You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-21 12:35:15

RyanP

AEW taking shots at WWE. Good or bad?

After a discussion I had in the comment section with an AEW fan about Cody’s action figure with the hammer being a shot at WWE/Triple H I thought I would bring the topic to the forum.He didn’t have a problem with the shot at WWE so I thought I would pose this question here for other AEW fans to weigh in on the subject. Should AEW be taking shots at WWE or should they be focusing on their own product.
I don’t have any skin in the game on this subject since I don’t watch AEW but it seems to me that they should focus more on their product not taking shots at WWE. It also doesn’t help that the leadership can’t seem to decide whether they should or shouldn’t be taking shots at WWE. Cody recently said that they were done with taking shots at WWE then this toy line comes out and tells a different story. If they’re going to take shots at WWE that’s fine but at least own up to it and stick with it don’t back away from it when your called out on it which is what they seem to do with each interview they do. People watch AEW to get away from WWE and one would think they wouldn’t want AEW associating themselves with WWE even it is to take shot at them. What do y’all think about this subject?

Last edited by RyanP (2020-02-21 12:36:57)

#2 2020-02-21 13:34:46

GoodOldPapa

Re: AEW taking shots at WWE. Good or bad?

I watch AEW each week.  They should focus on being the best version of themselves, and not worry about taking shots at WWE.  As you said, most people tune to see an alternative to WWE, so AEW should focus on what they can do to differentiate themselves from WWE.

#3 2020-02-21 15:36:20

Tommy

Worry about making yourselves a better product and stop thinking about and talking about a company you're supposedly not competing with.

#4 2020-02-21 22:21:01

MaskedMadness

It's dumb for a company that keeps saying "we aren't at war with them".

The arrogance of it all is why I'm having a hard time getting behind AEW. They are awfully full of themselves to be a start up promotion lead by a mid card wrestler in Cody. While I have a great level of respect for Dustin Runnels mind for the business, they wouldn't have ever got a real foot on the ground if not for Chris Jericho and Jim Ross.

#5 2020-02-21 22:42:04

HC13 Aries Styles

Sometime one have to make them self known to be known... As is the case with AEW with their random little shots here and there (they really not over doing it)... WWF done it in the 1990s with their shots at WCW with the Billionaire Ted, the Nacho Man,  Scheme Gene, and Hogan shots... WCW did it giving away taped spoilers of Raw when Raw would tape shows....

Like I said keep it limited not like the above examples the WWF and WCW did in the 1990s...

#6 2020-02-22 09:46:48

Y2JFanatic

AEW claims they aren't at war with WWE but you know it's a lie. If they aren't then why do they continue take shots and stealing a lot of material from WWE? I mean, hell, AEW just had their first cage match and they made their cage way higher than Hell in a Cell. That isn't an attack at WWE? Of course it is, lol...

#7 2020-02-22 20:41:37

Tjm1963

Y2JFanatic wrote:

AEW claims they aren't at war with WWE but you know it's a lie. If they aren't then why do they continue take shots and stealing a lot of material from WWE? I mean, hell, AEW just had their first cage match and they made their cage way higher than Hell in a Cell. That isn't an attack at WWE? Of course it is, lol...

fully agree and wish this would be a friendly  rivalry.

#8 2020-02-22 21:15:54

HC13 Aries Styles

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Same with the WWE not mentioning it on TV much, but usually when they do take jabs it hidden within... Also knowing many wrestlers want to jump ship and go else-where they doing their best to keep them there as long as possible even offering some more money..     Thing is both will take shots at each other some visible some not so...

Board footer