You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-12 11:21:52

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

It seems like Jericho didn’t get the memo from Cody about not taking shots at WWE because shortly after AEW debuted Cody said they were going to focus on their product and not on WWE. Yet it seems like Jericho can’t keep his mouth shut and he’s constantly contradicting himself. Look at his latest interview posted on this site from Busted Open Radio for example. He talks about focusing on your own product and not your competition yet he constantly takes shots at WWE when he should be focused on AEW. You don’t see anybody on NXT taking shots at AEW and yet Jericho,Miro,Brodie Lee and Moxley have all taken shots at WWE. The question is simple guys and gals. Should Jericho and the rest of the bitter ex WWE guys stop the WWE insults and focus on AEW or should they keep taking shots at WWE? In my opinion they all need to shut up and focus on AEW not taking shots at WWE. Let me clarify something so y’all don’t go off on me. These guys have a right to be angry with WWE about how they were used but I don’t think constantly taking shots at your former employer when you should be focused on the promotion your with is the right way to do it.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-09-12 11:25:26)

Online

#2 2020-09-12 14:37:34

MaskedMadness
Member
Registered: 2020-01-16
Posts: 101

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Yes. Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't AEWs thing "We're not competing, we're just doing our thing"?

Also, you beat WWEs developmental program. Imagine the WNBA Bragging about winning the ratings against the NBA G League.

It's whatever, I get it, it's still an accomplishment. I'm glad NXT is moving nights because I want as much wrestling as possible, I don't like to choose.

Remember when TNA would take shots at WWE, and WWE ignored their existence? This is basically a repeat.

Last edited by MaskedMadness (2020-09-12 14:38:47)

Offline

#3 2020-09-12 15:04:55

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

MaskedMadness wrote:

Yes. Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't AEWs thing "We're not competing, we're just doing our thing"?

Also, you beat WWEs developmental program. Imagine the WNBA Bragging about winning the ratings against the NBA G League.

It's whatever, I get it, it's still an accomplishment. I'm glad NXT is moving nights because I want as much wrestling as possible, I don't like to choose.

Remember when TNA would take shots at WWE, and WWE ignored their existence? This is basically a repeat.

I don’t think it has been verified that they’re permanently moving to Tuesdays. They were on Tuesdays these last two weeks because of the NHL playoffs. I agree that NXT moving to a different night would be good for everyone.

Online

#4 2020-09-12 16:28:27

Tommy
Member
Registered: 2019-11-03
Posts: 151

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

I think the whole schtick of AEW talent is getting old. They wanna claim they're not worried about WWE yet take shots any chance they get.

I think talent like Miro and Moxley should be grateful for what WWE afforded them instead of coming off as bitter ex employees. After all they each met and married their significant other while in WWE. Be grateful for that alone and the lifestyle being a WWE superstar provided you. Sure everyone has a right to dislike things but you never hear about what WWE did provide for them.

I hope NXT does stay on Wednesdays and I hope at the draft they beef up NXT a little bit and do go after AEW like AEW goes after NXT. Time for WWE to push back after all they like to say about them. I'd love to hear the marks bitch about how the WWE wants to take down AEW and how they got desperate by having to beef up NXT but I'm okay with them crying about it because at least WWE can say we balanced everything out through ourselves and our own roster while AEW had to look outside to ex WWE talents to bring the fight to WWE because they can't build their own stars and have 90% of their roster being WWE rejects. AEW needs WWE stars to compete with WWE.

Offline

#5 2020-09-12 18:47:16

GoodOldPapa
Member
Registered: 2019-12-04
Posts: 159

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Once in a while I can understand, but week after week gets old after a while.  Each company should focus on their own product and be the best versions of themselves.  In other words, they need to "shut up and wrestle".

Offline

#6 2020-09-12 18:58:23

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Tommy wrote:

I think the whole schtick of AEW talent is getting old. They wanna claim they're not worried about WWE yet take shots any chance they get.

I think talent like Miro and Moxley should be grateful for what WWE afforded them instead of coming off as bitter ex employees. After all they each met and married their significant other while in WWE. Be grateful for that alone and the lifestyle being a WWE superstar provided you. Sure everyone has a right to dislike things but you never hear about what WWE did provide for them.

