You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-15 23:31:07

HC13 Aries Styles

Eddie Kingston the most liked Heel

I know lots of heels get the cheers of the crowd and respect of the crowd....
But, I think Eddie Kingston is one of the most liked and respected Heels....   With AEW limited fans the past few months, when Eddie talks they tend to cheer him and they also will boo him....   I also think Eddie can and could be a bigger star with that kind of following, esp as well move out of the pandemic later this year....   What do y'all think about Eddie Kingston and the love-hate relationship he has with the AEW fans????

#2 2021-01-16 09:06:39

Aj29051994

Re: Eddie Kingston the most liked Heel

I do not dispute what you are saying, Eddie Kingston does get reaction from the fans, whether it’s cheers or boos, currently at the moment, I do not feel Eddie will reach the top, I reckon he will get a TNT championship run, but do not think he will get a World championship run. I am not saying he cannot eventually change my opinion and get a World championship run, but I just do not feel he is at that level yet, nor will he be at that level during this year. Just my opinion though.

#3 2021-01-16 11:08:05

HeelKing

I 100% agree with you. They're going to have an interesting challenge on their hands if they intend to keep him as a heel. They won't be able to book him against babyfaces that aren't over strongly enough because I think the crowd would side with Eddie. He has a cool factor to him, and he's very authentic as a character. Credit to Kingston though because he's kept that from happening so far. Working against Mox in his highest profile feud so far probably also helped.

I'm not so sure he doesn't get at least one World Title run? With a lot of young up and comers on the roster, I can't see him having multiple. If he gets one though, and is always a guy who can step in and serve as a credible challenger either as a face or a heel- I mean it'd be hard not to say he wouldn't be one of the bigger stars they currently have, right?

#4 2021-01-16 13:31:56

Aj29051994

I think at the moment AEW do have a substantial problem with that, looking at the top echelons of the company, what big faces have they got that are not already in a storyline? The only one that I feel is a big face in AEW who is not in what I would call a really relevant storyline is Cody. Looking firstly at the Rankings, three out the five are Heels, then the champion Kenny is also a heel. Then look at his current feud, is PAC a face or heel, is Lance Archer a face or a heel? They still act as though they are heels and enter and exit from the heel tunnel instead of the face tunnel. However if they are being classed as faces, are they credible faces for Eddie? I would lean towards more towards a no than a yes.

Eddie is a credible challenger, he was in the Moxley feud, I’m not sure if AEW will pull the trigger with him and let him have a World championship run. I’m not 100% sold on Eddie myself, but who knows in a few months time my opinion could change, I might be sold on him and calling for him to have at least one World championship run.

Board footer