You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-23 20:42:19

RyanP

JR and Taz on AEW vs NXT

I decided to make this a topic in the forum after seeing the article on the site and I figured less trolls to deal with in the forum although I did comment on the article.JR and Taz recently did an interview on NXT vs AEW on Wednesday nights and surprise surprise they talked AEW up and crapped on NXT. Am I the only one that is getting tired of AEW talent constantly crapping on NXT’s product? If anything AEW needs to focus more on their product and less on their competition. You don’t see Triple H or NXT talent talking about AEW all the time but it seems like every other week on social media that AEW is either crapping on NXT or discussing WWE. Also correct if I’m wrong but didn’t Cody say awhile back that they were done with the petty WWE insults. It seems to me that if that is the case then Cody needs to have a chat with JR, Taz and Jericho. What do y’all think about this? Should AEW be focusing more on their product instead of their competition? Do you think the WWE insults are getting old and should be stopped?

#2 2020-07-23 21:08:00

Tommy

Re: JR and Taz on AEW vs NXT

AEWs A show constantly brags about beating WWEs C show even if it's a slim margin. I think if they put more effort into their own product and less focus on WWE then maybe they can put out a better product and top a million on a weekly basis.

As far as Tazz and JR go they're just bitter ex WWE employees who's services are no longer wanted or needed. To me JR is the greatest wrestling commentator there is but let's face it he's a shell of his former self. There comes a time where a change is needed. Also if Vince beat AEW to the punch and really wanted JR then no doubt he would have taken that WWE money and guess what? He would be saying the same thing about AEW as he says about WWE. And also for a company wanting to be their own brand and a company not worried about WWE they sure as hell like talking about them any chance they get.

Everything AEW represents in ring style like flippy moves, overly choreographed matches is the style JR has always been against. I guess money can cause you to pretend to like something.

#3 2020-07-23 22:19:30

GoodOldPapa

AEW should focus on being the best version of themselves.  Sometimes being critical  can have the opposite effect. Perfect example of that was when Mankind won the WWE title for the very first time, WCW decided to be smarky and release the result of the match because at that time Raw was on tape delay every other week.  It was the beginning of the end for WCW, and 2 years later they were gone.   JR is partially right in the sense that WWE doesn't recognize their competition, but they have always been like that ever since I've been watching them.  AEW, just focus on your own product that YOU can control, because Id hate to see you wind up like WCW did.

#4 2020-07-23 22:42:23

Tommy

GoodOldPapa wrote:

AEW should focus on being the best version of themselves.  Sometimes being critical  can have the opposite effect. Perfect example of that was when Mankind won the WWE title for the very first time, WCW decided to be smarky and release the result of the match because at that time Raw was on tape delay every other week.  It was the beginning of the end for WCW, and 2 years later they were gone.   JR is partially right in the sense that WWE doesn't recognize their competition, but they have always been like that ever since I've been watching them.  AEW, just focus on your own product that YOU can control, because Id hate to see you wind up like WCW did.

I agree with that, if you throw so much shade at your competition it could backfire like the Mankind winning the title like you mentioned. To be honest no company should recognize the other, they should focus on themselves and be the best they can be. Focusing on what the other does can become a distraction. WWE has no reason to acknowledge AEW but AEW should have no reason to acknowledge WWE. After all Cody and company stated time and time again that they're not looking to take down or compete with WWE and they just want to be an alternative product for wrestling fans.

#5 2020-07-25 07:05:15

Montana Max

I don't really have a problem with what they said, I just wish it was said differently.  The irony is that people got upset when this is exactly how most wrestling fans act in general.

#6 2020-07-25 07:28:52

RyanP

Montana Max wrote:

I don't really have a problem with what they said, I just wish it was said differently.  The irony is that people got upset when this is exactly how most wrestling fans act in general.

The difference is Taz and JR are more than your average fans they are employees of the company and when your employees are spending more time on social media trashing the competition instead of focusing on their product then as the owner of the company Tony Khan needs to decide how he’s going to handle these situations going forward. Do you tell your talent/employees to stop with the constant bashing of the competition or do you let them keep doing it?

#7 2020-07-25 10:19:15

Montana Max

Let them do it. JR and Taz are speaking highly of the company they work for, just like other WWE employees do. The point is that people are making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. If you notice nobody is speaking g about the speaking out movement anymore because peole are more focused on what JR and Taz say about AEW. Companies take pot shots at each other all the time, it's nothing new.

#8 2020-07-28 14:01:27

HC13 Aries Styles

When you work for a company you going praise the company you work for as JR and Tazz does.... They are loyal to who write and sign their paychecks....    It no different the HHH doing the same thing for NXT and shitting (if I can use that term) all over AEW or Impact or other wrestling promotions....   It done all the time  so to say it nicely enjoy the product you like... But also trying to keep a open mind....

#9 2020-07-28 14:06:23

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:
Montana Max wrote:

The difference is Taz and JR are more than your average fans they are employees of the company and when your employees are spending more time on social media trashing the competition instead of focusing on their product then as the owner of the company Tony Khan needs to decide how he’s going to handle these situations going forward. Do you tell your talent/employees to stop with the constant bashing of the competition or do you let them keep doing it?

Right it like if someone works for Ford, you wouldn't expect to drive a Chevy.... Someone works for Coke you wouldn't expect them to praise Pepsi for their soda or a contest or such they do..... Much like wrestling it a loyalty thing.... WWF/WWE did it to WCW many of of times, still yet take cheap shots  here and there, but it more hidden and on TV....   AEW does the same thing, Impact does the same thing, Ring of Honor, MLW and New Japan all does the same thing....  It's nothing new....

Board footer