You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-20 10:20:14

HC13 Aries Styles

Will we get a Surprise at Double or Nothing this year

Normally AEW is known to tease a surprise each PPV be it a debut or something else of such a announcement....
Last year Brian Cage debuted,  other PPVS have seen various debuts and such as well Christian Cage, Full Gear seen several special appearances.... So what to expect this year???    What do you think, who could show up this year???

I myself is thinking maybe Tessa Blanchard if anyone, then maybe someone from Japan, or Mexico or elsewhere...

#2 2021-05-20 12:45:16

GoodOldPapa

Re: Will we get a Surprise at Double or Nothing this year

They did have a ? mark in one of the graphics last night for the Battle Royale.  At this pint Im unsure, because just about all the WWE wrestlers that were released in April wont be totally free until after July 15.

#3 2021-05-20 13:18:24

ilyem

We typically get some sort of surprise, I've heard rumblings of Nick Gage doing a possible one off for AEW, could be him, usually there is some sort of surprise.

#4 2021-05-23 09:28:39

WWFattidude

I thought AEWs network contract doesn't allow them to promote surprises? They have to give advance notice on a wrestlers signing.

#5 2021-05-23 15:29:35

HC13 Aries Styles

I don't know what their contract does allow or don't but they had have several debuts and surprises at their PPVs and even live TV...

#6 2021-05-28 13:23:58

ilyem

TNT doesn't want them doing surprises on Dynamite without promotions beforehand because they want the numbers that the surprise will bring it, when it comes to PPV, I don't believe its the same.

I have heard rumblings of Nick Gage, Samoa Joe now, as well as Daniel Bryan (or in this case Bryan Danielson), but there's also a possibility that Paul Wight could be a surprise entrant as well.

#7 2021-05-28 19:54:46

HC13 Aries Styles

ilyem wrote:

TNT doesn't want them doing surprises on Dynamite without promotions beforehand because they want the numbers that the surprise will bring it, when it comes to PPV, I don't believe its the same.

I have heard rumblings of Nick Gage, Samoa Joe now, as well as Daniel Bryan (or in this case Bryan Danielson), but there's also a possibility that Paul Wight could be a surprise entrant as well.

I don't think Joe will be due to he under a 90 day no complete, if they have Nick Cage involved probably will happen during the Tag title match with Moxley and Kingston vs The Young  Bucks.....  Brian Danielson being the mystery man for the battle royal if he shows up...

Board footer