You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-17 16:13:16

RyanP

Should the shows go on?

Given the current climate with the Coronavirus should WWE stop doing shows(WM,SD,Raw,NXT) and should AEW do the same thing with Dynamite?

As much as I enjoy WWE I’m not sure an empty performance center is a viable long term solution with their storylines and personnel and the same can be said with dynamite. On a side note I find it kind of hypocritical that the fans that are criticizing WWE for continuing on with their shows haven’t said a word about AEW continuing to do their shows.
What do you y’all think? Should the shows go on? Do you think that fans are being a bit hypocritical criticizing only WWE for continuing events when AEW is doing the same thing?

#2 2020-03-17 16:29:41

GoodOldPapa

Re: Should the shows go on?

In the interest of fairness, all promotions should have to cancel if the decision is made to cancel current and future events.

#3 2020-03-17 16:52:19

RyanP

GoodOldPapa wrote:

In the interest of fairness, all promotions should have to cancel if the decision is made to cancel current and future events.

I completely agree with you but it just seems to me that a lot of people in the comment sections are criticizing just WWE for continuing their shows when AEW is doing the same thing. Just seems kinda hypocritical in my opinion.

#4 2020-03-17 17:45:43

HC13 Aries Styles

If not cancel, they should scale back the current shows, they already struggling , to fill time and the show...  Take Smackdown last week showing the Tag Team Elimination  Chamber, then on Raw showing the Royal Rumble from this year...
I take AEW will do much the same with some hi-lights from it PPVs til things get back to normal, when ever that may be??

But at the same time those who are on these shows is showing lots of dedication...

#5 2020-03-17 17:56:54

Tommy

I think they should shut it all down. The episodes of Raw and SmackDown show that the empty arena is not going to work. I can see WWE running Mania then go on a hiatus until this clears. They even sense themselves that it's not working out to run full shows. Look at Raw, one 4 minute match the rest meaningless promos and almost two hours of the show was the rumble shown in full. That tells me they can't do a full show in there. Just shut it down completely. Let's see how AEW reacts to it after their first show but I think they should just shut it down too.

#6 2020-03-18 01:29:27

Jayke1981

I have to agree, shut it down. Raw and Smackdown can limp to Wrestlemania in 2 weeks, but I say treat Wrestlemania as a season finale. Then come back in time for Summerslam. If the guys can keep or start feuds on Social media, then so be it. Lets see how creative the superstars can be on their own time.

Let Me In

#7 2020-03-18 07:10:10

bswanson

RyanP wrote:
GoodOldPapa wrote:

I completely agree with you but it just seems to me that a lot of people in the comment sections are criticizing just WWE for continuing their shows when AEW is doing the same thing. Just seems kinda hypocritical in my opinion.

this is true

Board footer