You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-22 10:48:24

GoodOldPapa

Your Choice For Champion

Congratulation to the Miz for successfully cashing in last night at the Elimination Chamber PPV.  Over in the regular forum, there's been a lot of back and forth on it.  That being said, my question here is simple.  If you had to choose 1 person over the period of WrestleMania to SummerSlam to be the champion (WWE or Universal), who would it be?

#2 2021-02-22 11:14:19

RyanP

Re: Your Choice For Champion

If it were my call I would have Lashley win the WWE title at WM by submission over the Miz in a fatal 4 way that includes McIntyre and Sheamus. Then I would have him beat McIntyre and Miz in singles matches with interference from Sheamus and John Morrison. That way you can keep a feud going between Sheamus and McIntyre and renew an old feud from the end of Morrison’s first WWE run when Miz attacked him. Then have him run thru the roster until Summerslam where he issues an open challenge and would face a returning Brock Lesnar. Then have him beat Lesnar with Lesnar attacking him after the match opening the door for a MITB briefcase cash in from a babyface Damian Priest. What do you think of my ideas?

#3 2021-02-22 11:48:24

ilyem

I don't have a giant dog in this fight, I'm not Lashley's biggest fan, I wouldn't mind him as champion, but I don't think having him hold it from WM to SummerSlam would be super interesting to me.

It's not the most popular opinion, but I would prefer Sheamus to win at WM and have the decent run of the title to continue the Drew/Sheamus feud that was started and have a good back and forth where Sheamus comes out on top and Drew eventually regains the title from him or a cash in from a MITB winner, preferably either a new roster guy like Damian Priest or an NXT call up to build up another superstar for the main event picture.

#4 2021-02-23 10:35:15

GoodOldPapa

At this moment they seem to be leaning toward a push for Lashley.  There is no right or wrong answer for this question, just curious as who you would like to see WWE commit to for longer than a cup of coffee.  I just suggested WrestleMania to SummerSlam as a general guideline, because more than likely you'll know in 3-4 months time whether you wanna go with that person long term or not.

#5 2021-02-23 12:23:13

Y2JFanatic

I'd like Braun Strowman to win a major title run in the future but he keeps getting screwed over... uggghhhh...

#6 2021-02-23 13:17:17

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

I actually like The Miz is champion, he deserves a long run with it.

I also would like Rollins to have another run.

#7 2021-02-23 15:37:59

RyanP

GoodOldPapa wrote:

At this moment they seem to be leaning toward a push for Lashley.  There is no right or wrong answer for this question, just curious as who you would like to see WWE commit to for longer than a cup of coffee.  I just suggested WrestleMania to SummerSlam as a general guideline, because more than likely you'll know in 3-4 months time whether you wanna go with that person long term or not.

Like I said before I think Lashley as WWE champ is the way to go. As far as WWE committing to somebody longer than a cup of coffee that’s just as much on the fans as it is WWE themselves. When the fans constantly change their minds about who they want as champ it makes it hard for WWE to commit long term to one man as champion.

#8 2021-02-23 19:15:14

GoodOldPapa

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I'd like Braun Strowman to win a major title run in the future but he keeps getting screwed over... uggghhhh...

Ive noticed that with Braun as well.  They'll push him hard then all of a sudden slam on the brakes so to speak, then he's off TV for a period of time, comes back, rinse and repeat.  I personally hope at some point Cesaro gets a chance to run with the ball so to speak.

#9 2021-02-23 20:13:47

Y2JFanatic

GoodOldPapa wrote:
Y2JFanatic wrote:

Ive noticed that with Braun as well.  They'll push him hard then all of a sudden slam on the brakes so to speak, then he's off TV for a period of time, comes back, rinse and repeat.  I personally hope at some point Cesaro gets a chance to run with the ball so to speak.

Yeah, Braun is a big man wrestler but he's actually one of the very few big men wrestlers who is actually talented. Braun has it all. Great mic work and he's a great wrestler too. His cardio is amazing for a big guy in the ring, he's fast. I've always enjoyed watching Braun and he does heel and babyface both really well too. He definitely deserves a title run someday.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2021-02-23 20:14:52)

#10 2021-02-26 04:43:29

Blazaholic

I still want to see Shinsuke Nakamura get a long run with it. Cesaro eventually turning on him just in time for your main event at Summerslam.

Board footer