You are not logged in.

#51 2020-09-03 02:23:02

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for WWE NXT is in.

The show was up in total viewers and in the 18-49 demographic from last week. NXT drew 849,000 live viewers, which is up from last week’s 824,000.

NXT ranked #10 among the top 150 shows on cable, which was up from #24 from last week. It also did a 0.26 in the 18-49 demographic and that was up as last week’s did 0.24.

This marked the third time this year that NXT didn’t have competition from AEW Dynamite. Due to the USA Network’s NHL Playoffs coverage, NXT aired on a Tuesday night.


Let Me In

Offline

#52 2020-09-03 13:24:44

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: Weekly Ratings

Jayke1981 wrote:

The live viewership numbers for WWE NXT is in.

The show was up in total viewers and in the 18-49 demographic from last week. NXT drew 849,000 live viewers, which is up from last week’s 824,000.

NXT ranked #10 among the top 150 shows on cable, which was up from #24 from last week. It also did a 0.26 in the 18-49 demographic and that was up as last week’s did 0.24.

This marked the third time this year that NXT didn’t have competition from AEW Dynamite. Due to the USA Network’s NHL Playoffs coverage, NXT aired on a Tuesday night.

If what has been reported is true then this move to Tuesday is just as much a test run for a new night as it is a reschedule because of a sporting event. It sounds like USA Network is looking at Tuesday as a possible new home for NXT.

Offline

#53 2020-09-03 16:00:47

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for AEW Dynamite is in.

The show was up in total viewers and the 18-49 demographic. This marked the return of its traditional Wednesday broadcast. This show came after it had been preempted by TNT for the past two weeks due to coverage of the NBA Playoffs. Two weeks ago it aired on Saturday and last week it took place on Thursday.

Dynamite drew 928,000 live viewers, which is up from the 813,000 viewers the show previously drew on August 27. In the 18-49 demographic, the show did a 0.36, which is up from 0.29. This was their best total viewership number since the March 18th episode that did 932,000 viewers.

AEW ranked #8 among the top 150 shows on cable.


Let Me In

Offline

#54 2020-09-03 16:02:17

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

RyanP wrote:
Jayke1981 wrote:

The live viewership numbers for WWE NXT is in.

The show was up in total viewers and in the 18-49 demographic from last week. NXT drew 849,000 live viewers, which is up from last week’s 824,000.

NXT ranked #10 among the top 150 shows on cable, which was up from #24 from last week. It also did a 0.26 in the 18-49 demographic and that was up as last week’s did 0.24.

This marked the third time this year that NXT didn’t have competition from AEW Dynamite. Due to the USA Network’s NHL Playoffs coverage, NXT aired on a Tuesday night.

If what has been reported is true then this move to Tuesday is just as much a test run for a new night as it is a reschedule because of a sporting event. It sounds like USA Network is looking at Tuesday as a possible new home for NXT.

If that is the case - I'm down for  that. Impact could lose what few viewers they have on a Tuesday though. (Maybe they should move to Thursday!)


Let Me In

Offline

#55 2020-09-10 11:05:17

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for WWE NXT is in.

The show was down in total viewers and in the 18-49 demographic from last week. NXT drew 838,000 live viewers, which is down from last week’s 849,000.

NXT ranked #15 among the top 150 shows on cable, which was down from #10 from last week. It also did a 0.22 in the 18-49 demographic and that was down as last week’s show did 0.26.


Let Me In

Offline

#56 2020-09-10 16:30:47

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for AEW Dynamite are in and the promotion, as well as TNT, should be thrilled to see the result.

The show was up in total viewers and the 18-49 demographic. This was the fallout edition of Dynamite for Saturday’s All Out pay-per-view event.

Dynamite drew 1.016 million live viewers, which is up from the 928,000 viewers the show did last week. In the 18-49 demographic, the show did a 0.37, which is up from 0.36. This was the most-watched episode of Dynamite of the year.

