You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-07 11:55:56

HC13 Aries Styles

Eric Young what a heel should be like

The Eric Young heel character  is what a heel should be like in wrestling....  Looking at his actions upon his return from attacking the beloved Rich Swann and costing Swann his chance at the Impact World title at Slammiversary to then attacking Swann when he did the Retirement announcement...   I just wonder what fan reactions would have been with fans be it few hundred or few thousand fans???
Something I see WWE fail in as they rather go with super-characters to say the most, very much the same apply to Impact with Sami Callihan and I Can See  U..   Only one right now who may can equal Young in heel heat is Brodie Lee, and probably Seth Rollins and adding MJF as I somehow forgot him...

What do you think of Eric Young as a heel???

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2020-09-08 11:18:05)

#2 2020-09-07 14:52:39

Aj29051994

Re: Eric Young what a heel should be like

I definitely agree with Eric Young, I can only imagine the reaction he would of got from the fans for doing that, one name that you might not agree with, or you might agree with that I would like to add is MJF, I feel that he too is able at generating so much heel heat in a matter of seconds.

Eric Young though just seems to “have it“ as a heel wrestler the facial expressions, using the notoriously dangerous piledriver as his finisher, his promo skills, his work in the ring, he is one that has definitely benefited 100% from getting out of WWE and heading back home to Impact Wrestling.

#3 2020-09-07 16:04:51

WrestlingExpert

I'm happy that EY was able to return home to IMPACT Wrestling where he gets some appreciation for his talent. I always figured WWE would squander him on the main roster, but the fact that they never even gave him any television time was a bit surprising to me. He's a great pro wrestler. Good in-ring ability, good on the mic, good as both a babyface and a heel. He's a great talent. Always was.

#4 2020-09-08 09:54:32

GoodOldPapa

It was good to see Eric Young win the title last week, which was kind of a surprise as I wasn't expecting a title change until Bound For Glory at the earliest.  It was an abomination the way WWE pooo'd all over him.

#5 2020-09-08 11:17:02

HC13 Aries Styles

Will go back and add MJF to that list....
Anyhow Eric Young  have always been one  of the most entertaining rather face or heel, as he can do his comedy stuff, and he also proven to be taken serious...

#6 2020-09-18 13:19:58

HeelKing

Eric Young is one of the best, if not the best heel in wrestling right now. The only two guys that may rival him at the moment are Rollins and MJF. Young is good at not giving fans anything to latch onto where he might become a little bit likeable, which is hard in this day and age. As someone who routinely roots for a lot of heels because they're generally better, cooler and more interesting characters to me- his ability to do that is somewhat impressive.

Board footer