You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-06 21:55:21

Ari

The next big names to appear in AEW

There isn't going to be any explanation for this concept from me. Just throwing names:

I'm predicting Booker T and Jeff Jarrett

#2 2020-12-07 08:57:14

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: The next big names to appear in AEW

I highly doubt Booker T lol. He's a lock with WWE for some time, Jeff Jarrett also works a lot with WWE backstage, so hmm lol

#3 2020-12-07 12:11:50

Ari

Ben Kerin wrote:

I highly doubt Booker T lol. He's a lock with WWE for some time, Jeff Jarrett also works a lot with WWE backstage, so hmm lol

Ohhhh

#4 2020-12-07 12:17:56

HC13 Aries Styles

I doubt either will show up anytime soon.....  Booker T maybe more likely, Double J not so much.... Though never say never...

A few people I wouldn't be surprise, though don't know or how active they will be Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall....
But my big hope to see Tessa Blanchard (which they saying they not talking to her), the Guerrillas of Destiny Tama Tonga and Tanga  Loa, and their baby brother Hikuleo (who I think will be one to watch in the next few years)...

#5 2020-12-07 12:51:26

ilyem

If we're talking bigger names, I could see Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan[creative over wrestling], Jeff Hardy[aware he recently resigned but in the future], possibly CM Punk if he gets over himself, but WWE is also a possibility for him too.

I could see some of the lesser used female talent switching over to AEW or even Impact.

#6 2020-12-07 13:18:38

RyanP

Everyone that has been mentioned on here is a possibility but I think the real question in regards to AEW signing the next big names isn’t who is the next big name but do they anymore big names. You keep signing big names and your younger OG’s are going to get pushed to the side in favor of nostalgia. Sorry if that’s a bit off topic but to answer your question I think Scott Steiner is a possibility but when it comes to Steiner they’re going to have ask themselves if they want another bitter ex wwe superstar who is going to take more shots at WWE then the rest of them combined.

#7 2020-12-07 13:22:43

RyanP

ilyem wrote:

If we're talking bigger names, I could see Mick Foley, Daniel Bryan[creative over wrestling], Jeff Hardy[aware he recently resigned but in the future], possibly CM Punk if he gets over himself, but WWE is also a possibility for him too.

I could see some of the lesser used female talent switching over to AEW or even Impact.

Punk isn’t going to sign with any wrestling company unless he’s guaranteed to be the face of the company and that’s not going to happen with either WWE or AEW in my opinion.

#8 2020-12-07 13:29:43

ilyem

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

Punk isn’t going to sign with any wrestling company unless he’s guaranteed to be the face of the company and that’s not going to happen with either WWE or AEW in my opinion.

Which is why I stated 'if he gets over himself', he's 42 years old now, hasn't wrestled for the majority of 7 years, got dealt two embarrassing losses in actual fighting. He diminished the himself with that as well. His days of being the face of any company are all behind him at this point.

#9 2020-12-08 11:24:24

HC13 Aries Styles

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

Which is why I stated 'if he gets over himself', he's 42 years old now, hasn't wrestled for the majority of 7 years, got dealt two embarrassing losses in actual fighting. He diminished the himself with that as well. His days of being the face of any company are all behind him at this point.

I think if the money is right, the ideas/stories are right CM Punk would take it.... I think Punk  signing would the ultimate goal...  He being 42 he can still be one of the top guys of a company...

#10 2020-12-08 13:47:34

ilyem

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I think if the money is right, the ideas/stories are right CM Punk would take it.... I think Punk  signing would the ultimate goal...  He being 42 he can still be one of the top guys of a company...

Oh, I am sure he would be one of the top guys in the company, but the face of a company at this point? I don't think that would happen. He has always said if the price was right he'd sign where he saw fit, but it depends on how much each company think hes worth at this point. I'm a fan of his but he hasn't full time active for the better part of 7 years which can either be a help or a hinder and while there are still CM Punk chants, his return is not as talked about as it once was.

#11 2020-12-08 19:53:12

HC13 Aries Styles

ilyem wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
ilyem wrote:

Oh, I am sure he would be one of the top guys in the company, but the face of a company at this point? I don't think that would happen. He has always said if the price was right he'd sign where he saw fit, but it depends on how much each company think hes worth at this point. I'm a fan of his but he hasn't full time active for the better part of 7 years which can either be a help or a hinder and while there are still CM Punk chants, his return is not as talked about as it once was.

Got to remember he agree or sign with Fox when they started the WWE Backstage show...  Kinda make you wonder if money a issue or how much he was paid for a show that got claimed due to the pandemic??   Anyhow again if he interest and the price is right I'm sure Punk would sign or consider signing even if it a short term deal 1 year or such (4 PPVs)...

#12 2020-12-12 21:15:35

HeelKing

I don't believe we'll see many WWE guys jump any time soon. If he can get out of his contract, maybe Black? Most of the major names are locked up for awhile.

AEW really doesn't need any more men on the roster, though- unless you can get a guy like Punk or Bryan, and then you make room.

I do think they could use another strong female babyface or two. Beyond that, I think their roster is solid.

#13 2020-12-19 14:14:20

HC13 Aries Styles

HeelKing wrote:

I don't believe we'll see many WWE guys jump any time soon. If he can get out of his contract, maybe Black? Most of the major names are locked up for awhile.

AEW really doesn't need any more men on the roster, though- unless you can get a guy like Punk or Bryan, and then you make room.

I do think they could use another strong female babyface or two. Beyond that, I think their roster is solid.

At least not many top guys or main roster guys....  I kinda want be surprise if Lana leaves when her contract is up and the 90 days NCC...

Board footer