I hope NXT does stay on Wednesdays and I hope at the draft they beef up NXT a little bit and do go after AEW like AEW goes after NXT. Time for WWE to push back after all they like to say about them. I'd love to hear the marks bitch about how the WWE wants to take down AEW and how they got desperate by having to beef up NXT but I'm okay with them crying about it because at least WWE can say we balanced everything out through ourselves and our own roster while AEW had to look outside to ex WWE talents to bring the fight to WWE because they can't build their own stars and have 90% of their roster being WWE rejects. AEW needs WWE stars to compete with WWE.

I completely agree with you. Look at their current champs. Moxley(world title) Brodie Lee(TNT title) and FTR(tag titles). All former WWE superstars. When 3/4 of your titles are held by superstars that weren’t part of your original roster then what does that tell you about the faith they have in the rest of the roster. The only title that isn’t held by an ex WWE superstar is their women’s title but give Brandi a couple of months and that will change too. AEW is good for the wrestling business but when your spending more time trash talking your competition then focusing on your product then you have a problem on your hands.

Online

#7 2020-09-12 21:30:42

MaskedMadness
Member
Registered: 2020-01-16
Posts: 101

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

RyanP wrote:
Tommy wrote:

I think the whole schtick of AEW talent is getting old. They wanna claim they're not worried about WWE yet take shots any chance they get.

I think talent like Miro and Moxley should be grateful for what WWE afforded them instead of coming off as bitter ex employees. After all they each met and married their significant other while in WWE. Be grateful for that alone and the lifestyle being a WWE superstar provided you. Sure everyone has a right to dislike things but you never hear about what WWE did provide for them.

I hope NXT does stay on Wednesdays and I hope at the draft they beef up NXT a little bit and do go after AEW like AEW goes after NXT. Time for WWE to push back after all they like to say about them. I'd love to hear the marks bitch about how the WWE wants to take down AEW and how they got desperate by having to beef up NXT but I'm okay with them crying about it because at least WWE can say we balanced everything out through ourselves and our own roster while AEW had to look outside to ex WWE talents to bring the fight to WWE because they can't build their own stars and have 90% of their roster being WWE rejects. AEW needs WWE stars to compete with WWE.

I completely agree with you. Look at their current champs. Moxley(world title) Brodie Lee(TNT title) and FTR(tag titles). All former WWE superstars. When 3/4 of your titles are held by superstars that weren’t part of your original roster then what does that tell you about the faith they have in the rest of the roster. The only title that isn’t held by an ex WWE superstar is their women’s title but give Brandi a couple of months and that will change too. AEW is good for the wrestling business but when your spending more time trash talking your competition then focusing on your product then you have a problem on your hands.

It's TNA 2.0 my friend. They realize they can't compete with WWE using inexperienced Indy guys. WWE would and have fired guys for less botches than what I've seen in AEW.

Offline

#8 2020-09-12 23:22:10

Majin Tween
Moderator
From: File City
Registered: 2019-10-05
Posts: 28
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Anybody who complains about "pot shots" between companies clearly doesn't remember what the Monday Night War was actually like. Don't get so wrapped up in your fandom that you forget that you should want this level of venom out of both companies. It's how you get a better product out of both.

You basically have to get both camps so riled up that they start hate-fucking each other with booking and storylines. That's why Nitro and RAW were both really fun to watch.

Offline

#9 2020-09-13 00:01:19

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Majin Tween wrote:

Anybody who complains about "pot shots" between companies clearly doesn't remember what the Monday Night War was actually like. Don't get so wrapped up in your fandom that you forget that you should want this level of venom out of both companies. It's how you get a better product out of both.

You basically have to get both camps so riled up that they start hate-fucking each other with booking and storylines. That's why Nitro and RAW were both really fun to watch.

The pot shots  might have worked in 1999 during the Monday Night Wars but this is 2020 and the wrestling product and business is completely different then what it was back then. Not to mention the popularity of wrestling back then was a lot bigger then it is now hence the reason why I constantly say wrestling isn’t as popular as it once was. Today’s fans follow AEW to get away from WWE and they can’t do that when AEW is constantly bringing up WWE and insulting WWE.

