You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-19 11:49:45

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW lets Ivelisse go!

Well in the recent weeks-months I believe last time she was there  was February, and it was announced that AEW quietly let Ivelisse go....   Which I think was a shame given her and Diamante chemistry as a team, plus winning the Women's Tag team cup...   Which AEW is always rotating bringing in new women at their tapings, some of which works for Thunder Rosa in the promotion she runs..
Want to say I'm sad they kinda done Ivelisse wrong, in letting her go, not signing her for the long term.. But, it is what it is as they bring in more talent, some will make it some want make the cut..   With that what your thoughts of Ivelisse and AEW letting her go???

#2 2021-04-19 13:47:17

ilyem

Re: AEW lets Ivelisse go!

AEW let her go because she is notoriously difficult to work with, this isn't the first promotion she has been let go from. She completely no-sold to Thunder Rosa in a televised match because of her own ego. While she is a good wrestler, she's not a loss simply because of her attitude. Since she showed up the only mentions of her was all about her being difficult to work with, creating issues with other talent and trainers, which is all things she's done before. She tried to say she no-sold to Rosa because Rosa some how hurt Diamante but Diamante and Rosa seem perfectly fine.

I wasn't hype when AEW signed her, and I am perfectly fine with AEW letting her go.

#3 2021-04-21 21:53:17

HC13 Aries Styles

I have heard that, plus having heat with Thunder Rosa either way it real life playing out...

#4 2021-04-21 23:15:31

ilyem

While she’s a talented wrestler and would have been a good addition to the roster, it seems like she can never get out of her own way and eventually her ego or her attitude gets her thrown out on her ass. In this case, she had heat with Thunder Rosa who is pretty beloved back stage, she’s not even a signed wrestler to AEW and TK is putting her in high profile matches and being one of the faces of that division. Possibly hurting their chances of signing to her a contract once her current one is up wasn’t worth keeping Ivelisse around, Rosa is the bigger draw here. She also was never officially announced as ‘All Elite’ so her contract could have been on a contingency as well because of her track record.

Hopefully she can get herself in check and control her ego because she is talented.

Board footer