You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-19 00:52:16

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 481

Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

Since right now most NWA sanction  shows are on hold, and the NWA women's champion Serena Deeb is wrestling and former NWA womens champion Thunder Rosa are also part of the AEW Women's division...  What the possibility of seeing the title change hand be it on Dynamite or a AEW PPV, be it Thunder Rosa winning the title back or say Dr Britt Baker winning the title??
What do y'all think, will we see a title change in and on AEW programming???

Offline

#2 2021-01-19 03:58:15

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

I’m sure we’ll see it change hands again, I just think for the time being they are keeping it on Serena.

And god I hope Britt doesn’t get it, I’m a fan of AEW but their women’s roster needs a lot of work and for all the stock they put into Britt really doesn’t work out. She’s improved on the mic but she’s still not a very good wrestler and still needs a lot of work.

Offline

#3 2021-01-20 00:26:55

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

At some point, yeah, I think we'll see it. Serena really hasn't had it that long, though. Serena's also a great wrestler who deserves a good run.

I don't think they should put the title on Britt. Britt is a fantastic character, and she's grown a lot. I think she'll become someone they can put the title on one day and she'll be able to carry a division. I don't think she's there yet, though.

If I were going to put it on an AEW female, I'd put it on Penelope Ford. I feel like she's vastly underutilized. She had a great match with Shida, but they sorta pulled back on her after for some reason? It feels that way, at least.

Offline

#4 2021-01-20 01:24:11

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

HeelKing wrote:

At some point, yeah, I think we'll see it. Serena really hasn't had it that long, though. Serena's also a great wrestler who deserves a good run.

I don't think they should put the title on Britt. Britt is a fantastic character, and she's grown a lot. I think she'll become someone they can put the title on one day and she'll be able to carry a division. I don't think she's there yet, though.

If I were going to put it on an AEW female, I'd put it on Penelope Ford. I feel like she's vastly underutilized. She had a great match with Shida, but they sorta pulled back on her after for some reason? It feels that way, at least.

Unfortunately the AEW women’s roster has become 2010 WWE where the women aren’t treated like they should be. Penelope has been arm candy for Kip since the start, I’m hoping they are start using her again as she’s got potential.

Kris Statlander is due to be back soon, I believe she said there’s a possibility of her being ready by the PPV in February. I could see her holding either title, Anna Jay as well, I believe she’ll get a bigger push solely on the fact of the popularity of the DO especially now that Brodie is gone.

My feelings on Britt haven’t changed. I don’t see her as that great of a character and her wrestling is subpar and I agree she is not ready for a title yet. I feel like she’s being forced on us like the Bella’s were when they returned and both were in relationships with top talent. I’d probably like her more if she wasn’t so constantly forced. They gave her more air time when she was injured than actual matches so I feel once they stop putting all their eggs in the BB basket and start even again there will be an improvement. Hopefully.

Offline

#5 2021-01-20 14:35:53

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 481

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

ilyem wrote:
HeelKing wrote:

At some point, yeah, I think we'll see it. Serena really hasn't had it that long, though. Serena's also a great wrestler who deserves a good run.

I don't think they should put the title on Britt. Britt is a fantastic character, and she's grown a lot. I think she'll become someone they can put the title on one day and she'll be able to carry a division. I don't think she's there yet, though.

If I were going to put it on an AEW female, I'd put it on Penelope Ford. I feel like she's vastly underutilized. She had a great match with Shida, but they sorta pulled back on her after for some reason? It feels that way, at least.

Unfortunately the AEW women’s roster has become 2010 WWE where the women aren’t treated like they should be. Penelope has been arm candy for Kip since the start, I’m hoping they are start using her again as she’s got potential.

Kris Statlander is due to be back soon, I believe she said there’s a possibility of her being ready by the PPV in February. I could see her holding either title, Anna Jay as well, I believe she’ll get a bigger push solely on the fact of the popularity of the DO especially now that Brodie is gone.

My feelings on Britt haven’t changed. I don’t see her as that great of a character and her wrestling is subpar and I agree she is not ready for a title yet. I feel like she’s being forced on us like the Bella’s were when they returned and both were in relationships with top talent. I’d probably like her more if she wasn’t so constantly forced. They gave her more air time when she was injured than actual matches so I feel once they stop putting all their eggs in the BB basket and start even again there will be an improvement. Hopefully.

