Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Captain Insano back in AEW!?

In an interview with Miro, Paul Wight hinted at reviving his Captain Insano character from the 1998 Adam Sandler film The Waterboy.

“Here’s the thing, Tony Khan is really good friends with Frank, one of the writers and creators of Waterboy. The Captain Insano character, I think Tony’s trying really hard to get the right to that and do something with it. I told Tony, ‘If you get Captain Insano I will rock the ever loving t*ts off it.’ I’ll get the red boots and the whole nine yards — CAPTAIN INSANO SHOWS NO MERCY!”

AEW recently filed for the trademark on Captain Insano.

#2 2021-04-14 13:45:03

RyanP

Re: Captain Insano back in AEW!?

I’m curious as to how the fans would react to Captain Insano? If they’ve seen the movie then they are going to find it hilarious but if they haven’t seen the movie then they are going to take one look at Paul Wight dressed up as Captain Insano and go WTF is this crap.

#3 2021-04-14 16:17:57

wrestlewriter

RyanP wrote:

I’m curious as to how the fans would react to Captain Insano? If they’ve seen the movie then they are going to find it hilarious but if they haven’t seen the movie then they are going to take one look at Paul Wight dressed up as Captain Insano and go WTF is this crap.

agreed, im not convinced its going to be worthwhile, unless its done right and fans are aware its a parody type thing

#4 2021-04-19 11:52:40

HC13 Aries Styles

I think most fans young and old alike have watched the movie, so they would have a idea what to expect...  Anyway will be interesting to see the long term story with him there, other then announcing...

Board footer