Online

#10 2020-09-13 01:10:12

Majin Tween
Moderator
From: File City
Registered: 2019-10-05
Posts: 28
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

RyanP wrote:

this is 2020 and the wrestling product and business is completely different then what it was back then.

Yeah. And there lies the problem. Wrestling is less popular because of how far it's gotten away from what people want wrestling to be. People want the business to be like it was, but any time it veers anywhere near it they flip out. The fans are way softer, there's fewer of them and they can't handle criticism of things they enjoy. It's Demolition Man but with wrestling.

Offline

#11 2020-09-13 02:35:32

GoodOldPapa
Member
Registered: 2019-12-04
Posts: 159

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Majin Tween wrote:
RyanP wrote:

this is 2020 and the wrestling product and business is completely different then what it was back then.

Yeah. And there lies the problem. Wrestling is less popular because of how far it's gotten away from what people want wrestling to be. People want the business to be like it was, but any time it veers anywhere near it they flip out. The fans are way softer, there's fewer of them and they can't handle criticism of things they enjoy. It's Demolition Man but with wrestling.



That's so true.  People moan and groan for the Attitude Era, but when you give them bite size pieces of it, they whine and cry and "get offended".

Offline

#12 2020-09-13 08:07:14

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Majin Tween wrote:
RyanP wrote:

this is 2020 and the wrestling product and business is completely different then what it was back then.

Yeah. And there lies the problem. Wrestling is less popular because of how far it's gotten away from what people want wrestling to be. People want the business to be like it was, but any time it veers anywhere near it they flip out. The fans are way softer, there's fewer of them and they can't handle criticism of things they enjoy. It's Demolition Man but with wrestling.

I agree with you to an extent but I have to disagree with you on one thing you said. Wrestling may be less popular because it’s gotten away from what people want and that might be A reason but I think the main reason it’s not as popular is because people just aren’t that into wrestling anymore. I know that’s a tough pill for the IWC to swallow but there is some truth to it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the fans that complain online about WWE(The IWC) are the MINORITY of wrestling fans these days not the majority so there may not be as many people who agree with your line of thinking about the popularity of wrestling as you think there are. Don’t misunderstand me I wasn’t trying to insult you with what I said I was just making a point.

Online

#13 2020-09-13 10:51:55

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 108

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Jericho has a right to say whatever he wants, and I have absolutely zero issue with it. There is this idea that well, "you should be focused on your own product" that I've heard floated so much. Jericho isn't part of the AEW creative team, though- or the corporate side. He's an employee. He comes to work and does his job.

For the record, I wouldn't care if Balor or someone from NXT started taking shots at AEW, either. They're competing for viewers. This is, as someone already mentioned, akin to the Monday night wars. Sans giving away results (which backfired massively on WCW) of your opponents shows, I feel as if almost anything is fair. This isn't a case of stay in your lane.

Offline

#14 2020-09-13 11:12:52

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 216

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

HeelKing wrote:

Jericho has a right to say whatever he wants, and I have absolutely zero issue with it. There is this idea that well, "you should be focused on your own product" that I've heard floated so much. Jericho isn't part of the AEW creative team, though- or the corporate side. He's an employee. He comes to work and does his job.

For the record, I wouldn't care if Balor or someone from NXT started taking shots at AEW, either. They're competing for viewers. This is, as someone already mentioned, akin to the Monday night wars. Sans giving away results (which backfired massively on WCW) of your opponents shows, I feel as if almost anything is fair. This isn't a case of stay in your lane.

You’re right Jericho has the right to say whatever he wants but the problem that I have is when he does talk about AEW/WWE he keeps contradicting himself. Like I said in the latest interview posted on here he took shots at WWE then in the SAME interview talked about focusing on their(AEW) product and not on WWE. So which way is it. Take Shots at WWE or focusing on your product and not WWE. You can’t have it both ways. Bottom line is that Jericho needs to pick a lane and stay on it instead of jumping back and forth between them because all that contradicting does is make him look like an idiot.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-09-13 11:13:54)

Online

#15 2020-09-13 15:29:06

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 54

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

You are saying Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens when you say Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens RyanP when someone says that about Chris Jericho? ..................  RyanP! YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

Offline

#16 2020-09-13 18:22:23

Majin Tween
Moderator
From: File City
Registered: 2019-10-05
Posts: 28
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Aj29051994 wrote:

You are saying Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens when you say Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens RyanP when someone says that about Chris Jericho? ..................  RyanP! YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

Don't help.

