#1 2019-11-04 13:32:28

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

AEW going head to head with RAW or SmackDown?

Does anybody envisage AEW Dynamite on TNT ever switching day and trying to compete with either Raw or SmackDown?

It doesn't seem likely right now, given they've dropped under a million viewers and Tony Khan ruled out such, but can you see a time if things keep going well that AEW switches day?

What brand would you prefer Dynamite go up against, RAW or SmackDown?

#2 2019-11-04 13:43:07

Jayke1981

Re: AEW going head to head with RAW or SmackDown?

Well we've already had the Monday Night Wars, so logically I'd try against Smackdown on Fridays. Unfortunately for whatever reason, there just isn't the fan base there was 20-25yrs ago, which is really really sad.

Let Me In

#3 2019-11-04 17:43:24

iamDTS

I don't see them going against either unless they can convince 2 million people to watch them on Monday or Friday. I know things are going good right now, but viewership is going to keep dropping if they don't have more personality from the wrestlers.

#4 2019-11-05 10:55:04

IronFistMaiden
Supreme Leader
Website

Jayke1981 wrote:

Well we've already had the Monday Night Wars, so logically I'd try against Smackdown on Fridays. Unfortunately for whatever reason, there just isn't the fan base there was 20-25yrs ago, which is really really sad.

Before Razor jumped the barricade wrestling was in trouble. While WCW was going "more edgy" after that WWF was still exhausting current product storylines and gimmicks and giving too much screen time to stupid shit like Fake Razor & Diesel, The Godwinns and their slop bucket, etc. The build was gradual with WCW taking the early lead and like I said, no surprise, WWF wasn't pulling up on the handlebar to fly where they did yet. A big moment can bring back fans, but sustaining the moment is something WWE has been lacking for awhile. I'm still bitter over the Nexus. They did the right thing out of the gate, massive chaos, then blew it. We got a second chance w/ CM Punk leading the way, perfect setup, then they blew it. WWE has this horrid way of presenting "the guy" who crushes fan-hopeful characters and stories which is one thing AEW is doing right currently is trying to get multiple guys setup to lead the pack. The eventual need for an explosion of chaos in either AEW or WWE is highly needed right now. NXT "invading" is a good start and it's unlikely Tony isn't on the phone with the kind of impact the product needs. I do not think they are necessarily relying on Jack Hagar to be a lynch pin in the big picture. I don't think they've begun "the big picture" cuz there might be a matter of the proper chess pieces being unavailable at the moment. Jericho is unlikely to be the only legend we'll be getting doing main roster work.

Wrestling fans have no patience anymore, knowing that, I would've tried for AEW lighting the fuse on that dynamite immediately. Otherwise I think they are moving at a pace that still has a chance of hitting a regular million views on a Wednesday. SmackDown moving to Friday even kinda helps AEW as fans get a "breather" from Monday to Tuesday and into Dynamite on Wednesday.

I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the WNS Discord https://discord.gg/GTUc4db <-- Invite

#5 2019-11-05 15:53:09

Jayke1981

IronFistMaiden wrote:

Wrestling fans have no patience anymore, knowing that, I would've tried for AEW lighting the fuse on that dynamite immediately. Otherwise I think they are moving at a pace that still has a chance of hitting a regular million views on a Wednesday. SmackDown moving to Friday even kinda helps AEW as fans get a "breather" from Monday to Tuesday and into Dynamite on Wednesday.

I completely agree. Wrestling fans don't have patience. They want things right now - or a certain person to be pushed, and then when they are - 'fans' complain! On another note; for real wrestling fans, the breather is on Thursdays!

Let Me In

#6 2019-11-07 12:41:09

El Pollo Loco

They Will but not in the First 3 Years I think. AEW is creating a Fan Base right Now, developing Talent and they will be aware of key Guys that their contract expire in WWE and try to persuade them to join, obviously not everyone that is free agent will go to AEW like TNA did but key players like Balor, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, EC3, Drew McIntyre

#7 2019-12-13 23:23:11

mkohn

Jayke1981 wrote:
IronFistMaiden wrote:

I completely agree. Wrestling fans don't have patience. They want things right now - or a certain person to be pushed, and then when they are - 'fans' complain! On another note; for real wrestling fans, the breather is on Thursdays!

No breather on Thursday.  Isn't that when Impact Wrestling is on???

#8 2019-12-31 13:54:16

HC13 Aries Styles

mkohn wrote:
Jayke1981 wrote:
IronFistMaiden wrote:

No breather on Thursday.  Isn't that when Impact Wrestling is on???

Impact is on Tuesdays...

#9 2019-12-31 13:59:57

HC13 Aries Styles

My guess one day they will try it, but not anytime soon they still lacking a few things.... One being star power, if and when they sign a big name free agent  or a few various names that will have the wrestling world abuzz... Then   that might be  when they may take the jump and try out either Monday or Friday...  But til then I will enjoy AEW on Wednesday Nights...

Board footer