You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-22 20:38:36

HC13 Aries Styles

The Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch at AEW 2021 Revolution

So last Wednesday night after the end of the Main event on Dynamite it was announced  that Kenny Omega will defend the AEW World title against Jon Moxley in a Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch... 
My thoughts so far, looking forward to it, but not sure this will be what will end this blood feud??  I think this a first for a major promotion to hold such a match on PPV- I think maybe ECW may have done such back in day??  I think eventually months down the road they may  do a Cage match  either at Double or Nothing or All Out?? 
Anyhow also seen praises from one of the many legends Terry Funk who had a his share of such matches with Cactus Jack/Mick Foley on twitter - The tweet reads, “Just talked to Mr. Funk & he’s doing okay. He just wanted to wish @JonMoxley & @KennyOmegamanX the best of luck in their exploding barbed wire match. He says the match is a good way for
@aew to wake up Vince with a good kick in his ass. He wants you to know he’s pulling for you!”

What are your thoughts here???

#2 2021-02-23 13:15:24

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: The Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch at AEW 2021 Revolution

Given its PPV and Moxley it could get pretty brutal.

I'm intrigued how it will come off, and the reaction to it. 2021 audiences are not exposed to these types of matches like they were in the 90s.

#3 2021-02-23 20:34:35

Montana Max

Re: The Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch at AEW 2021 Revolution

Looking forward to the match as well as the event altogether. I feel like AEW has played a big hand in breathing life back into wrestling.  I also like the fact that they are doing this kind of match and with Moxley involved I know it will be done right. I don't think it will wake Vince up, but alot of eyes will be on that match that's for sure.

Board footer