You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-29 12:59:32

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 317

Where should James Storm go next?

It’s been reported by James Storm himself that he’s a free agent so I thought I would post a topic in the forum about it. The questions are simple my friends? Where should James Storm go next and why? Or should he stay with NWA? On a side note while I did post this under WWE vs AEW I won’t criticize anybody for suggesting another company besides those two.

The obvious choice is WWE and teaming with Bobby Roode again however I’m not sure the Beer Money name would go over well with the tv executives or Vince for that matter but that’s another topic for another day. Now the obvious response to him going to the WWE is that he will get lost in the shuffle because of an overstocked roster and there’s a bit of truth to that however that same argument could be made about AEW as well. Their roster is growing which means less tv time for some wrestlers. The obvious example is Shawn Spears. Everyone said him going to AEW would get him more exposure so where has he been? Impact could be an option as well considering his history there. What do y’all think? Where is James Storm going next?

Offline

#2 2020-09-29 13:33:08

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 103

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

Agreed, I think Storm would just be a number in either WWE or AEW due to their oversized rosters. I could see him staying with the NWA or maybe returning to Impact Wrestling, now that RVD, Blanchard, Elgin and Cage are gone they might be looking to replace them with another talent alongside those they have already employed and Storm could fit the bill for the singles division alongside EY, plus there is history with Scott D’Amore too from the AMW - Team Canada days, so Impact could be a possibility.

Offline

#3 2020-09-29 14:01:32

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 317

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

Aj29051994 wrote:

Agreed, I think Storm would just be a number in either WWE or AEW due to their oversized rosters. I could see him staying with the NWA or maybe returning to Impact Wrestling, now that RVD, Blanchard, Elgin and Cage are gone they might be looking to replace them with another talent alongside those they have already employed and Storm could fit the bill for the singles division alongside EY, plus there is history with Scott D’Amore too from the AMW - Team Canada days, so Impact could be a possibility.

I agree with you as much as I would like to see him in WWE he would just be another number on an oversized roster so staying with NWA or going back to Impact Wrestling makes the most sense right now. On a side note it’s nice to see someone else admit that AEW’s roster is getting oversized. Every time i bring it up it gets dismissed as a criticism from a WWE Mark that criticizes everything AEW related.

Offline

#4 2020-09-29 15:34:00

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 103

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

Agreed, I think Storm would just be a number in either WWE or AEW due to their oversized rosters. I could see him staying with the NWA or maybe returning to Impact Wrestling, now that RVD, Blanchard, Elgin and Cage are gone they might be looking to replace them with another talent alongside those they have already employed and Storm could fit the bill for the singles division alongside EY, plus there is history with Scott D’Amore too from the AMW - Team Canada days, so Impact could be a possibility.

I agree with you as much as I would like to see him in WWE he would just be another number on an oversized roster so staying with NWA or going back to Impact Wrestling makes the most sense right now. On a side note it’s nice to see someone else admit that AEW’s roster is getting oversized. Every time i bring it up it gets dismissed as a criticism from a WWE Mark that criticizes everything AEW related.


I’ve said that on a few posts, quite simply because it is true, as you say on posts and as I’ve said too AEW’s roster is oversized, I am a WWE fan but also I’m an AEW fan, yes of course the both products could be better etc, but regardless I enjoy watching them both, however as you’ve already made a point about in your original post, Shawn Spears is a prime example of a wrestler leaving one oversized roster for another, believing the grass will be greener elsewhere, but for him it does not seem to of worked so far for whatever reason and I would not want to see James Storm fall into just being a number like Shawn Spears, or in WWE, Eric Young, Bobby Roode etc.

Offline

#5 2020-09-29 22:25:23

GoodOldPapa
Member
Registered: 2019-12-04
Posts: 196

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

Impact might be his best option at this point in time, because WWE doesn't use a number of the talent that they have, plus AEW is getting to that point, because they only have 2 hours per week of TV to fill currently.

Offline

#6 2020-09-30 00:39:46

Majin Tween
WNS Secretary
From: File City
Registered: 2019-10-05
Posts: 51
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

Agreed, I think Storm would just be a number in either WWE or AEW due to their oversized rosters. I could see him staying with the NWA or maybe returning to Impact Wrestling, now that RVD, Blanchard, Elgin and Cage are gone they might be looking to replace them with another talent alongside those they have already employed and Storm could fit the bill for the singles division alongside EY, plus there is history with Scott D’Amore too from the AMW - Team Canada days, so Impact could be a possibility.

I agree with you as much as I would like to see him in WWE he would just be another number on an oversized roster so staying with NWA or going back to Impact Wrestling makes the most sense right now. On a side note it’s nice to see someone else admit that AEW’s roster is getting oversized. Every time i bring it up it gets dismissed as a criticism from a WWE Mark that criticizes everything AEW related.

The roster is definitely getting bloated. If they're going to introduce a second (non-Dark) show, then I could see it padding itself out better where more wrestlers can get storylines/used more, but right now they're hiring a lot of people when they've already got more than enough to put together a show.

Offline

#7 2020-10-02 11:48:39

Tjm1963
Member
From: Maine, usa
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 18

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

Aj29051994 wrote:
RyanP wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

Agreed, I think Storm would just be a number in either WWE or AEW due to their oversized rosters. I could see him staying with the NWA or maybe returning to Impact Wrestling, now that RVD, Blanchard, Elgin and Cage are gone they might be looking to replace them with another talent alongside those they have already employed and Storm could fit the bill for the singles division alongside EY, plus there is history with Scott D’Amore too from the AMW - Team Canada days, so Impact could be a possibility.

I agree with you as much as I would like to see him in WWE he would just be another number on an oversized roster so staying with NWA or going back to Impact Wrestling makes the most sense right now. On a side note it’s nice to see someone else admit that AEW’s roster is getting oversized. Every time i bring it up it gets dismissed as a criticism from a WWE Mark that criticizes everything AEW related.


I’ve said that on a few posts, quite simply because it is true, as you say on posts and as I’ve said too AEW’s roster is oversized, I am a WWE fan but also I’m an AEW fan, yes of course the both products could be better etc, but regardless I enjoy watching them both, however as you’ve already made a point about in your original post, Shawn Spears is a prime example of a wrestler leaving one oversized roster for another, believing the grass will be greener elsewhere, but for him it does not seem to of worked so far for whatever reason and I would not want to see James Storm fall into just being a number like Shawn Spears, or in WWE, Eric Young, Bobby Roode etc.


I agree with you both on oversized and where storm should go  but also admit would not mind seeing  beer money or what eve rname  wwe sticks with back together.

Offline

#8 2020-10-03 12:49:25

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 158

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

I'm a fan of James Storm and AEW, so would part of me want him to go there? Absolutely. However, objectively, the best fit for him would be a return to Impact. He's always been a star there, and they could use another main event player. It's really just a perfect match.

I can't really argue against him possibly getting lost in the shuffle on AEW, and he'd face the same problem in WWE. He'd end up being Shawn Spears or Bobby Roode 2.0.

Offline

#9 2020-11-24 12:27:13

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 396

Re: Where should James Storm go next?

Looks like he back home in Impact Wrestling, though with contracts and etc, it might be short term deal, that time will only tell???

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer