You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 07:09:44

Jayke1981

What do you think of AEW Dynamite 5 weeks in?

As of this post, AEW Dynamite is a month old. we've had 5 episodes. What has been your highlight of that first month? Who's been your favourite AEW wrestler?

Let Me In

#2 2019-11-02 12:14:56

WNSYeti
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Re: What do you think of AEW Dynamite 5 weeks in?

I'm watching OLD SCHOOL and LIVE....I'm segregating myself from Social Media and posts as well as watching it LIVE over NXT.

Irish Whip Podcast COO / Talent Relations
Wrestling News Source Contributor
Head Agitator - WNS Forums - Read weekly on @3irishboyz Podcast.

#3 2019-11-02 13:21:00

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I thought Wednesday's episode just gone was great. It felt much better produced and the flow was just right. I liked The Rock 'n' Roll Express it was unexpected and well-executed!

#4 2019-11-02 23:42:00

Majin Tween
WNS Secretary
Website Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I would say that their most recent show was definitely the best they've had. They need to keep it up, and hopefully they will.

#5 2019-11-03 02:49:13

Eldiablo316

I think the shows have been consistently good- much better than RAW and Smackdown! over the same time period. I think Dynamite is the best wrestling show on television right now.

#6 2019-11-03 11:25:02

theinudemon

I like the shows, and think they are very good so far. It's been a lot better production wise this week, and hope it can continue.

#7 2019-11-04 01:16:22

Status Tomb

Generally they have all been good but the constant drop in ratings week after week maybe concerning.

#8 2019-11-04 02:08:58

Eldiablo316

I have been concerned about the drop in ratings from week to week as well. NXT has been dropping each week, and I don't think anyone really has an explanation for why that is either. Can't blame it all on competition from other sports.

#9 2019-11-04 02:49:03

Status Tomb

Its really gonna suck if it drops for another and then the live audience starts to drop which I don't think there has been a sign of that yet. But lets hope they can pick it up someway.

With NXT getting some exposure on SD this week it may not be too long until NXT take the ratings.

#10 2019-11-04 12:40:34

tvr34448
Twitter Instagram

I think its been pretty dope, the women's division has been really strong so far and besides Darby Allin I think Orange Cassidy has been the best thing going

Admirer of all things wack

#11 2019-11-04 13:27:56

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

tvr34448 wrote:

I think its been pretty dope, the women's division has been really strong so far and besides Darby Allin I think Orange Cassidy has been the best thing going

I do think their women's division needs a little work. I think the introduction of a super heel, and somebody a little more well known could help bring some attention.

#12 2019-11-04 18:32:55

tvr34448
Twitter Instagram

Ben Kerin wrote:
tvr34448 wrote:

I do think their women's division needs a little work. I think the introduction of a super heel, and somebody a little more well known could help bring some attention.

I thought they did  decent you can tell Britt Baker is head and shoulders better than any of them, They should make Nyla Rose the super heel or try and get Tenille Dashwood full time

#13 2019-11-04 19:33:32

Jayke1981

tvr34448 wrote:
Ben Kerin wrote:
tvr34448 wrote:

I thought they did  decent you can tell Britt Baker is head and shoulders better than any of them, They should make Nyla Rose the super heel or try and get Tenille Dashwood full time

Won't be Tenille - she's signed a contract with Impact.

They need to get Awesome Kong back in.

Let Me In

#14 2019-11-04 20:11:30

tvr34448
Twitter Instagram

Jayke1981 wrote:
tvr34448 wrote:
Ben Kerin wrote:

Won't be Tenille - she's signed a contract with Impact.

They need to get Awesome Kong back in.

Kong would be awesome  how old is she now though?

#15 2019-11-04 22:03:09

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Kong would be awesome  how old is she now though?

Kong never really took off after leaving TNA. Not sure if her time is up in regards to being a major force.

#16 2019-11-05 02:51:21

Status Tomb

Im not super excited about the AEW womens division, I think it is lacking something but I'm sure it will pick up soon.
Is there a major free agent that they could sign to bring in some attention?

#17 2019-11-05 11:07:57

IronFistMaiden
Supreme Leader
Website

I still want Riho to pull a magical girl gimmick. Get a magic wand from under the ring, spin it a couple times, become "super powered". Dunno, I think it would be fun. I don't think women's wrestling will ever be a major draw in ratings though, for any product. AEW is the only thing I'm watching right now, I don't watch Dark and I think Darby Allin needs more TV time. The kid has "it". Proof we're not brainwashed from years of 80s/90s wrestling behemoths needing to be at the top as a design of the product's quality. I want Lucha Bros. to split up, I think on his own Pentagón Jr is phenomenal as a character. We're getting a lot of tag action but hopefully that's behind us as the tournament has expired. I'm not sold on the tag division yet as I was back in the late 90's. There is hope, but they need to be storyline oriented a lot more and less flippity flip matches. I don't think "action" is really what defines a product, it's the story that gives MEANING the action which defines the product on both sides of those factors. I want to like wrestling again, right now AEW is all I got that's giving an even slight chance of that happening.

I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the WNS Discord https://discord.gg/GTUc4db <-- Invite

#18 2019-11-05 15:55:53

Ahole

its like if WCW had WAYYYYY better management ...and didn't have a bunch of old washed up talent

I LOVE IT

To be the Ahole you gotta beat the Ahole

#19 2019-11-05 17:12:13

tvr34448
Twitter Instagram

IronFistMaiden wrote:

I still want Riho to pull a magical girl gimmick. Get a magic wand from under the ring, spin it a couple times, become "super powered". Dunno, I think it would be fun. I don't think women's wrestling will ever be a major draw in ratings though, for any product. AEW is the only thing I'm watching right now, I don't watch Dark and I think Darby Allin needs more TV time. The kid has "it". Proof we're not brainwashed from years of 80s/90s wrestling behemoths needing to be at the top as a design of the product's quality. I want Lucha Bros. to split up, I think on his own Pentagón Jr is phenomenal as a character. We're getting a lot of tag action but hopefully that's behind us as the tournament has expired. I'm not sold on the tag division yet as I was back in the late 90's. There is hope, but they need to be storyline oriented a lot more and less flippity flip matches. I don't think "action" is really what defines a product, it's the story that gives MEANING the action which defines the product on both sides of those factors. I want to like wrestling again, right now AEW is all I got that's giving an even slight chance of that happening.

I'm going to abuse the report post function every time you say something wack like you don't watch Dark its awesome quit being so busy your missing out on some fantastic wrestling ? ?? ☕

#20 2019-11-07 02:44:08

Jayke1981

tvr34448 wrote:

I'm going to abuse the report post function every time you say something wack like you don't watch Dark its awesome quit being so busy your missing out on some fantastic wrestling ? ?? ☕

And as they are the forum creator we are going to ignore your reports!!

Let Me In

#21 2019-11-07 20:54:58

tvr34448
Twitter Instagram

Jayke1981 wrote:
tvr34448 wrote:

And as they are the forum creator we are going to ignore your reports!!

You have to admit it was wack though ?

#22 2019-11-08 08:54:02

MartinOK

6 weeks in, AEW is doing very good. They bring something different and fresh. We are looking at talent that we have never seen before.
I have found a whole new passion for wrestling again smile

Board footer