You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-11 01:49:11

HC13 Aries Styles

Thoughts on if AEW should do a Studio Show/Monthly taping

Lots of people say AEW don't showcase some of it talent when it does  with both AEW Dynamite and AEW Dark...
But, I was thinking with talks of TNT/TBS/Turner having a 3rd hour of TV for AEW sometime down the road, guessing by this summer or fall??   Some are saying they might move Dark to TV??   So I say why not have a studio style show/small arena taping  for a 3rd show can tape monthly (4 shows) much like that of WCW Saturday Night or WCW World Wide/Pro or Impact..  Thus keeping AEW Dark on YouTube or putting such a show on Youtube and bringing Dark on TV??
So what y'all thoughts???

#2 2020-03-13 02:03:06

TheAce

Re: Thoughts on if AEW should do a Studio Show/Monthly taping

They need to avoid the trap WWE had with Velocity, Main Event, Heat etc...

They were literally shows no-one cared about, plus even the wrestlers on there knew that they were stuck (unless they were a brand new talent)

I don't see any need for AEW to make an extra show, just let the roster not in constant use build up their profile on the indies (like WWE do) and then bring them in when they start heating up and another member of the roster is injured or taking some time away.

#3 2020-03-14 14:47:03

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: Thoughts on if AEW should do a Studio Show/Monthly taping

TheAce wrote:

They need to avoid the trap WWE had with Velocity, Main Event, Heat etc...

They were literally shows no-one cared about, plus even the wrestlers on there knew that they were stuck (unless they were a brand new talent)

I don't see any need for AEW to make an extra show, just let the roster not in constant use build up their profile on the indies (like WWE do) and then bring them in when they start heating up and another member of the roster is injured or taking some time away.

Again I disagree as with more exposure can be good for them to grow their audience...  Plus with a roster of nearly 75 talents, would offer them another avenue and a day to work...   
I go back to time when  say the NWA had World Championship Wrestling, they also had their Saturday morning show(which became the Power Hour then eventually Pro) and the Sunday show which eventually became the Main Event, as well as World Wide and Pro in syndication from the 1980s to the mid 1990s..  I feel to grow exposure is needed...

Board footer