You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-26 15:18:51

HC13 Aries Styles

Orange Cassidy popularity

He's a popular fan favorite, but does he have what it take to be a champion???    I really want to take him more serious,  cause when he not playing he can go, he can wrestle he can move, and he can counter for counter go....   So question, what do y'all think of Orange Cassidy over-all being involved in the 3 way AEW World title match with Kenny Omega and PAC??? Can he  be taken serious, or will his comedy  show-act out shine his ability???

#2 2021-05-27 16:51:27

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Re: Orange Cassidy popularity

I like him. I like the gimmick, but I'm not sure I see him as AEW Champion or any heavyweight champion of any promotion. That's not a knock, just don't think he is there yet or needs to be.

#3 2021-05-27 18:18:23

RyanP

I don’t watch AEW regularly but is it possible he was added to the match as way to protect Omega and PAC by having him take the pin/submission?

#4 2021-05-28 13:19:04

ilyem

In this case, AEW kind of backed themselves into a corner, I am of the belief that Hangman is going to be the one to take the title off of Kenny, but I don't believe it'll be until the PPV in September, just so Kenny can get that really long title reign, however, Hangman had the rankings to be his match at this PPV and so with him losing that match to Bryan Cage he went down in the rankings and Orange Cassidy took over the number one spot, he has too many fans for them to just ignore that so there was no way they could not put him in that match. He is a legit wrestler, he can do spots, I think if they want to make him more of the main event guy they are have to extend or make alterations to his character. He's great, I love the guy but I think this was more AEW backed themselves into the corner with their ranking systems and it being 'wins and losses matter' and as of right now he's number 1 ranked so they had to put him in that match. I believe Pac was brought in because he's number 2 and he's not known for being a 'comedy wrestler' so he brings more of a legitimate feeling to the match and he's had bouts with Kenny before.

Overall, I think it'll be a good match, I don't know if Orange will take the pin or submission. In my opinion, I feel like they should have built Bryan Cage up a bit more and made him the number one contender and have him put the FTW belt up so Kenny could continue his 'belt collector' gimmick he has going on. I just think it was a matter of AEw had backed themselves into a corner so they had to get Hangman out of the number one spot and it just so fell that OC was behind him so they had to make it work.

Board footer