AEW ranked #7 among the top 150 shows on cable. Dynamite may air in its normal timeslot or the following night next week depending on whether the Lakers vs. Rockets go to a seventh game.


Let Me In

Offline

#57 2020-09-18 03:40:57

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were down in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the night, but they also saw a decrease in 18-49. AEW and NXT being down from last week was expected as they didn’t air on the same night. In fact, NXT aired on Tuesday while AEW was on Wednesday.

AEW Dynamite drew 886,000 live viewers and NXT drew 689,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 1,016,000 while NXT drew 838,000. Last Wednesday’s Dynamite was its highest-rated show of the year.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #31 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #3.


Let Me In

Offline

#58 2020-09-24 16:44:26

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

AEW was down while NXT was up in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the win this week and stayed in the top 10 on cable for the night after ranking #3 last week, which was a high for the show.



AEW Dynamite drew 835,000 live viewers and NXT drew 696,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 886,000 while NXT drew 689,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #38 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #9.


Let Me In

Offline

#59 2020-10-02 04:43:09

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were up in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the win this week even though it didn’t stay in the top 10 on cable for the night.

Dynamite drew 866,000 live viewers and NXT drew 732,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 835,000 while NXT drew 696,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked 50# among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #12.

This marked the go-home edition of NXT for Sunday’s TakeOver 31 event. The shows also went up against Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat, which did 7.140 million viewers on ABC.


Let Me In

Offline

#60 2020-10-08 18:22:07

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were down in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the win this week even though it didn’t stay in the top 10 on cable for the night.



Dynamite drew 753,000 live viewers and NXT drew 639,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 866,000 while NXT drew 732,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #56 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #19.

This marked the post edition of NXT for Sunday’s TakeOver 31 event. The shows also went up against Vice Presidential Debate that aired across several networks and did big viewership numbers as in total, 50,700,000 people watched.


Let Me In

Offline

#61 2020-10-17 04:12:13

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were up in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the win this week even though it was outside of the top 10 on cable for the night. This show featured a loaded card with four titles on the line.



Dynamite drew 826,000 live viewers and NXT drew 651,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 753,000 while NXT drew 639,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #51 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #15.

The shows were expected to increase after they had to go up against the Vice Presidential Debate last week that aired across several networks and did big viewership numbers.

For the second straight week due to NXT being outside of the top 50 shows on cable, demographic figures weren’t released.


Let Me In

Offline

#62 2020-10-23 04:28:52

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were down in total viewers. It was Dynamite that took the win this week and the trend of staying outside of the top 10 on cable for the night continued.

Dynamite drew 753,000 live viewers and NXT drew 644,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 826,000 while NXT drew 651,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #56 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #13.

For the third straight week due to NXT being outside of the top 50 shows on cable, demographic figures weren’t released.


Let Me In

Offline

#63 2020-10-29 16:11:09

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were up in total viewers. It was NXT that took the win this week and was back in the top 50 shows on cable for the night.

Dynamite drew 781,000 live viewers and NXT drew 876,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 753,000 while NXT drew 644,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #21 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #12.

NXT had a special Halloween Havoc theme and loaded up the show with two title matches as well as had an 8 minute overrun.


Let Me In

Offline

#64 2020-11-06 12:38:10

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were down in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week after being beaten by the special Halloween Havoc themed edition of NXT last week in total viewers.

It has to be noted that these shows came just one day after election day for the 2020 United States Presidency, which saw all of the news networks draw big viewership numbers.

Dynamite drew 717,000 live viewers and NXT drew 610,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 781,000 while NXT drew 876,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. Because both AEW and NXT didn’t chart in the top 50 shows on cable, we do not have the demographic breakdown aside from 18-49. The top 50 shows on cable were all news channels.


Let Me In

Offline

#65 2020-11-12 18:25:36

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were up in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week in total viewership and the key demo.