Offline

#17 2020-09-13 19:34:46

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 264

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

How I see it, yes and no,  I feel  AEW-Jericho don't have to do it as much, but I do feel they need to acknowledge  their completion  directly or in-directly....   It done all the time in other aspects of life Insurance companies telling you to switch to their cause it cheaper they will give you this or that or extra incentive.. TV News does it indirectly  bragging about their shows, their awards, Coke and Pepsi have done it in the past,  McDonalds and Burger King and Wendys have done such to...  It kinda hard to be in a business of any kind and not acknowledge the comp...

Offline

#18 2020-09-14 02:35:11

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 54

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Majin Tween wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

You are saying Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens when you say Chris Jericho is making himself look an idiot? You know what happens RyanP when someone says that about Chris Jericho? ..................  RyanP! YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

Don't help.

Care to elaborate on that at all?

Offline

#19 2020-09-14 07:36:43

Montana Max
Member
Registered: 2019-11-04
Posts: 17

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

How I see it, yes and no,  I feel  AEW-Jericho don't have to do it as much, but I do feel they need to acknowledge  their completion  directly or in-directly....   It done all the time in other aspects of life Insurance companies telling you to switch to their cause it cheaper they will give you this or that or extra incentive.. TV News does it indirectly  bragging about their shows, their awards, Coke and Pepsi have done it in the past,  McDonalds and Burger King and Wendys have done such to...  It kinda hard to be in a business of any kind and not acknowledge the comp...

That's exactly how I feel about it. The irony is that WWE pretends that AEW isn't competition or doesn't exist which I feel is more disrespectful. While AEW throws shots at WWE, acknowledging that it's competition makes me see it as some form of respect. For those saying that AEW said it's not a war, it isn't. If it was a war, it would mean that they would want to kill the WWE, but nothing AEW has said is actually hurting WWE as a company, rather it's their diehard fan base that's getting their feelings hurt. Lighten up and just enjoy what we haven't had since the days of the Monday Night Wars. Whether you're for WWE or AEW, it doesn't matter. Just be happy we have more alternatives available to us. If we are wrestling fans, let's support "all of wrestling".

Offline

#20 2020-09-14 09:34:06

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 108

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

RyanP wrote:

You’re right Jericho has the right to say whatever he wants but the problem that I have is when he does talk about AEW/WWE he keeps contradicting himself. Like I said in the latest interview posted on here he took shots at WWE then in the SAME interview talked about focusing on their(AEW) product and not on WWE. So which way is it. Take Shots at WWE or focusing on your product and not WWE. You can’t have it both ways. Bottom line is that Jericho needs to pick a lane and stay on it instead of jumping back and forth between them because all that contradicting does is make him look like an idiot.

Again though, Jericho is not a part of the AEW creative team. Aside from his own programs, focusing on the AEW product as a whole isn't a part of his responsibility. He's speaking generally about the company as a whole. When he's saying they're not focused on WWE, I believe he's talking about Cody, Omega, the Bucks, Tony... the guys putting the program together. I think he's saying if NXT is running a hot main event like Balor vs. Cole, they're not sitting around backstage in AEW going we have to counter-program this with something amazing. They're booking their own shows, and telling their own stories as they come.

Offline

#21 2020-09-14 12:29:18

GoodOldPapa
Member
Registered: 2019-12-04
Posts: 159

Re: Should Jericho shut up about NXT/WWE?

Well said Max about supporting ALL of wrestling.  If NXT moves to Tuesday nights, its possible that Impact may have to move to say Thursday nights.  If they do, there would be something for everyone every week night: Mondays Raw, Tuesdays NXT, Wednesdays AEW, Thursdays Impact, and Fridays Smackdown.  That would be a win win for everyone.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer