You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-05 11:30:42

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 359

Retribution vs Inner Circle

WWE’s newest faction is going to be called Retribution. This seems like it could be an interesting faction but as usual the wrestling fans are crapping on it before the members are even revealed. What’s even funnier is that they are criticizing the name of the faction which is Retribution. The reason I find that funny is that the same fans that are criticizing the name Retribution also talk about how great the faction name Inner Circle is. I mean come on guys seriously. If your going to crap on WWE for stupid faction names then shouldn’t AEW be subjected to the same criticism. Inner Circle and Dark Order aren’t exactly great faction names either but yet you praise those names and criticize Retribution. I mean do I really need to post the definition of hypocrisy for y’all? What do you think about the name Retribution and who would you like to see be a part of it?

Offline

#2 2020-08-05 12:31:32

Tommy
Member
Registered: 2019-11-03
Posts: 165

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

Anything WWE does will get crapped on by the AEW marks. They shouldn't talk about the name Retribution as Inner Circle is the worst faction name in pro wrestling history. If DX and Evolution never existed back then and became a brand new name today the marks would crap on those names too.

Offline

#3 2020-08-05 12:45:08

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 131

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

That again links back to what I posted on your last topic, so many of the wrestling fans just cannot wait for an organisation to announce or do something whether it’s a new match concept or a stable name, so they can then slander the life out of it, most WWE fans will slander anything AEW does, most AEW fans will slander anything WWE does, it will just be a never ending cycle among fans, instead of giving things time and looking for a positive most fans are so quick to want to critique the opposite organisation.

Offline

#4 2020-08-05 14:08:06

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

I'm withholding judgement on the name Retribution until I can see who they are, as well as what their mission statement is. If the name makes sense within context, I dig it- for instance, if it's lead by someone who was wronged (kayfabe, of course) by the WWE. If they've inexplicably renamed the UE or something, it's stupid. We'll see. No judgment for now.

I don't understand your dislike of the Inner Circle name, though.

Inner Circle- an exclusive group close to the center of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive.

The name makes sense for who, and what, they are.

Offline

#5 2020-08-05 14:23:44

bswanson
Member
Registered: 2020-02-17
Posts: 14

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

its a cool name. goota love some fans they want new things wwe gives them new things yet still complain

Offline

#6 2020-08-05 14:58:15

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 359

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

HeelKing wrote:

I'm withholding judgement on the name Retribution until I can see who they are, as well as what their mission statement is. If the name makes sense within context, I dig it- for instance, if it's lead by someone who was wronged (kayfabe, of course) by the WWE. If they've inexplicably renamed the UE or something, it's stupid. We'll see. No judgment for now.

I don't understand your dislike of the Inner Circle name, though.

Inner Circle- an exclusive group close to the center of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive.

The name makes sense for who, and what, they are.

Just because it makes sense doesn’t mean it’s a good name. Let me ask you this. If WWE had used the name Inner Circle for a new faction with lets say Randy Orton as the leader prior to AEW using it would you still say it’s a good name or would you criticize it? The point I’m trying to make is certain fans call Inner Circle a good name because it’s an AEW faction but those same fans would turn around and criticize it if WWE had used the name prior to AEW using it. Hypocrisy it’s what I constantly bring up when discussing today’s wrestling fans.

Offline

#7 2020-08-05 15:02:45

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 359

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

bswanson wrote:

its a cool name. goota love some fans they want new things wwe gives them new things yet still complain

You are 100% correct. The fans complain about WWE being too boring and how they want WWE to try new things but then when WWE does try new things they complain about that too. There is no pleasing today’s wrestling fans.

Offline

#8 2020-08-05 16:06:29

bswanson
Member
Registered: 2020-02-17
Posts: 14

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

I just hope the faction is some good wreslters and not ones that have jobbed alot, also keep them winning for awhile dont bury them like with Nexus. Vince loses interest fast on things and dont want this to be the same

Offline

#9 2020-08-05 21:21:16

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

RyanP wrote:
HeelKing wrote:

I'm withholding judgement on the name Retribution until I can see who they are, as well as what their mission statement is. If the name makes sense within context, I dig it- for instance, if it's lead by someone who was wronged (kayfabe, of course) by the WWE. If they've inexplicably renamed the UE or something, it's stupid. We'll see. No judgment for now.

I don't understand your dislike of the Inner Circle name, though.

Inner Circle- an exclusive group close to the center of power of an organization or movement, regarded as elitist and secretive.

The name makes sense for who, and what, they are.

Just because it makes sense doesn’t mean it’s a good name. Let me ask you this. If WWE had used the name Inner Circle for a new faction with lets say Randy Orton as the leader prior to AEW using it would you still say it’s a good name or would you criticize it? The point I’m trying to make is certain fans call Inner Circle a good name because it’s an AEW faction but those same fans would turn around and criticize it if WWE had used the name prior to AEW using it. Hypocrisy it’s what I constantly bring up when discussing today’s wrestling fans.

I honestly don't know how to follow your take that just because it makes sense, it doesn't mean it's a good name. What more is there to naming a faction? It doesn't really matter to me who used it; be it AEW, WWE or Impact- the name should represent who and what the faction is. To your question, though- if WWE had used the name, and it made sense for the faction they applied it to, then yeah, I'd say it's a good name. If they'd have started an Inner Circle faction with Baron Corbin, when he was the "Lone Wolf", then no, I'd say it's a terrible name because it doesn't fit the gimmick. It wouldn't be any different for me if AEW named... let's say the Best Friends "Legacy" instead. I'm an AEW fan, but the name has to fit. Generally though, not too many promotions miss with faction names. That's why I'm not judging "Retribution" yet until I see more from it.

Offline

#10 2020-08-05 22:01:31

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 478

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

I think the thing is we don't know nothing about WWE's new faction other then they being involved in that vandalism (2 weeks haven't it been)..  Until reveals and more idea what their role who they after nothing to judge yet...

Offline

#11 2020-08-31 11:42:52

HellsBells90
Member
Registered: 2020-08-31
Posts: 3

Re: Retribution vs Inner Circle

Retribution reminds of The Nexus this really is nothing new for me. Why the masks? Why be heavily clothed? It didn't get me going like "Oh shit whats gonna happen next." With the world going right now this is not the way to go I know its entertainment and im sure that's not what that represents you know.

I love Inner Circle with a legend like Jericho as their leader this group is awesome. Sammy is very good. Jake Hagar is doing much better in AEW than WWE. Santana and Ortiz are a very good tag team and funny.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer