You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-15 14:25:08

Y2JFanatic

Many WWE stars released could be on way to AEW now... wait for it...

So many WWE stars including WWE legend & veteran Kurt Angle were released from the company. Now I'm very sure Tony Khan and Cody has their eyes set on all of them. I'm sure they won't be able to hire them all but I'm sure some of them will be on their way to AEW... especially Drake Maverick, EC3, Aiden English, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and Eric Young.

Kurt Angle would be the most likely guy to be switching over to AEW for sure 'cause he is friends with Cody, Dustin and Jericho.

Would be cool to see Kurt make the move to AEW and I'm sure Tony is already interested in him. Don't be surprised that sometime later this year we would see Kurt make the switch to AEW. I'd like to see Kurt have matches against Jericho again and Matt Hardy as well. I'd like to see Kurt go against Kenny Omega, Adam Page and MJF. Maybe even bring in Kurt as a heel and have him join the Inner Circle? That be cool as well.

Anything is possible in wrestling so don't rule anything out.

#2 2020-04-15 15:31:58

ilyem

Re: Many WWE stars released could be on way to AEW now... wait for it...

I wouldn't say 'many', AEW is in a similar situation to WWE right now and they can't take on a ton of people, I'm sure they'll pick up a couple, but they've also stated they don't want to be a WWE graveyard/dumping ground with the signing of Matt and Brodie and the expected signings of the revival they won't wanna pick up too many more guys. I know Cody has expressed interest in EC3 but I haven't heard much about anyone else.

Either way, it's a sad day for all, and I hope they find their footing in another promotions when they can.

#3 2020-04-15 16:19:58

MaskedMadness

I doubt many, if any get signed right now considering the financial situation. Think about it. WWE is the biggest professional wrestling company in the world, and they are releasing this amount of talent to save money. AEW isn't even established in the grand scheme of things (Not being a hater, even JR has said that).

It's not realistic for AEW to go throw away money right now on a flock of talent that might not get work.

I mean, depending on how long this last, there is a real possibility that AEW doesn't even survive. Khan is a business man first, and he isn't going to hold on to AEW for a year, year and a half if there isn't fans in the stands. It's foolish to assume he would. Not getting into a debate here, but world renown scientist have said we might not have a vaccine for a year to a year and a half. If that's the case, the WWE would be in major trouble, much less AEW.

I personally don't see any of these guys getting signed any time soon. (If I HAD to predict, I would guess Gallows/Anderson would get signed).

But I honestly HOPE they all get signed. I hate that people are losing their jobs over this nasty virus. I really hope they all get signed, but it's unrealistic to assume.

#4 2020-04-15 16:39:16

Aj29051994

Y2JFanatic wrote:

So many WWE stars including WWE legend & veteran Kurt Angle were released from the company. Now I'm very sure Tony Khan and Cody has their eyes set on all of them. I'm sure they won't be able to hire them all but I'm sure some of them will be on their way to AEW... especially Drake Maverick, EC3, Aiden English, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and Eric Young.

Kurt Angle would be the most likely guy to be switching over to AEW for sure 'cause he is friends with Cody, Dustin and Jericho.

Would be cool to see Kurt make the move to AEW and I'm sure Tony is already interested in him. Don't be surprised that sometime later this year we would see Kurt make the switch to AEW. I'd like to see Kurt have matches against Jericho again and Matt Hardy as well. I'd like to see Kurt go against Kenny Omega, Adam Page and MJF. Maybe even bring in Kurt as a heel and have him join the Inner Circle? That be cool as well.

You are correct with your last sentence, as we have seen before numerous times anything is possible in wrestling, I wouldn’t mind seeing Drake Maverick and EC3 go to AEW, I’m really not sure about Eric Young I liked him in TNA before it became Impact Wrestling. Aiden English I have never been sold on from NXT to the main roster in the Vaudevillians to being associated with Rusev. Gallows and Anderson I can see just taking some time out then heading back to NJPW (when they are back up and running) more so than AEW as when they were in NJPW they were treated as major players in their tag team division.

If Kurt went to AEW, I honestly would not want to see him wrestle, I do not want to see him wrestle again, in his last few matches for WWE even when he teamed as a part of The Shield on one occasion I felt were quite laboured like he was trying to cover up injuries, don’t get me wrong what he has done in his career and some of the matches he’s had have been brilliant, I’ve always thought his match at Wrestlemania 21 against Shawn Michaels was arguably the best match he has ever had (just my personal opinion), I think he could do well coaching people and giving his knowledge to wrestlers in AEW like MJF, Darby Allin, the younger talent who would greatly benefit in the long term, as both of them are still young, I like the work both of them do in AEW, MJF feels like one of the only genuinely hated people by the fans in many years, but I feel both of them and some more in AEW could really benefit even more from Kurt’s wrestling experience and knowledge.

