You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-03 14:57:17

RyanP

Wellness Policies

It has been reported that it’s quite possible that AEW doesn’t have a wellness policy. What do y’all think about this?

Given the history of drug use in the wrestling business I think you need to have wellness policies in place no matter what kind of healthcare system you have in place. You want examples of why wellness policies are needed especially in the wrestling business it’s because of guys like Eddie Guerrero,Chris Benoit, The British Bulldog and the countless other former superstars that have passed away because of drug issues and more recently Jeff Hardy is a prime example of why wellness policies are needed in the wrestling business. I can’t even see how the most devoted AEW fans would find it acceptable that they don’t have a wellness policy in place.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-03-03 14:58:49)

#2 2020-03-03 15:06:34

Tommy

Re: Wellness Policies

I think everyone needs to step in and create a wellness policy. It's a shame it took something bad such as the Benoit situation for WWE to implement one. WWE learned from it the hard way and for AEW to apparently not have one is flat out reckless on their part. ALL organizations should look at the same tragedies WWE had to and implement one.

#3 2020-03-03 19:07:36

Kanejb

Lol! I swear people will try and find any reason to not like AEW! As "one of the most devoted" as you say..I could care less. The wwe's wellness policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on..none of the major sports are. I am a pretty serious weight lifted, and let me assure you, wellness policy or not, they will still do what they need to get the results they desire. The wellness policy is just to protect the company against lawsuits, it doesn't actually help someone to stay healthy.

So if anything this post should be about why is AEW not covering themselves against a potential lawsuit. That is my biggest concern.

#4 2020-03-03 19:39:34

Tommy

Kanejb wrote:

Lol! I swear people will try and find any reason to not like AEW! As "one of the most devoted" as you say..I could care less. The wwe's wellness policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on..none of the major sports are. I am a pretty serious weight lifted, and let me assure you, wellness policy or not, they will still do what they need to get the results they desire. The wellness policy is just to protect the company against lawsuits, it doesn't actually help someone to stay healthy.

So if anything this post should be about why is AEW not covering themselves against a potential lawsuit. That is my biggest concern.

To be fair WWE offers help like rehab as part of their wellness policy. Some times it's up to the individual to accept help, after all they're all adults with choices in life. Case in point Umaga. He was offered help but declined and look what happened.

Is the wellness policy perfect? Absolutely not. Will people do what it takes to beat the tests and hide the fact they're using? Yes. We can't always blame one particular party as to why it's affective or not. These adults who make choices need to be held accountable and we as fans and people in the media can't always be blaming WWE.

Board footer