You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-07 17:02:04

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Weekly Ratings


Both AEW and NXT increase after last week's low dips. AEW has a slight increase - and NXT increases by 233,000.  For the first time though, NXT is nipping at the heels of AEW. the difference in viewers is only a few thousand. Is this a change in fortune for NXT? or just down to the Survivor Series storyline? stay tuned!


Let Me In

Offline

#2 2019-11-07 18:17:25

Tommy
Member
Registered: 2019-11-03
Posts: 74

Re: Weekly Ratings

I think the main concern is the ratings following the World Series. Everyone made excuses for the ratings drop thinking that the World Series caused it however an increase of ONLY 33,000 after the World Series isn't nothing for AEW. Let's face it the buzz is wearing off. I would not be surprised one bit if NXT surpasses them and it stays that way. With the much bigger increase in favor of NXT shows that the MLB playoffs affected them more so AEW.

Offline

#3 2019-11-07 19:31:35

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
From: England, United Kingdom
Registered: 2019-10-07
Posts: 192
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Re: Weekly Ratings

WWE is slowly going to drip feed the main roster to get their viewership up for NXT. That’s something they can do that AEW can’t, unless they go outside the box and bring in big names and legends.

Offline

#4 2019-11-08 12:02:14

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 63

Re: Weekly Ratings

Jayke1981 wrote:

Both AEW and NXT increase after last week's low dips. AEW has a slight increase - and NXT increases by 233,000.  For the first time though, NXT is nipping at the heels of AEW. the difference in viewers is only a few thousand. Is this a change in fortune for NXT? or just down to the Survivor Series storyline? stay tuned!

The Survivor Series storyline is getting more eyes on NXT especially with the NXT superstars appearing on both Raw/SD. People who normally just watch Raw/SD got a glimpse of NXT and that could lead to more viewers tuning in to watch NXT. Now the big question is what will NXT do after Survivor Series to maintain the momentum gained from the Survivor Series storyline? Do they incorporate main roster stars into NXT storylines to keep viewers tuned in after Survivor Series or do they stick with their current NXT roster and not utilize main roster stars? Definitely going to be interesting to see what direction NXT goes after Survivor Series.

Offline

#5 2019-11-14 16:47:53

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


AEW's PPV Fallout boosts their ratings, and NXT drops by 8%.


Let Me In

Offline

#6 2019-11-17 21:32:14

Status Tomb
Member
Registered: 2019-11-04
Posts: 24

Re: Weekly Ratings

I' m just glad both had increases for the first time.

There is more of buzz around the WWE product at the moment for sure, now would be great time for AEW to sign a well known name to get some attention on them.

Offline

#7 2019-11-18 11:38:17

IronFistMaiden
Former Supreme Leader
From: Somewhere in the Universe
Registered: 2019-10-03
Posts: 39
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Re: Weekly Ratings

Status Tomb wrote:

I' m just glad both had increases for the first time.

There is more of buzz around the WWE product at the moment for sure, now would be great time for AEW to sign a well known name to get some attention on them.

I've been saying for awhile that AEW needs that "Razor jumps over the barricade" moment. Something huge, incoming, game changing, surprising.


I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the decentralized WNS Social Network Wrestlr.Social - Unhook yourself from corporate bs
Decentralized WNS Messenger ProtocolIRC Chat (Come during live events)

Offline

#8 2019-11-18 14:05:06

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

Jayke1981 wrote:

AEW's PPV Fallout boosts their ratings, and NXT drops by 8%.

I think this the Wednesday the 13th show change the fact with NXT dropping to 750,000 and AEW rising to 957,000.. Though I think with that the Holiday shows will tell more..     Even though the WWE have sent some main talent to NXT it haven't created the an effect that ratings stay consistant...  Then With AEW they have stayed around the million viewer mark up or below  by 100 thousand for 4 of their 7 shows..

Offline

#9 2019-11-18 14:09:08

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

RyanP wrote:
Jayke1981 wrote:

Both AEW and NXT increase after last week's low dips. AEW has a slight increase - and NXT increases by 233,000.  For the first time though, NXT is nipping at the heels of AEW. the difference in viewers is only a few thousand. Is this a change in fortune for NXT? or just down to the Survivor Series storyline? stay tuned!

The Survivor Series storyline is getting more eyes on NXT especially with the NXT superstars appearing on both Raw/SD. People who normally just watch Raw/SD got a glimpse of NXT and that could lead to more viewers tuning in to watch NXT. Now the big question is what will NXT do after Survivor Series to maintain the momentum gained from the Survivor Series storyline? Do they incorporate main roster stars into NXT storylines to keep viewers tuned in after Survivor Series or do they stick with their current NXT roster and not utilize main roster stars? Definitely going to be interesting to see what direction NXT goes after Survivor Series.

