021-03-02 01:57:28

HC13 Aries Styles

Actually Summer Slam 2015 had two theme songs.    I think they tend to mix it up from time to time depend on location, theme and such as.... They had AC DC song Shut in the Dark for Survivor Series 2020...   Then depending on the show they tend to use bigger artists such as AC DC, the Weekend,  Hardy, the list varies..... Some been around for years some a short time or someone popular at the time...

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-03-02 10:16:12)

#4 2021-03-04 03:59:59

Blazaholic

I liked this years Chamber theme, but there are a lot of misses. Not sure what goes into their selection process, but when you consider it's probably just a lot of old people trying to play something they think the kids consider 'hip' it makes sense why we get what we get for theme songs.

#5 2021-03-04 10:49:22

Y2JFanatic

Jim Johnston used to write all the music for all the PPVs and RAW/SD in the old days but things changed once Stephanie and Triple H got on board to be Vince's second boss. I'm sure it was Steph's and HHH's idea to start playing songs by other bands & artists. I'm sure Vince himself picks some songs for the shows but Steph and HHH picks all the songs I'm sure since they seem to be big music lovers.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2021-03-04 10:50:26)

#6 2021-03-04 14:07:39

HC13 Aries Styles

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Jim Johnston used to write all the music for all the PPVs and RAW/SD in the old days but things changed once Stephanie and Triple H got on board to be Vince's second boss. I'm sure it was Steph's and HHH's idea to start playing songs by other bands & artists. I'm sure Vince himself picks some songs for the shows but Steph and HHH picks all the songs I'm sure since they seem to be big music lovers.

Maybe it Vince that picks out the songs or artists, but with the help and Stephanie and HHH, esp if most who say Vince is out of touch of reality, sports, music, movies and etc...

Board footer