You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-16 08:56:25

RyanP

Cyber Bullying

This is a subject that is very near and dear to my heart because I’ve been cyber bullied over the years and hell I get cyber bullied on this site simply because I defend a superstar(s) that the IWC doesn’t like. Like the Bella Twins,Paige and Lana. I get called a sniveling white knight simply because I condemn cyber bullying. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult for people to be mature when voicing their opinion. I’ve even seen some people deny that cyber bullying exists which is ridiculous in my opinion. What are y’alls thoughts on cyber bullying?

#2 2020-09-16 13:27:24

ilyem

Re: Cyber Bullying

Cyber bullying absolutely exists, and a lot of people think they can get away with bullying wrestlers or celebrities because they are seen as more privileged than other people, but at the end of the day, that wrestler is still a person with human emotions and feelings. There are plenty of wrestlers I am not particularly big fans of, however, if all they are doing is just existing within a fandom that I am a part of and not causing harm to anyone else, I am not gonna go out of my way to bash them or try to ruin their day because at the end of the day, I am well aware they are a person as well, I wouldn't like it done to me, so I am not gonna do it to them. It's all about being a decent human and being decent to others. It's the classic, if you don't have anything nice to day, don't say anything at all.

#3 2020-09-16 14:32:54

Majin Tween
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I think you put too much stock in what other people say/think online. Most people on the internet are dickheads. You can't let that get to you. You just gotta remember that everything you say is going to be wrong to a certain type of person. You just gotta do you and move on.

#4 2020-09-16 20:39:54

Monkey Flip

Everybody is so easily offended nowadays. If someone says something you don’t like, just get over it and move on with your life. If you to tell them to shut up, tell them to shut up. If you don’t, then just ignore them.

It’s really that simple.

#5 2020-09-17 12:44:06

IronFistMaiden
Supreme Leader
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

My best advice I can give is careful you don't feed the problem. Make a point and debating a point is fine but you should be mindful of what style you go at it such as it's less effective to retort with an emotional plea than it is to respond with factual explanation of the original point you've made. Typically cyberbullying targets are often to respond emotionally when attacked when sometimes the answer is do nothing. Sometimes it's difficult but if it affects you personally sometimes some people aren't worth replying to. The reply to a cyberbully is the fuel they need for continued harassment.

I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the WNS Discord https://discord.gg/GTUc4db <-- Invite

#6 2020-09-18 13:03:12

HeelKing

Majin Tween wrote:

I think you put too much stock in what other people say/think online. Most people on the internet are dickheads. You can't let that get to you. You just gotta remember that everything you say is going to be wrong to a certain type of person. You just gotta do you and move on.

This.

Cyber-bullying is wrong, but I mean most sensible people in the world understand that. When you're dealing with a cyberbully, though, you're not going to bring them to some sort of epiphany by going back-and-forth. You'll only spill blood in the water. They feed off that stuff. Just make your point and move on. End of the day, does it really matter what they think of you? It's the internet- you can't give two cares here because not everyone is going to agree with you or like you.

Last edited by HeelKing (2020-09-18 13:05:56)

#7 2020-09-19 02:11:01

Tommy

I don't condone cyber bullying at all but at the same time people need to stop getting worked up over strangers on the internet and not let people who you'll never meet and people who have no affect on your life get to you. Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you and there will be people who say cruel things to you but seriously those people don't know you, have no part of your day to day life so gotta try and not let it affect you.

Board footer