Kinda disagree, cause you have to look at the factors of the AEW Women division.... They only limited in time on TV with only 2 hours...    But they seem to have 2 or 3 storylines involving and most AEW Womens  title matches... They give the women just about as much time for a match as the men  10-15 minutes...  Also take in consideration half of their Youtube show AEW Dark feature 3-4 maybe 5 women matches a week...

One thing I would say they need to create more of a difference in some of the women as to rather they are heels or faces...  I think it comes down to creating star and diversing  the roster more through 2021....

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-01-20 14:43:46)

Offline

#6 2021-01-20 19:42:21

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
ilyem wrote:
HeelKing wrote:

At some point, yeah, I think we'll see it. Serena really hasn't had it that long, though. Serena's also a great wrestler who deserves a good run.

I don't think they should put the title on Britt. Britt is a fantastic character, and she's grown a lot. I think she'll become someone they can put the title on one day and she'll be able to carry a division. I don't think she's there yet, though.

If I were going to put it on an AEW female, I'd put it on Penelope Ford. I feel like she's vastly underutilized. She had a great match with Shida, but they sorta pulled back on her after for some reason? It feels that way, at least.

Unfortunately the AEW women’s roster has become 2010 WWE where the women aren’t treated like they should be. Penelope has been arm candy for Kip since the start, I’m hoping they are start using her again as she’s got potential.

Kris Statlander is due to be back soon, I believe she said there’s a possibility of her being ready by the PPV in February. I could see her holding either title, Anna Jay as well, I believe she’ll get a bigger push solely on the fact of the popularity of the DO especially now that Brodie is gone.

My feelings on Britt haven’t changed. I don’t see her as that great of a character and her wrestling is subpar and I agree she is not ready for a title yet. I feel like she’s being forced on us like the Bella’s were when they returned and both were in relationships with top talent. I’d probably like her more if she wasn’t so constantly forced. They gave her more air time when she was injured than actual matches so I feel once they stop putting all their eggs in the BB basket and start even again there will be an improvement. Hopefully.

Kinda disagree, cause you have to look at the factors of the AEW Women division.... They only limited in time on TV with only 2 hours...    But they seem to have 2 or 3 storylines involving and most AEW Womens  title matches... They give the women just about as much time for a match as the men  10-15 minutes...  Also take in consideration half of their Youtube show AEW Dark feature 3-4 maybe 5 women matches a week...

One thing I would say they need to create more of a difference in some of the women as to rather they are heels or faces...  I think it comes down to creating star and diversing  the roster more through 2021....


Perfectly fine for you to disagree I am just going off the feelings of me and people I’ve seen. I still do feel like the focus too hard on Britt and I definitely don’t agree on the time women are given vs the time men are given because that simply isn’t true. The women’s division is one of the biggest things AEW is critiqued on because of the fact they don’t give equal time. Britt was given the majority of female screen time this past summer and she was injured the majority of it. Dark features women way more which is great but you see the same four cycle on to the main show each week and they’ll bring in the women that are mostly on dark to job out. Either way they need to work on it a lot more this year because as much as I love Shida, no one really talks about her championship much, and how she’s had the title for as long as she has.

I have hope but I am not very happy with how they are treated right now.

Offline

#7 2021-01-20 21:55:17

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 481

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

Well they promoting a tournament  for a shot at the AEW Women's title maybe it will open some eyes??

I just think right now they still trying to establish the division more and grow.... Again I think most of the struggle is only having 10 to 15 minutes to work with on Dynamite to week and then feature other stars and stories...

Offline

#8 2021-01-23 10:39:02

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: Will we ever see the NWA Women's title change hands in AEW?

In fairness, I think it has to be acknowledged that the pandemic probably hurt their women's division some in the early going. They really didn't have access to Bea or Rhio like they probably originally thought they would. So out of the gate it was just sorta Nyla, Baker and Shida early on. Penelope stepped up big against Shida, but I think they also use her with Kip to help Sabian draw heat.

This year will be a big year for them, though. They've got Deeb, Ivilesse, Diamante and Thunder Rosa now. They could cycle in some of the talented women from Impact, I'm sure. I don't think they did an awful job last year, and the division has seen a lot of growth. I do think it's important they branch out and feature some other women though to keep the division fresh. I like Shida, but I also think it may be nearing time to switch the title and put her back in chase mode for a fresh story.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer