You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-02 11:35:28

Y2JFanatic

Did WWE recently have change of heart with AEW? Did they bury hatchet?

Just announced by Steve Austin, he's gonna have Chris Jericho as a special guest on the Broken Skull Sessions for the WWE Network. Vince McMahon had negative feelings toward AEW in the past but it doesn't seem like he does anymore. After Big Show saying that Vince respects Paul Wight's decision for moving and now Jericho another AEW guy getting on the Steve Austin show...well those are a few clues that WWE and AEW both seem to be on good terms now... so I guess the "war" between the two companies is over.

Did Vince and Tony Khan bury the hatchet behind the scenes???

I wouldn't be surprised we're going to have an AEW vs. WWE crossover storyline sometime in the near future and it would be kind of cool, anyway.

#2 2021-04-02 14:10:44

Aj29051994

Re: Did WWE recently have change of heart with AEW? Did they bury hatchet?

What War? The War that a majority of fans, some bitter ex employees, “so called” wrestling experts like Dave Meltzer etc tried to create, because of some jibes being thrown from one company to the other or vice versa, or because AEW more than has the financial capability to match WWE?

Also, what hatchet was/is there to bury between Vince and Tony? When Tony has stated plenty of times that the “forbidden door” is open.

I agree it would be good to see a crossover, but not just between WWE & AEW, but to have WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact Wrestling and any other companies that wanted to be involved, as Kazuchika Okada mentioned in the past about wanting a crossover show with WWE, NJPW, AEW, CMLL, and AAA.

Last edited by Aj29051994 (2021-04-02 14:11:25)

#3 2021-04-02 14:27:16

Shadow409

I have to agree with "AJ" on this one. What hatchet is there to bury? TK and VKM have no heat with each other as far as I know of, did see they did somewhere? There was never any war between AEW and WWE, that was between the fans because apparently, you can't like both. I think you're reading way too much into this, I could be wrong, but I really don't see a full crossover/invasion angle taking place, I am not opposed to it though.

#4 2021-04-02 15:15:34

ilyem

TK has stated multiple times he would be more than happy to work with any promotion, including WWE if it was allowed. He has mentioned that the 'forbidden door' is opened. WWE is usually the one to keep to themselves and keep it within company, which is their choice to make as a business as well.

I would imagine that it is more of a one off because its Jericho, Jericho has a long term relationship with VKM. I don't see cross over matches happening any time soon, might some time down the road a while from now, but not any time soon. If anything it has opened the door for more of a conversation.

#5 2021-04-02 18:08:45

Blazaholic

I don't think there was ever really a rivalry. Sure people bring up a war to garnish some excitement, but the reality is AEW vs WWE is nowhere near the war WWF vs WCW was. Back then there were clear motives of wanting to take each other out of business. There were shady things done by both promotions to ploy against one another. AEW and WWE have never really been like that. If it was do you think WWE would want to show weakness by moving NXT to Tuesday nights?

#6 2021-04-06 21:17:41

RyanP

Blazaholic wrote:

I don't think there was ever really a rivalry. Sure people bring up a war to garnish some excitement, but the reality is AEW vs WWE is nowhere near the war WWF vs WCW was. Back then there were clear motives of wanting to take each other out of business. There were shady things done by both promotions to ploy against one another. AEW and WWE have never really been like that. If it was do you think WWE would want to show weakness by moving NXT to Tuesday nights?

I agree with you but I would remiss if i didn’t point out that WWE isn’t moving NXT. USA Network is because they are moving the hockey games that were shown on their now defunct sports network on to USA Network on Wednesday nights.

Board footer