#5 2020-04-15 18:27:18

Y2JFanatic

Kurt may not be able to wrestle much anymore or hardly at all but he can still perform in storylines and cut promos and stuff.

If Jake Roberts can do that so can Kurt.

#6 2020-04-15 20:13:20

Kanejb

Obviously Drake Maverick?! Lol! Umm no

I think AEW will sign

Kurt Angle
Rusev
The Good Brothers
EC3
And maybe EY

That's it! AEW is already too stacked

#7 2020-04-15 20:44:45

Y2JFanatic

Kanejb wrote:

I think AEW will sign

Kurt Angle
Rusev
The Good Brothers
EC3
And maybe EY

I picked Drake 'cause AEW needs more cruiserweight/mid-card talent or Drake could just be a manger for a wrestler or something.

#8 2020-04-15 23:54:43

Kanejb

I don't think they do.. cruiserweight's are not popular. Hence 205 Live's failure. Also Drave was a spoof wrestler, not a real cruiserweight. They already have Marco stunt

#9 2020-04-16 04:16:47

Aj29051994

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Kurt may not be able to wrestle much anymore or hardly at all but he can still perform in storylines and cut promos and stuff.

If Jake Roberts can do that so can Kurt.

That’s what I’m getting at, he can still promos and work storylines, but just also I feel that behind the scenes some of the younger wrestlers could benefit hugely from Kurt being there, giving his experience and knowledge to them. I’m saying these two as it’s who I used as an example before, but I don’t feel he should be paired with either MJF or Darby on TV as MJF is already a good talker so does not need a mouthpiece with him alongside having his bodyguard Wardlow, then Darby’s character to me works as what he is, but behind the scenes Kurt could prove a big coup for AEW. Then if it fits for him to be involved in a storyline with someone, cut a few promos etc, I don’t see why he could not do that.

Last edited by Aj29051994 (2020-04-16 04:18:22)

#10 2020-04-16 17:12:08

Kanejb

Update - Arderson is going back to Japan, I can only assume Gallows is going with him, so no Good Brothers in AEW

#11 2020-04-17 12:23:00

El Pollo Loco

Kanejb wrote:

I think AEW will sign

Kurt Angle
Rusev
The Good Brothers
EC3
And maybe EY

I think AEW will sign

Kurt Angle [Backstage Creative agent or maybe GM Talent for Dynamite]
Zack Ryder [A guy that WWE never gave the chance to shine, AEW will develop him]
EC3 [a Feud with MJF will be Huge]
Gallows and Anderson [They are friends with Cody, Omega, Young Bucks, Adam Page, Matt Hardy, Jericho etc]

don't forget that soon Brian Cage probably will join AEW

#12 2020-04-17 19:28:52

Tjm1963

Aj29051994 wrote:
Y2JFanatic wrote:

You are correct with your last sentence, as we have seen before numerous times anything is possible in wrestling, I wouldn’t mind seeing Drake Maverick and EC3 go to AEW, I’m really not sure about Eric Young I liked him in TNA before it became Impact Wrestling. Aiden English I have never been sold on from NXT to the main roster in the Vaudevillians to being associated with Rusev. Gallows and Anderson I can see just taking some time out then heading back to NJPW (when they are back up and running) more so than AEW as when they were in NJPW they were treated as major players in their tag team division.

If Kurt went to AEW, I honestly would not want to see him wrestle, I do not want to see him wrestle again, in his last few matches for WWE even when he teamed as a part of The Shield on one occasion I felt were quite laboured like he was trying to cover up injuries, don’t get me wrong what he has done in his career and some of the matches he’s had have been brilliant, I’ve always thought his match at Wrestlemania 21 against Shawn Michaels was arguably the best match he has ever had (just my personal opinion), I think he could do well coaching people and giving his knowledge to wrestlers in AEW like MJF, Darby Allin, the younger talent who would greatly benefit in the long term, as both of them are still young, I like the work both of them do in AEW, MJF feels like one of the only genuinely hated people by the fans in many years, but I feel both of them and some more in AEW could really benefit even more from Kurt’s wrestling experience and knowledge.

fully agree with this  Kurt better off as advisor or a manger if in any place. nowadays.

#13 2020-04-23 22:44:56

RyanP

I agree with most of what you say but I would like to point out that if AEW were to sign even a handful of these released wrestlers then they would be in the same boat as WWE. Overstocked roster and not enough TV time for everyone which if I’m not mistaken is something that WWE gets criticized for all the time.

#14 2020-04-24 17:02:07

Tommy

RyanP wrote:

I agree with most of what you say but I would like to point out that if AEW were to sign even a handful of these released wrestlers then they would be in the same boat as WWE. Overstocked roster and not enough TV time for everyone which if I’m not mistaken is something that WWE gets criticized for all the time.

And remember when everyone used the phrase "WWE isn't the end all be all"? It seems now that AEW thinks they're the end all be all.

Board footer