You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-02 11:47:59

Y2JFanatic

AEW continues to steal more stuff from WWE...

So let me get this straight, AEW continues to maintain that they are not at war with WWE and they continue to claim they are just an "alternative" but all I see through AEW shows over the past year is them stealing content from WWE continuously.

I mean come on.... lets review this stuff:

-AEW stole "Bash at the Beach" from WWE and got away with that somehow
-Now AEW is doing their own War Games kind of match after NXT started doing it
-You see AEW stars doing moves from WWE guys like Mysterio's 619, Triple H's pedigree, Ric Flair's walk, etc. I can go on.
-Shayna bites Becky on RAW, now you see AEW wrestlers doing some biting on their "Revolution" ppv... MJF biting Cody's foot and Jericho biting Moxley.

Try and defend AEW on this one 'cause I bet you can't. The evidence of AEW stealing content from WWE is all right here.

No doubt in my mind, Tony Khan is watching WWE very closely and secretly keeping an eye on them.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2020-03-02 14:36:54)

#2 2020-03-02 12:07:22

Tommy

Re: AEW continues to steal more stuff from WWE...

Guevara's shirt is also a lot like Seth Rollins shirt.

#3 2020-03-02 13:06:39

Kanejb

Wow! There  is so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to start, lol! First the most obvious points. Bash and war games were created by wcw. So if anything AEW is coping them, not WWE.

2. AEW is an alternative, but they are in the same business, and are trying to reach the same fans, doing the same thing (wrestling). You really think it's realistic for AEW to literally do nothing WWE does? It's like someone making fun of Pepsi because Thier cola is brown like Coke's.

3. It's smart business practice to do what works. If they see wrestling fans like it, then why not? I guarantee they don't do the bad stuff about WWE( and there's a shit ton), or the stuff that doesn't work.

4. AEW has also done plenty of original things (which you fail to mention). Some don't work, but atleast they try.

5., you are not revealing anything about Kahn that isn't obvious. Of course he keeps up with WWE. He would he a fool not to. And of course he will deny it. Much like Vince denied it. He doesn't view AEW as a threat yet he moved nXt to Wednesday, put main roster people on it, and grossly over pays people just so they won't go there.....which he should do.

Lastly, I think most fans don't care if they incorporate things from other companies that work. I would love to see a Royal rumble type match in aew, or a 3 person tag team belt like njpw. A mix of what works in wrestling, and trying original stuff is what they need to do. Like when they had dynamite on that cruise ship...awesome!! It was different, but not completely (wcw had done similar things) . That's just going to happen...it's wrestling

#4 2020-03-02 15:20:40

RyanP

Kanejb wrote:

Wow! There  is so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to start, lol! First the most obvious points. Bash and war games were created by wcw. So if anything AEW is coping them, not WWE.

2. AEW is an alternative, but they are in the same business, and are trying to reach the same fans, doing the same thing (wrestling). You really think it's realistic for AEW to literally do nothing WWE does? It's like someone making fun of Pepsi because Thier cola is brown like Coke's.

3. It's smart business practice to do what works. If they see wrestling fans like it, then why not? I guarantee they don't do the bad stuff about WWE( and there's a shit ton), or the stuff that doesn't work.

4. AEW has also done plenty of original things (which you fail to mention). Some don't work, but atleast they try.

5., you are not revealing anything about Kahn that isn't obvious. Of course he keeps up with WWE. He would he a fool not to. And of course he will deny it. Much like Vince denied it. He doesn't view AEW as a threat yet he moved nXt to Wednesday, put main roster people on it, and grossly over pays people just so they won't go there.....which he should do.

Lastly, I think most fans don't care if they incorporate things from other companies that work. I would love to see a Royal rumble type match in aew, or a 3 person tag team belt like njpw. A mix of what works in wrestling, and trying original stuff is what they need to do. Like when they had dynamite on that cruise ship...awesome!! It was different, but not completely (wcw had done similar things) . That's just going to happen...it's wrestling

I’m not saying your completely wrong but when AEW was first announced they said they were looking  to be an alternative to WWE not competition to WWE and that they were going to be original the examples being win/loss records and that they were going to listen more closely to the fans and change things faster if the fans weren’t into someone or if they got behind someone who wasn’t getting a push. Have they lived up to some of those statements? Yes but at the same time they can’t seem to make up their mind about whether they’re competition to WWE or whether they should be taking shots at WWE as evidenced by their constant flip flopping on every other interview about the subject. Are they stealing some of WWE’s stuff? Absolutely. Is that just part of the business? Absolutely but if your going to advertise your business as an original alternative then shouldn’t you be coming up with your own product ideas instead of using product ideas from a company that went out of business?

#5 2020-03-02 16:52:10

Extreme_Ash

Everyone around the world in wrestling has done the ric flair walk..... 619 was used in japan before rey did it ...... cm punk used the pedigree as his finisher in ROH before he used the gts...... and ppl have been biting ppl in wrestling way before shayna did it to becky so i dont see your point AT ALL.  Also cody has been trademarking old wcw stuff his father had a hand in creating so yeahhh and the war games thing isnt the same as nxt's because it will have a top on it like wcw's war games...

#6 2020-03-02 17:47:01

HC13 Aries Styles

Y2JFanatic wrote:

So let me get this straight, AEW continues to maintain that they are not at war with WWE and they continue to claim they are just an "alternative" but all I see through AEW shows over the past year is them stealing content from WWE continuously.

I mean come on.... lets review this stuff:

-AEW stole "Bash at the Beach" from WWE and got away with that somehow
-Now AEW is doing their own War Games kind of match after NXT started doing it
-You see AEW stars doing moves from WWE guys like Mysterio's 619, Triple H's pedigree, Ric Flair's walk, etc. I can go on.
-Shayna bites Becky on RAW, now you see AEW wrestlers doing some biting on their "Revolution" ppv... MJF biting Cody's foot and Jericho biting Moxley.

Try and defend AEW on this one 'cause I bet you can't. The evidence of AEW stealing content from WWE is all right here.

No doubt in my mind, Tony Khan is watching WWE very closely and secretly keeping an eye on them.

WWE didn't have Bash at the Beach copyrighted or Trademarked....
What NXT does really isn't War Games, it nothing more then a plan 2 ring cage  match with no top the cage, and their rules being pinfall and submission...   Way different then the WCW rules which was Submit or Surrender  and I guess the AEW Rules which will probably be the same as the old WCW rules..
As for the moves and acts most of the Mysterio's 619 orginally came from New Japan Tiger Mask,  and many other wrestlers have done this move even changing the name to the area code they from.. 
The Pedigree is nothing more then a Double Underhook Facebuster, while made famous for being both HHH, and Chyna's move now Seth Rollins uses the move, others have uses it...
As for the Flair walk/strut, it have been done by many and many will say it belongs or came from other, one being Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers, another being Jackie Fargo....
As for the biting, and etc, lots of stuff are done in the heat of the moment, esp brawls and feuds..

So really they not stealing nothing from the WWE, as they are taking it from other eras and wrestlers in the History of Wrestling...

Board footer