You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-30 19:49:41

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW vs WWE vs Impact Wrestling

When many have counted Impact out over the years they always have survived....  Now it looks like they competing with both AEW and WWE, with a healthy roster of talent both men and women, and so interesting storylines and characters that keeping people tuning in..   
Lately Impact have been on the  top of their game, getting some viewers both on TV  just  shy of (200,000) and their Twitch stream (6000 plus)... 
Thus I think now more than ever it great to be a wrestling fan with AEW, WWE, Impact, New Japan, and Ring of Honor when they return and so on....

#2 2020-07-31 11:54:35

GoodOldPapa

Re: AEW vs WWE vs Impact Wrestling

Impact has a way of hanging in there.  It looked rough for them back in 2017 when Anthem bought them, but looking back it appears Anthem was on the right course, trying to make them profitable again.  I wish all wrestling organizations the very best, so they can all succeed.

#3 2020-08-01 11:11:07

HeelKing

I lost interest in Impact for awhile after Kross and Scarlett departed; and the promotion started leaning a bit too heavily into the UD realm silliness, for my taste. I've started tuning in again though since Slammiversary, and I've really found the product to be pretty good. I like what they have going with the Good Brothers, EC3, Eric Young, Eddie Edwards and Ace Austin. They have a talented women's division. The stories are mostly solid. I even enjoy WrestleHouse, to an extent- although I hope they're careful not to overdo that. I'll always be an AEW first guy, I think, but if you asked to me to rank the shows in the order of my interest, I'd go:

1) Dynamite
2) NXT
3) Impact
4) AEW Dark
5) Raw
6) Smackdown

The gap is narrow between Impact and NXT, though. They're more like 2A and 2B, for me.

#4 2020-08-01 11:16:00

HeelKing

GoodOldPapa wrote:

I wish all wrestling organizations the very best, so they can all succeed.

Well said, and I echo that. If everybody does well, it presents more choices for us. That's a net positive. Competition has always made wrestling better.

Board footer