Last week’s shows were knocked out of the top 50 on cable due to it coming the day after election day for the 2020 United States Presidency, which saw all of the news networks draw big viewership numbers. Although this week AEW was towards the top of the chart, news stations still dominated the night.

Dynamite drew 764,000 live viewers and NXT drew 632,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 717,000 while NXT drew 610,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #56 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #17.


Let Me In

Offline

#66 2020-11-22 07:41:03

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

Both shows were up in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week in total viewership and the key demo.

Dynamite drew 850,000 live viewers and NXT drew 638,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 764,000 while NXT drew 632,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #56 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #7, which is the first time Dynamite has been in the top 10 in a few weeks. AEW was only behind the NBA Draft and news shows.


Let Me In

Offline

#67 2020-11-30 16:34:03

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

AEW was down while NXT in total viewers. It was NXT that took the win this week in total viewership, but AEW won the key demo.

Dynamite drew 710,000 live viewers and NXT drew 712,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 850,000 while NXT drew 638,000.

As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic. NXT ranked #25 among the top 150 shows on cable while AEW was #7. These episodes did air the day before Thanksgiving, which is the busiest traveling day of the year here in the United States.


Let Me In

Offline

#68 2020-12-03 18:24:55

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

AEW brought Winter Is Coming to TNT this week. WWE NXT aired the go-home show before WarGames. How did things turn out in the Wednesday Night War this week?


Showbuzz Daily reports that AEW Dynamite’s Winter Is Coming pulled in an overnight average of 913,000 fans. They also drew a .42 in the 18-49 demographic. WWE NXT brought in 658,000 viewers with a .16 in the same demographic.

Last week AEW Dynamite pulled in an overnight average of 710,000 viewers. WWE NXT brought in 712,000 viewers. AEW drew a .26 rating in the 18-49 demographic. WWE NXT brought in a .14 rating in the same coveted demographic. Then updated viewership numbers showed that they both tied with 712,000 viewers each.


The week before that saw AEW Dynamite earn 850,000 viewers. They scored a .37 in the 18-49 demographic, and they were #7 in cable for the night. WWE NXT did not chart in the top 50 shows. WWE NXT brought in 638,000 viewers and a .14 in the 18-49 demographic. They ranked #56 in the night.


The previous week saw AEW Dynamite bring in 764,000 viewers. WWE NXT brought in 632,000 viewers. That viewership was up from the last week. AEW brought a .32 in the 18-49 demographic while WWE NXT brought in a .16.


The week prior saw AEW Dynamite draw 717,000 viewers. WWE NXT brought in 610,000 viewers. Neither show ranked in the top 50 cable shows this week as each spot was taken by news programs. AEW brought in a .30 in the 18-49 demographic and ranked #56. WWE NXT earned a .14 rating in the 18-49 demographic in the #68 spot.


Let Me In

Offline

#69 2020-12-04 11:05:49

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: Weekly Ratings

Let me ask you this because I’m legit curious about your thoughts on this. If AEW is unable to maintain or improve on these ratings with Sting and an Impact Wrestling partnership then what does that say about AEW or wrestling in general for that matter? On a side note I think it’s cool that you do these ratings each week but I would like to point out that the “revised ratings” that tied AEW/NXT were reported by Meltzer who is a known AEW mark and other websites I’ve looked at have reported on Meltzer’s ratings increase story but have said they couldn’t independently verify the accuracy of those updated ratings. Just thought I’d tell you to take Meltzer’s word with a minuscule grain of salt.

Offline

#70 2020-12-04 12:09:00

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: Weekly Ratings

RyanP wrote:

Let me ask you this because I’m legit curious about your thoughts on this. If AEW is unable to maintain or improve on these ratings with Sting and an Impact Wrestling partnership then what does that say about AEW or wrestling in general for that matter? On a side note I think it’s cool that you do these ratings each week but I would like to point out that the “revised ratings” that tied AEW/NXT were reported by Meltzer who is a known AEW mark and other websites I’ve looked at have reported on Meltzer’s ratings increase story but have said they couldn’t independently verify the accuracy of those updated ratings. Just thought I’d tell you to take Meltzer’s word with a minuscule grain of salt.

Ryan, dude, I am saying this in the nicest way possible, you need to stop worrying so much about what AEW does and doesn't do. TNT have repeatedly said they are happy with the numbers AEW brings in each week which is why their contact was extended out three years.  You don't come off as 'legit curious' you come off as this is some big gotcha moment when it's not. Even in posts about WWE you have to sprinkle something in there. I get it, you like NXT more and are upset they regularly lose in the ratings battle, but move on dude, you are making yourself sound so desperate at this point. Of course wrestling companies care about the ratings, WWE thinks about AEW and AEW thinks about WWE, anyone who says otherwise is lying but the amount of time you spend trying to discredit things AEW could be focused on why NXT is under performing in the rating on a weekly basis, more often then not AEW is placed in the top 50, more so in the top 10, and NXT doesn't even chart. This obsession you have with this is getting ridiculous now, we get it, you like WWE, but AEW isn't going anywhere, stop putting your time and energy into something you don't enjoy. If AEW doesn't hit a million on a regular basis, it doesn't seem like it matters to TNT, they are happy with the numbers they got. Move your attention to NXT because there is a chance USA won't wanna pick it up once the contract is over because it's under performing and WWE is continuing to let it under preform because they don't want AEW to gain any other viewers.

I don't mean to be rude, but you get called out and shown fact, then either not respond or agree but then make another post trying to trash AEW, put your time into something else dude. Its fine to have a debate but you are trying to damn hard.

Offline

#71 2020-12-04 12:21:15

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: Weekly Ratings

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

Let me ask you this because I’m legit curious about your thoughts on this. If AEW is unable to maintain or improve on these ratings with Sting and an Impact Wrestling partnership then what does that say about AEW or wrestling in general for that matter? On a side note I think it’s cool that you do these ratings each week but I would like to point out that the “revised ratings” that tied AEW/NXT were reported by Meltzer who is a known AEW mark and other websites I’ve looked at have reported on Meltzer’s ratings increase story but have said they couldn’t independently verify the accuracy of those updated ratings. Just thought I’d tell you to take Meltzer’s word with a minuscule grain of salt.

Ryan, dude, I am saying this in the nicest way possible, you need to stop worrying so much about what AEW does and doesn't do. TNT have repeatedly said they are happy with the numbers AEW brings in each week which is why their contact was extended out three years.  You don't come off as 'legit curious' you come off as this is some big gotcha moment when it's not. Even in posts about WWE you have to sprinkle something in there. I get it, you like NXT more and are upset they regularly lose in the ratings battle, but move on dude, you are making yourself sound so desperate at this point. Of course wrestling companies care about the ratings, WWE thinks about AEW and AEW thinks about WWE, anyone who says otherwise is lying but the amount of time you spend trying to discredit things AEW could be focused on why NXT is under performing in the rating on a weekly basis, more often then not AEW is placed in the top 50, more so in the top 10, and NXT doesn't even chart. This obsession you have with this is getting ridiculous now, we get it, you like WWE, but AEW isn't going anywhere, stop putting your time and energy into something you don't enjoy. If AEW doesn't hit a million on a regular basis, it doesn't seem like it matters to TNT, they are happy with the numbers they got. Move your attention to NXT because there is a chance USA won't wanna pick it up once the contract is over because it's under performing and WWE is continuing to let it under preform because they don't want AEW to gain any other viewers.

I don't mean to be rude, but you get called out and shown fact, then either not respond or agree but then make another post trying to trash AEW, put your time into something else dude. Its fine to have a debate but you are trying to damn hard.