I think they going to stay involved esp come Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania for story-lines,  but will it make a difference for their ratings??

Offline

#10 2019-11-21 17:18:40

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


NXT finally takes the lead in the ratings - but AEW maintains the lead in the demographics.


Let Me In

Offline

#11 2019-11-25 19:52:28

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

Jayke1981 wrote:

NXT finally takes the lead in the ratings - but AEW maintains the lead in the demographics.

23,000 viewership difference...  Think with this week being the Survivor Series and War Games fall out show for NXT, and as well as the eve of Thanksgiving it will be interesting to see how viewership plays out??

Offline

#12 2019-11-29 05:33:04

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

Because of Thanksgiving in the States, The Ratings for Wednesday won't be revealed until Monday. As soon as it drops, I'll post it here.


Let Me In

Offline

#13 2019-12-04 02:07:46

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


AEW figures drop significantly. for the first time since AEW started, they dropped out of the top 10. AEW may have beaten NXT on demographics, but NXT beat AEW by 150,000 or so.


Let Me In

Offline

#14 2019-12-06 02:15:48

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


AEW regains the lead JUST. It returns to the top ten as well. I think we are finding a glass ceiling of 900,000 now that the shows have now settled into their timeslots


Let Me In

Offline

#15 2019-12-13 03:13:01

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


And we are tied. For the first time NXT and AEW have the same viewers! 778k.


Let Me In

Offline

#16 2019-12-20 08:40:13

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings


NXT beats AEW for the first time outright. Surprisingly, both shows were really low on the ratings chart - AEW get the lowest for both of them at #30


Let Me In

Offline

#17 2020-01-03 15:26:47

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

New Year's Day Ratings: AEW .36 and 967,000 (13th rank) NXT .15 and 548,000 (66th rank)

NXT's low rating may be down to it being pre-recorded and effectively a highlights show.


Let Me In

Offline

#18 2020-01-10 14:50:12

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

This week's ratings has AEW at 6th with a .36 and 947,000 NXT was .19 and 721,000. The demographic remains low for NXT so they remain out of the top 50 for the second week in a row.


Let Me In

Offline

#19 2020-01-17 05:20:46

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

AEW: 940,000
NXT: 700,000


Let Me In

Offline

#20 2020-01-24 06:07:18

sportsnews
Member
From: India
Registered: 2020-01-02
Posts: 54
Website
Facebook Twitter

Re: Weekly Ratings

Both NXT and AEW looks great after they involve in competition.

Offline

#21 2020-01-24 07:30:13

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

AEW Dynamite on TNT was taped this week having been filmed on Chris Jericho's cruise. The episode drew 871,000 viewers against the 769,000 viewers that NXT drew on the USA Network.

I'd say we are at the core ratings. And I'd say both companies would be happy with this.


Let Me In

Offline

#22 2020-01-31 03:11:37

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

AEW Dynamite won the night with 828,000 total live viewers and WWE NXT had 712,000 viewers. In the coveted 18-49 demographic, AEW Dynamite was the third most-watched show on cable on Wednesday night and NXT ranked as the 37th most-watched show on cable for the night.


Let Me In

Offline

#23 2020-02-14 09:46:09

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

AEW still maintaining their lead over NXT, but they did drop a several thousand, NXT is pretty much even.


Let Me In

Offline

#24 2020-02-20 17:40:56

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

The ratings are in for this week's Wednesday Night Was and AEW have won the week again.

This week's AEW Dynamite on TNT drew 893,000 viewers, which is up on last week's 817,000. They drew a 0.31 rating in the 18-49 demographic, which is up from the previous 0.30.

As for WWE NXT on USA Network, it did 794,000 viewers, which is up from last week's 757,000. They drew a 0.25 rating in the 18-49 demographic, which is up from 0.24 rating as last week.


Let Me In

Offline

#25 Yesterday 03:44:15

Jayke1981
Moderator
From: Leicester
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 97

Re: Weekly Ratings

Dynamite drew an average of 865,000 live viewers and NXT drew an average of 717,000 viewers. Dynamite was headlined by the weigh-in between Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley and NXT was headlined by Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair.

What is interesting this week is that AEW won in every demo category, including viewers over 50 years old.

Here is the demo breakdown for both shows:

Viewers 18-49 – AEW: 0.30 / NXT: 0.23
Female viewers 18-49 – AEW: 0.21 / NXT: 0.14
Male viewers 18-49 – AEW: 0.40 / NXT: 0.33
Viewers 18-34 – AEW: 0.21 / NXT: 0.13
Female viewers 12-34 – AEW: 0.13 / NXT: 0.06
Male viewers 12-34 – AEW: 0.24 / NXT: 0.14
Viewers 25-54 – AEW: 0.34 / NXT: 0.29
Viewers 50+ – AEW: 0.36 / NXT: 0.34


Let Me In

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer