You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-23 08:15:08

Y2JFanatic

Am I the only one who hates Sammy Guevara?

I think what AEW is doing is amazing. I'm a huge fan of many of their talent on the roster but there is one star of theirs that I can't stand and that is Sammy Guevara. It isn't because he's a heel currently... just can't stand him. I mean, it's his face that is pretty annoying.

Ever since he first came on AEW, he walked out to the ring with a panda hat on which was pretty stupid. I guess, even AEW finally admits the panda hat thing on Sammy was annoying 'cause they stopped doing it, I'm noticing. Sammy doesn't walk out with the panda hat on anymore which is a good start.

Sammy isn't a bad wrestler but the guy is almost in his thirties. He may look young but he isn't really. He may be almost thirty or something like that but to be honest his look... he looks like he's 12 or 13. He looks like someone from junior high. His face is so annoying that it pisses you off almost, kind of like you want to hate a bully in high school. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this, lol.

I give him props for stopping the silly panda hat thing but he still pisses me off on screen.

What are your thoughts on this guy? Are you a fan or do you agree he is annoying?

#2 2020-04-23 09:41:46

Aj29051994

Re: Am I the only one who hates Sammy Guevara?

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I think what AEW is doing is amazing. I'm a huge fan of many of their talent on the roster but there is one star of theirs that I can't stand and that is Sammy Guevara. It isn't because he's a heel currently... just can't stand him. I mean, it's his face that is pretty annoying.

Ever since he first came on AEW, he walked out to the ring with a panda hat on which was pretty stupid. I guess, even AEW finally admits the panda hat thing on Sammy was annoying 'cause they stopped doing it, I'm noticing. Sammy doesn't walk out with the panda hat on anymore which is a good start.

Sammy isn't a bad wrestler but the guy is almost in his thirties. He may look young but he isn't really. He may be almost thirty or something like that but to be honest his look... he looks like he's 12 or 13. He looks like someone from junior high. His face is so annoying that it pisses you off almost, kind of like you want to hate a bully in high school. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this, lol.

I give him props for stopping the silly panda hat thing but he still pisses me off on screen.

What are your thoughts on this guy? Are you a fan or do you agree he is annoying?

Personally I do not mind Sammy, you are more than entitled to not like him, unless he starts wrestling under a mask, there is not a great deal he can do about his face.

He might of came out to the ring in a panda hat on his first AEW, but it’s made him stand out by wearing something like that, made him get noticed on his very first show.

Sammy maybe near his thirties, but again I don’t really think Sammy can help his boyish looks, don’t get me wrong when I see him I think the same as you, that he looks about 12 years old.

What would you do, or rather what would you like to see him do that would stop him annoying you on screen like he does?

#3 2020-04-23 10:30:17

ilyem

There isn't much you can do about his face because...it's his face, I'm sure he does more jerky facial expression, but that's his character, he's a heel, and he's a decent heel, you're supposed to not like him. He's a talented wrestler, I am often rooting against him because I am a classic and like the good guy overcoming the bad guy thing, but I always enjoy his matches, he sells well, the kick from Matt Jackson still makes my jaw hurt when looking at it.

He's actually 26, he's still fairly young, I don't see how his age is a matter as he can't control how old/young he looks. MJF is 23 and he looks like he could pass for close to 30 and that's not MJF's fault that's just how he looks. The panda hat thing, hasn't been seen really since the the first episode of Dynamite aired, it's was his stand out thing, plenty of people have stuff like that Trent with his headband, Cody now with the neck tattoo, it was his thing, he stopped using it and hasn't been seen for months.

If you watch the random episodes of Being the Elite or see his Instagram, he's pretty funny and seems like a decent dude outside of the ring. I'll admit, his hair bothers me, but that's a personal opinion.

From me it seems like everything you dislike about him is fairly superficial, the panda hat, his face, and what not. I think he's meant to seem annoying as he's the obvious youngest of the inner circle, so giving off the annoying younger brother who wants to be like all the cool kids vibe is kind of the state he's in right now.

I'm not Sammy's biggest fan, but I like him overall, he's a pretty sound wrestler and plays his part well. It seems more like you hate his gimmick over actually hating him. You didn't say much about his wrestling or his abilities, just don't like him because of his face and a panda hat. So to me it seems more like you don't like his gimmick.

If I am wrong and you dislike him for other reason, let me know, if not, what could he be doing different to change your mind?

#4 2020-04-23 16:09:28

Kanejb

Celebrating a BIG ratings win for AEW yesterday!

About Sammy..I think he is a great wrestler and a real good heal. He is only like 22 or something like that, so he is just going to get better. I like him much better than Boring Corbin, or another lame heel the WWE tries to make. I will say the crooked toungue thing is very annoying. I think he will drop theat eventually, he already does it less

Board footer