You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-21 15:54:23

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW Special Events how they should make them different

AEW Special Events how they should make them different from regular Dynamites....
I have talked about it before when they have "Special Theme Events" they really need more time... Maybe a extra 10 minutes, maybe a extra 15 maybe  and extra half hour????  Lots of the AEW shows I will critic here are packed from start to finish... But with extra time they might can allow and spread things out more .... 
Make the Special theme shows feel like a Clash of Champions, or such, just my opinion, what do y'all think???

#2 2021-01-23 10:26:50

HeelKing

Re: AEW Special Events how they should make them different

To me they key is to give them themes, heavily invest in different set styles and promote them weeks in advance. I like the idea you have of letting them have overrun, but that requires getting the network to bump other things back. I'm not sure how easy that is? Not very, I'd imagine. So I was just thinking along the lines of things that may make them stand out.

For instance, like Beach Break- why not cover the ramp and the stage with sand or something? Maybe put a lifeguard tower on the side of the entrance? They could choreograph a few special entrances. They're little things, but I think they'd give it a different feel.

#3 2021-01-23 14:42:38

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: AEW Special Events how they should make them different

HeelKing wrote:

To me they key is to give them themes, heavily invest in different set styles and promote them weeks in advance. I like the idea you have of letting them have overrun, but that requires getting the network to bump other things back. I'm not sure how easy that is? Not very, I'd imagine. So I was just thinking along the lines of things that may make them stand out.

For instance, like Beach Break- why not cover the ramp and the stage with sand or something? Maybe put a lifeguard tower on the side of the entrance? They could choreograph a few special entrances. They're little things, but I think they'd give it a different feel.

Like I have said before I think most of the Special theme shows will be expanded into seperate monthly specials much the way Clash of the Champions was for the NWA/WCW in the 80s and 90s, or Saturday Night Main Event was for the WWF/WWE... Could see them air such special on another night, Saturday as they did in past be it on TNT or on YouTube or BR Live??

Board footer