All due respect I just asked a legit question with no malice or intent to trash AEW. I even said what does that say about AEW or WRESTLING IN GENERAL. I said In general because I’ve constantly maintained that wrestling in general not just AEW has lost some of its popularity. I didn’t intend for it to come off as me trashing AEW. Since Jake1981 posts AEW/NXT viewership numbers I was just curious as to what his opinion was. I’m not trying to be rude either dude but you realize you got defensive over me asking a guy who posts viewership numbers a question about viewership. Given my past posts I get why you think I’m trashing AEW but I assure you that’s not the case with this post.

Offline

#72 2020-12-10 16:30:32

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

AEW was up while NXT saw a slight increase in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week in total viewership and won the key demo.

AEW had a loaded card for its Winter is Coming special last week that helped Dynamite get its best demo rating of the year with 0.42. This week’s show featured appearances by Sting and Shaq, which helped AEW get a new demo record. NXT featured the fallout from last Sunday’s TakeOver: WarGames event.

Dynamite drew 995,000 live viewers and NXT drew 659,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 913,000 while NXT drew 658,000.

AEW ranked #2 in the top 150 shows on cable while NXT was #37. As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic.


Let Me In

Offline

#73 2020-12-10 20:16:25

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: Weekly Ratings

Jayke1981 wrote:

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

AEW was up while NXT saw a slight increase in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week in total viewership and won the key demo.

AEW had a loaded card for its Winter is Coming special last week that helped Dynamite get its best demo rating of the year with 0.42. This week’s show featured appearances by Sting and Shaq, which helped AEW get a new demo record. NXT featured the fallout from last Sunday’s TakeOver: WarGames event.

Dynamite drew 995,000 live viewers and NXT drew 659,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 913,000 while NXT drew 658,000.

AEW ranked #2 in the top 150 shows on cable while NXT was #37. As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic.

To me the fact that they couldn’t break a million with a legend like Sting and celebrity like Shaq is really telling about how much wrestling’s popularity has declined in recent years. Don’t get me wrong kudos to them on the 995,000 but it just seems to me that wrestling’s lack of popularity these days has really played a major factor in the declining viewership numbers in my opinion.

Offline

#74 2020-12-12 20:03:37

Blazaholic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 63

Re: Weekly Ratings

RyanP wrote:

To me the fact that they couldn’t break a million with a legend like Sting and celebrity like Shaq is really telling about how much wrestling’s popularity has declined in recent years. Don’t get me wrong kudos to them on the 995,000 but it just seems to me that wrestling’s lack of popularity these days has really played a major factor in the declining viewership numbers in my opinion.

Yeah, to be honest I haven't seen much of Dynamite since it first started. Whether it's due to a busy schedule or lack of interest there are probably a lot of people like that. Though another reason is just how far technology has come since wrestling was at it's peak in the late 90's/early 00's. WWE has highlights hours after their shows go off the air, I imagine AEW probably does the same. During this pandemic pretty much all we can rely on is ratings, but working with Impact might lead to something cool, and if they had fans in attendance it probably would have generated even more buzz. Getting Sting is pretty cool too, as well as a lot of guests but it reminds me a lot of WCW, which makes it seem even more like they want to brand themselves as WCW 2.0

Offline

#75 2020-12-17 18:03:50

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 163

Re: Weekly Ratings

The live viewership numbers for both AEW Dynamite and WWE NXT are in.

AEW did decline while NXT saw a slight increase in total viewers. It was AEW that took the win this week in total viewership and won the key demo despite being down from last week’s high.

AEW was coming off back-to-back weeks that not only saw an increase in total viewership, but also in the key demo. Last week, AEW ranked number 2 for the night on cable.

Dynamite drew 806,000 live viewers and NXT drew 766,000 live viewers. Last week, AEW drew 995,000 while NXT drew 659,000.

AEW ranked #3 in the top 150 shows on cable while NXT was #34. As is the case in most weeks, AEW won the 18-49 demographic.


Let Me In

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer