You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-03 09:37:09

Kanejb

AEW attendance

I know there are a few WWE marks just hoping and praying for AEW's downfall, and it was reported earlier in the week about some slumping ticket sales. Since then Revolution sold out, the Denver Dynamite had a big bump after Revolution, and New Jersey dynamite sold 10,000 the first day and will most likely set an all time attendance record for AEW.

People can say all they want, there is no other company other than WWE that sold 10 k the first day for a t.v taping!

Add in the fact Thier great roster with more to come (Harper, Cage, and possibly Hardy) and I don't see attendance dwindling anytime soon

#2 2020-03-03 10:47:27

RyanP

Re: AEW attendance

Kanejb wrote:

I know there are a few WWE marks just hoping and praying for AEW's downfall, and it was reported earlier in the week about some slumping ticket sales. Since then Revolution sold out, the Denver Dynamite had a big bump after Revolution, and New Jersey dynamite sold 10,000 the first day and will most likely set an all time attendance record for AEW.

People can say all they want, there is no other company other than WWE that sold 10 k the first day for a t.v taping!

Add in the fact Thier great roster with more to come (Harper, Cage, and possibly Hardy) and I don't see attendance dwindling anytime soon

I am a WWE fan but I definitely don’t want to see AEW fail. I can’t speak for everyone else but my beef with AEW isn’t so much the in ring product itself but the inconsistencies from AEW management and the hypocrisy of the AEW fanbase(not necessarily the entire fanbase.) I’ll elaborate further. When AEW was first announced Cody and the other leaders of the company said they werent going to be competition for WWE but an alternative to WWE and they said they were going to be original. Since then they seem to go back and forth on the statement with every interview they do whether it’s Cody,Jericho, Young Bucks or Omega they can’t seem to make up their minds whether they are WWE’s competition or not and the shots they take at WWE are getting a bit old and even Cody himself has said they need to focus more on their product and less on the shots at WWE. As far as being original goes. Can you really make that statement when a good portion of your product is based off of PPV names and at least one gimmick match from a company (WCW) which is out of business? As far the attendance goes. I’ve said from the beginning of this whole “war” when the viewership ratings started coming in that wrestling wasn’t as popular as it was 10-20 years ago and like it or not the numbers prove it. I would also like to point out if this was an article or forum topic about low WWE attendance AEW fans(not necessarily you) would be predicting WWE’s demise but when it’s AEW having attendance issues it’s not that big of a deal. Like I said I want to see AEW succeed but the inconsistency in management statements and the blatant hypocrisy from part of the AEW fanbase make it difficult for me personally to get behind the in ring product.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-03-03 19:22:53)

#3 2020-03-03 13:10:07

Tommy

I don't think anyone is TRULY hoping anyone goes out of business. But when people do say it I see it more so AEW fans ready to put the nail in WWEs coffin.

Back to the topic. Post ppvs usually do see a attendance spike. It'll happen everywhere with Revolution as you said but post Mania I think we'll see as well. Regardless though we're in a slow period of wrestling as a whole. Sure there are plenty of options available more now then ever but the industry as a whole isn't where it should be and ratings and ticket sales reflect that.

Last edited by Tommy (2020-03-03 13:12:03)

#4 2020-03-03 20:33:26

Y2JFanatic

Yeah, the Dynamite arenas may look half full but I think their Revolution ppv will help their Dynamite shows. I used to believe that WWE will destroy AEW but I don't think so now. I believe AEW will just get bigger and bigger and AEW will be around for a very long time. They'll be around longer than WCW anyway.

I'm not on one side either as I am a huge fan of both WWE and AEW 'cause I watch both of them. I just love to watch as much professional wrestling as possible 'cause I love it so much. I want both companies to succeed too.

Tony Khan is a great businessman and he is a great promoter. I really am surprised by that young man and he's only 37 years old!

#5 2020-03-05 09:50:33

Y2JFanatic

This post is right on the money. Revolution PPV helped Dynamite tickets big time... last night's AEW "Dynamite" had a full arena pretty much.

Board footer