You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-16 13:44:23

Y2JFanatic

Shane and Steph, trying to be evil Mr. McMahon??? Yes...

Am I the only one noticing that each time Shane and Steph make appearances, they're both like heels and both of them are very similar to the heel Mr. McMahon. Well, since Mr. McMahon the heel evil owner retired from television long ago by blowing himself up in a limo, it seems to me that Shane and Steph are trying to be more like him. Especially with Shane's performance with Braun last night on RAW. Both Shane and Steph have a little bit of Vince in him. Since evil Mr. McMahon is no longer on television, I bet it's Vince himself that wanted Shane and Steph to be more like him. Be really evil, nasty and cruel like Mr. McMahon was back in the day.

While I'm sure Shane and Steph trying to play heels like their father, they would NEVER top what Vince did in the 90's and Ruthless Aggression era. What Vince did back then was pretty amazing stuff and he played the best heel owner back in the day, man Vince was amazing... I sure do miss the evil Mr. McMahon. No heel authority figure would be able to top what he did. Vince was the best. Of course, Vince's iconic feud with Steve Austin (happy 3/16 day, btw)... nobody will be able to top that and a few  other of Vince's greatest feuds like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, etc.

I wish WWE would bring evil Mr. McMahon back from the dead 'cause that was some great stuff... babyface Vince just doesn't do it for me. Evil Mr. McMahon would totally work in today's WWE... Vince maybe done performing on a full time basis but I'm hoping he makes an on TV comeback someday in the future and he could, never say never on that. Vince still does occasional appearances but only when he's needed and he mostly appears as a babyface. I think Evil McMahon could make a comeback... maybe Vince vs. Hogan part II??? Could happen maybe,  never rule that out either.

Anyhow,  I think Shane and Steph stay around as "heels" 'cause they gotta have heel McMahon's while evil Vince stays off of TV.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2021-03-16 13:45:06)

#2 2021-03-16 15:52:14

Rasslin21

Re: Shane and Steph, trying to be evil Mr. McMahon??? Yes...

I think the evil McMahon idea is dumb. It’s way overdone and just lazy.

Shane has been terrible and Stephanie, while believable, shouldn’t be “playing” a bad guy on the same show where they have commercials showing all the charities she’s involved in.

#3 2021-03-16 17:05:38

Enziguri

The Mr. McMahon character has appeared on WWE television MULTIPLE times since the exploding limo storyline...

#4 2021-03-16 18:35:09

Rasslin21

One way the Mr McMahon character COULD work, is if he’s a complete parody of the perceived Vince McMahon. Kinda like the Vince puppet from the Firefly Funhouse. 

Surrounding himself with Corbin and McIntyre and all the usual WWE suspects to squash guys like Bryan, Owens, AJ styles and other “Indy guys”  could be entertaining and believable.

#5 2021-03-17 09:21:45

Y2JFanatic

Rasslin21 wrote:

One way the Mr McMahon character COULD work, is if he’s a complete parody of the perceived Vince McMahon. Kinda like the Vince puppet from the Firefly Funhouse. 

Surrounding himself with Corbin and McIntyre and all the usual WWE suspects to squash guys like Bryan, Owens, AJ styles and other “Indy guys”  could be entertaining and believable.

Yes to all this, I kind of wish they continued the Vince vs. Kevin Owens feud 'cause it was getting so good but it was short.

#6 2021-03-18 13:25:30

HC13 Aries Styles

Take  the last time Shane was there he was actually liked as he wasn't really a heel or face doing the Raw  Underground stuff...

#7 2021-03-18 15:31:56

ilyem

Hasn't Steph been a heel persona on TV steadily since like 2014 or when The Authority were bigger on screen presences? And Shane's been heel on and off since his return? I don't see how this is exactly new as they've both been heel in their positions of power before.

Not everything is meant to be recreated, I think more so they will forge their own paths with their on screen characters for however long they will be on screen for.

#8 2021-03-18 16:29:30

HC13 Aries Styles

or Shane and Stephanie comes on TV trying to be faces, but then do something and get involved in another Superstar/story/feud and then eventually get made the heel...

Board footer